20231103_175631 (resized).jpg
IMG_4963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4962 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4955 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4956 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).jpeg
17086809037297000656547500638295 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 82.
#651 6 years ago

Nothing wrong with that at all, its a really fun game. I think TWD I'd rumored to be coming to an end also, have you ever played one? That's probably the best title you can buy right now in my opinion. Lots of great choices out there right now.

#652 6 years ago

Ok, backglass isn't made traditionally, in that it is not silk screened.

That said, it is mirrored and it is way better than a standard translite.

Glasses give more depth.

Really, every LE should have mirrored backglasses as it is one of the few extras that makes a difference.

Can't believe SWLE didn't get one - the translite just looks flat.

The purple trim on the LE is also a nice extra.

Is it worth it?

It never usually is in money terms, especially as AS pro is real nice and has a touch more flow as the ramp on the LE is super steep, which means unless shot is perfect, a fair few get rejected.

#653 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It never usually is in money terms, especially as AS pro is real nice and has a touch more flow as the ramp on the LE is super steep, which means unless shot is perfect, a fair few get rejected.

That AS Prem/LE ramp shot can be fixed so most shots make it. It shipped with a design flaw that causes rejects because the ball can hit a gap on the right when it peaks. There's a fix out there and it works. Look it up.

#654 6 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

Probably good advice but I only have room for three games at a time so I think I'll go all out and get the Premium or LE since I don't have the room for more than one additional game right now.

Premium vs LE is just aesthetics - powder coated armour, real backglass and Borg signature is pretty much it. The backglass looks gorgeous, but definitely not worth the extra $$. If money is no object and you just want the nicest version of the game, go LE.

Otherwise Premium can be upgraded with the official Stern side rails (which look cool), and maybe the topper (which is also very cool), for less than the LE.

#655 6 years ago

Premium and LE are the same game, just a few perks with the LE, mirrored back class, signed playfield, certificate of authenticity, powder coated legs. I would say get the premium if you want to play a great game, go LE if your more of a collector. Although I own an LE I'm not sure it was worth extra $1200. I prefer to play the Game.

Quoted from shelby1000:'m planning of getting an Aerosmith in the near future and I'm wondering if the LE is worth the extra money? I looked at the matrix and it appears that the only real difference between the LE and Premium is that the LE has a "real backglass".

#656 6 years ago

Sorry all if this has been covered. I did a search but came up with nothing.

Issue: When ball is launched into the Toy Box, the ball doesn't get registered. Have to wait for the pin to go into search mode, then it dumps it. Any suggestions? I'm assuming that there are opto's inside the toy box. Went into switch test, wiggled my finger in the box (no pun intended) and nothing registered.

Also, this struck me as odd. I had the coin door opened, let the ball come out of the toy box and power was still going to the slings, the bumpers etc. This normal?

#657 6 years ago

There are two wire connectors under the toy box make sure they are seated well. Mine came loose and had the same thing happen.

No more power cutoff switch on the door so power is normal.

#658 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

There are two wire connectors under the toy box make sure they are seated well. Mine came loose and had the same thing happen.
No more power cutoff switch on the door so power is normal.

Thanks Black_Knight wiggled one of the wires going to the connector came right off. Now the fun part....how the f**k to I access that to get it plugged back in. Took the bottom part of the toy box off, but still blocked with the case of the toy box itself.

#659 6 years ago

I just used some long nosed pliers.

It takes a try or two but you don’t need to take anything apart.

#660 6 years ago

Joined the club this week!

Solid fun game for some Holiday Joy!

#661 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Joined the club this week!
Solid fun game for some Holiday Joy!

You are going to love AS Art. It's a keeper brother!! Let us know if you get Medley Tour Multiball. I've got it a couple times but never the main wizard mode yet. Love in a elevator multiball is fun also. Great grear game!

#662 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Also, this struck me as odd. I had the coin door opened, let the ball come out of the toy box and power was still going to the slings, the bumpers etc. This normal?

Spike system doesn't cut power when you open the coin door.

#663 6 years ago

Stern Pinball has released two recent service bulletins for this machine.

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/service-bulletins/service-bulletin-189-core-node-stabilization/2235/Stern-SB189.pdf

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/service-bulletins/service-bulletin-190-core-node-capacitor-service/2236/Stern-SB190.pdf

US customers should contact Stern Pinball, Inc. at 800-542-5377 or [email protected]
All customers outside of the US should contact their distributor.

#664 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Stern Pinball has released two recent service bulletins for this machine.
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/service-bulletins/service-bulletin-189-core-node-stabilization/2235/Stern-SB189.pdf
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/service-bulletins/service-bulletin-190-core-node-capacitor-service/2236/Stern-SB190.pdf
US customers should contact Stern Pinball, Inc. at 800-542-5377 or [email protected]
All customers outside of the US should contact their distributor.

I also verified that they weren't omitted, KISS and Game of Thrones don't have the boards affected by these SBs.

#665 6 years ago

Really enjoyed playing this last Friday at the Pinball Gallery in Malvern, PA. A fantastic pinball parlor. Also played it at Rock Fantasy in Middletown, NY, another rockin’ establishment that feels fairly anti-establishment.

AS rocks. Very cool game. I enjoy the shots quite a bit. There’s nice flow and very little ball stoppage.

Are the rules deep enough for a 4-5 game collection? I like to keep my games for at least 2 years, and I play the hell out of them. Lonnie rules have let me down a little in the past, but I’ve heard there are some cool little quirks to AS rules.

#666 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Really enjoyed playing this last Friday at the Pinball Gallery in Malvern, PA. A fantastic pinball parlor. Also played it at Rock Fantasy in Middletown, NY, another rockin’ establishment that feels fairly anti-establishment.
AS rocks. Very cool game. I enjoy the shots quite a bit. There’s nice flow and very little ball stoppage.
Are the rules deep enough for a 4-5 game collection? I like to keep my games for at least 2 years, and I play the hell out of them. Lonnie rules have let me down a little in the past, but I’ve heard there are some cool little quirks to AS rules.

AS is an awesome game. Surprised us how good the game really is and we have had our machine for 5 months. Be careful if you do not like Lonnie as the programmer. My wife and I like Lonnie s rule sets as they are extremely easy to understand. Lonnie always gets you in to the machine straight away as you can easily work out your objectives. For us Lonnie Rocks! The rule set on AS is plenty deep enough!

Good luck!

#667 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

AS is an awesome game. Surprised us how good the game really is and we have had our machine for 5 months. Be careful if you do not like Lonnie as the programmer. My wife and I like Lonnie s rule sets as they are extremely easy to understand. Lonnie always gets you in to the machine straight away as you can easily work out your objectives. For us Lonnie Rocks! The rule set on AS is plenty deep enough!
Good luck!

Lonnie did a great job on this one! Not deep but FUN for sure. Just got through lighting it up.

#668 6 years ago

Aerosmith... there’s just something special about it. We love ours

But when the heck will we get a skill shot, smart button implementation, outlane sounds, attract mode flipper button sounds, song selection bug resolution & some other ill shit?

I see there’s 2 tech bulletins requiring a spacer & capacitor. Is that related to the game resets & loud ass power supply that sounds like a hovercraft? The tech bulletin itemized symptoms vs fix but IMO it was sorta vague still somehow.

#669 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Aerosmith... there’s just something special about it. We love ours
But when the heck will we get a skill shot, smart button implementation, outlane sounds, attract mode flipper button sounds, song selection bug resolution & some other ill shit?
I see there’s 2 tech bulletins requiring a spacer & capacitor. Is that related to the game resets & loud ass power supply that sounds like a hovercraft? The tech bulletin itemized symptoms vs fix but IMO it was sorta vague still somehow.

No. The tech bulletins are to stop your node boards from dying. I would say it's extremely important to do both of the SBs.

You can replace the fan and it will be so quiet you can't hear when it comes on. I did that with all the Stern Spike machines that came in because the stock power supply fan is annoyingly (and inexcusably) loud.

#670 6 years ago

Ah, so no fix yet for resets.

Bummer

#671 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Bummer

Here is my working theory FWIW.

Mine seems to NOT reset and/or freeze if I shut it off properly the previous use. For example ball 3 ends I wait until attract mode begins as my indicator that any read/write activities should be complete.

I am not an expert on the electronics in use and am fully prepared for (and may even agree with) someone to tell me I am imagining this but all I can say is my issues are extremely rare the last month or so.

#672 6 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Here is my working theory FWIW.
Mine seems to NOT reset and/or freeze if I shut it off properly the previous use. For example ball 3 ends I wait until attract mode begins as my indicator that any read/write activities should be complete.
I am not an expert on the electronics in use and am fully prepared for (and may even agree with) someone to tell me I am imagining this but all I can say is my issues are extremely rare the last month or so.

Just as an observation I too have noticed that I tend to have more issues when I get impatient and start a new game without waiting for the conclusion of the end of game reset.

Hopefully they clean that sort of stuff up with the next release, I think just making sure a new game always starts completely fresh (getting rid of any memory leaks) would go a long way to having more stable code.

#673 6 years ago

I have never had a reset on my pro and I often restart a game even before the toy box empties.

#674 6 years ago

I have never had a reset on my pro and I often restart a game even before the toy box empties.

Good... Good for F'n you

Gawd!

#675 6 years ago

FWIW never have I had a node board fail

Yet Stern issued 2 tech bulletins for node board failure

So the universe does shit on some folks & not others

Meaning some of us get split cabs, ghosted inserts, dead node boards & spike resets.

Some of us get none of that.

I'm jealous of the latter

#676 6 years ago

I probably had one reset... but a lot more weird things tend to happen, not just resets when I'm doing that... and it's not always. Basically I simply agree that there seems to be a general issue at that point in the game when one game is over and before the machine is back to attract mode. Won't happen every time or even usually and when it does won't always cause a reset. Heck... maybe it is something to do with these bulletins since it sounds like they could make a node temporarily not visible to the host which could cause all kinds of wierdness... but I suspect there is a code issue there as well.

All I know for sure is that I will be ordering the kits if nothing else as a preventative measure.

#677 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Bummer

Have you tested your line voltage?

Maybe have someone meter it while you’re playing your pins and see what happens ....

If it gets too low, I think that could drop the 48v down and it will reset at like 47.8v.

Report back ...

rd

#678 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Have you tested your line voltage?
Maybe have someone meter it while you’re playing your pins and see what happens ....
If it gets too low, I think that could drop the 48v down and it will reset at like 47.8v.
Report back ...
rd

Lol

#679 6 years ago

I can't imagine why restarting a game before the Toybox empties would ever cause an issue.

#680 6 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

I can't imagine why restarting a game before the Toybox empties would ever cause an issue.

I can't imagine how killing zombies in a pinball game about killing zombies can cause a game to reset

Pinball is weird like that

#681 6 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Me either but the posts above were about how they get to attract mode before starting a game in order to avoid a reset.

I start the next game pretty fast and have never had an issue.

However I did replace node 8 board right after I got it, so maybe that’s why mine is stable?

#682 6 years ago

Me either but the posts above were about how they get to attract mode before starting a game in order to avoid a reset.
I start the next game pretty fast and have never had an issue.
However I did replace node 8 board right after I got it, so maybe that’s why mine is stable?

I said i wait for attract mode before shutting it off.

#683 6 years ago

Oh sorry. Classic pinside skimming on my part.

But I never wait for that either .

#684 6 years ago

Huh? What’s funny?

It was a serious question, I was trying to help you.

If you don’t want help, stop bitching about your resets every 5 minutes.

Seems you’d rather continuously moan about them rather than attempting to fix them.

rd

#685 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Huh? What’s funny?
It was a serious question, I was trying to help you.
If you don’t want help, stop bitching about your resets every 5 minutes.
Seems you’d rather continuously moan about them rather than attempting to fix them.
rd

Ah dont take it personal Rotor I appreciate ya mang

The lol was because you are like the 100th person to offer advice that will not work & at this point all I can do is laugh.

Everyone told me TWD Horde resets were my outlets or my game or blah blah blah. Then Lyman rolls out an update saying "Fixed the horde reset"

Aaaaand with Aerosmith its the same thing. I can meter my peter but it aint gonna fix it because I am not alone with my Aerosmith woes. In real life or on Pinside. I mean just look @ the comments in this thread. Something is wrong. Only TWD & Aerosmith reset in my house. Never TSPP, LOTR or FGY.

So I appreciate you bro, I'm just at my end here with modern Sterns resetting in my house & the 2 locations I frequent.

#686 6 years ago

I fixed one. It was a GB pro, it would reset occasionally then it got worse and worse until it would reset every ball.

New power supply sorted it.

The problem is the front node board has a watchdog that resets at 47.8v (from memory) and fluctuation from the power source will drop the voltage. Hence “check your voltage” Old Pins used to have a adjustable power supply for exactly that reason (you can wire them for 115v or 110v) Spike games do not.

I also believe the power supplies have a pot to adjust the voltage (so the tech told me, I haven’t had the need to open one). If it is set a couple of spots higher, say to 48.2v, the likelyhood of a 47.8v reset is gone.

So you can fix it. Get into it and fix it.

rd

#687 6 years ago

Just got my powder coat back for my pro. Asked others for months for ideas, found this and am stoked, looks almost navy from 8 feet away, then you get your hands on it and wow, you see the blue and purple..fits great

20171203_180721 (resized).jpg20171203_180721 (resized).jpg

20171205_004054 (resized).jpg20171205_004054 (resized).jpg

20171205_004311 (resized).jpg20171205_004311 (resized).jpg

20171206_104537 (resized).jpg20171206_104537 (resized).jpg

20171205_004006 (resized).jpg20171205_004006 (resized).jpg

#688 6 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Just got my powder coat back for my pro. Asked others for months for ideas, found this and am stoked, looks almost navy from 8 feet away, then you get your hands on it and wow, you see the blue and purple..fits great

Holy moly that’s perfect!

#689 6 years ago

that looks sick dude!!!

#690 6 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

that looks sick dude!!!

Looks awesome. I've been really thinking about powder coating my AS pro as well. Did Robert Stone do this work?

#691 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Looks awesome. I've been really thinking about powder coating my AS pro as well. Did Robert Stone do this work?

Thx, it was done by a guy local to me, he is good and has a nice setup.. it's a really good look imo.. Yeah I know I need some scorecards...

15126101149601997499279 (resized).jpg15126101149601997499279 (resized).jpg

#692 6 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Yeah I know I need some scorecards...

Use these ones I designed when I first got mine this year. Going after Walk This Way first seems to work out best for me.

919-AS-ruleCards (resized).jpg919-AS-ruleCards (resized).jpg

#693 6 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Love the powder coating on the Pro!

#694 6 years ago

another great color done by robert

IMG_6905 (resized).JPGIMG_6905 (resized).JPG

#695 6 years ago
Quoted from rooftop:

another great color done by robert

That looks fantastic!

#696 6 years ago

Anyone here also have SW, GOTG or BM66? Which do you prefer?

I swear, I enjoy all these games when I play them, but I cannot get enough Aerosmith. I think it’s more fun and has more satisfying shots than the others. I worry that if I bought one, one day I’d wake up and be bored by the code, but maybe not?

I will say that as much as I enjoyed the AS LCD sequences the first few times I played it, it now seems overly simple and kinda dull compared to the other three games I mentioned.

#697 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Anyone here also have SW, GOTG or BM66? Which do you prefer?
I swear, I enjoy all these games when I play them, but I cannot get enough Aerosmith. I think it’s more fun and has more satisfying shots than the others. I worry that if I bought one, one day I’d wake up and be bored by the code, but maybe not?
I will say that as much as I enjoyed the AS LCD sequences the first few times I played it, it now seems overly simple and kinda dull compared to the other three games I mentioned.

BM66 is a long term keeper because of the code and what’s coming

I really like my AS too though. I wouldn’t want it to be my only pin though

#698 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

BM66 is a long term keeper because of the code and what’s coming
I really like my AS too though. I wouldn’t want it to be my only pin though

I enjoy BM66, and I get your enthusiasm for Lyman (that the code will be epic, etc.). But there’s plenty to criticize on BM66 beyond the code, and unless you are a diehard Batman fan - or rich or have a large collection - BM66 will have a shelf life. It may be “long term”, but it can never be the “total package” like an LOTR for example. There’s too much “meh” on the BM66 playfield and too much clunk to ever be epic.

#699 6 years ago

Well I sold Lotr. The LCD, theme integration, code and callouts are as good as it gets if you like Batman

Clunky is the last thing I’d say about BM66. If anything shots are too easy. Smooth

TWD and AFMR are a clunkfest and two of my favorite pins

#700 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well I sold Lotr. The LCD, theme integration, code and callouts are as good as it gets if you like Batman
Clunky is the last thing I’d say about BM66. If anything shots are too easy. Smooth
TWD and AFMR are a clunkfest and two of my favorite pins

Curious, what's your definition of a "clunkfest"? Don't think of AFM as clunky...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 12.75
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

There are 4,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way/page/14?hl=samiam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.