Topic Stats

• 2,538 posts
  • 263 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by scottslash
  • Topic is favorited by 107 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 390 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4299 (resized).jpg
1559240720262328226895619940934 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190530-093546 (resized).png
272628C9-9FE8-4E7C-AD63-548CF6C26C3E (resized).jpeg
4343B646-B3C1-43C1-94D0-98923D56726B (resized).jpeg
20190505_163023 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
Aerosmithcard-100.pdf (PDF preview)
20190419_123953 (resized).jpeg
20190416_194316 (resized).jpg
20190416_193622 (resized).jpg
20190407_194121 (resized).jpg
20190318_201608.png
20190318_201234.png
2F2E97C9-5FF3-4720-9AFA-7494ADE5B846 (resized).jpeg
880AC633-8F2F-4B43-A488-58CBDFB5D4C6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2538 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 51.
#551 1 year ago
Quoted from merccat:

Gotta be careful here too. I find that too short and the ball will dribble onto right sling and straight into left outlane.

I've seen this on location, but I also know their game is unbalanced and leans a tad to the right; on my machine, even a ball that barely makes it out of the shooter lane returns to the right flipper.

#552 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I've seen this on location, but I also know their game is unbalanced and leans a tad to the right; on my machine, even a ball that barely makes it out of the shooter lane returns to the right flipper.

I'll have to re-check my level then, I had moved the game slightly.

#553 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The new Spike games sound pretty good for stock machines. Separate bass and treble controls in the menu too.
rd

Where? I don't see any on BM66

#554 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

Where? I don't see any on BM66

Have a look in the Utilities menu ...
On the first page, Around the middle.

On that screen, you'll see the VOL menu.

That's where it all is.

rd

#555 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

WJ, you just listed three things you can't do on the machine: finish modes successfully, elevator MB, play long enough to get a bomb. OK the last on is a stretch for anyone.
If you think Elevator is especially hard, work on it. It's just orbits and elevator.
This machine is simple, but not easy, just like the classics. Doesn't need deep code if you 'can't finish it' regularly.

I'm not saying I don't like it because I can't finish it.

I've been to the mini wizard mode (for starting all modes) a fair few times, I've even completed all of the modes, with the exception of Elevator, plenty of times as well. At the moment the game just seems to be play constantly start multiball taking a mode into it and then see where it gets you. Any score, or bonus, you get from completing a mode pails into insignificance in comparison to the points available in multiball.

Starting Elevator isn't the problem, even if it needs accurate loops, it's making progress through it that's the issue. Closest I've managed is a 6th floor jackpot.

I've had smart bomb a few times, but only from a mystery award - is this the only way to get it currently?

IMHO it definitely needs a code update. Integrating a skill shot, smart bombs being more readily available - maybe from a skill shot, or 3-way combo, or progressing up a spinner or pop bumper level, rather than just a mystery award, which by default gives you extra time if in a mode or add a ball if in multiball.

There's no way I'll "give up on it" until I've completed the Wizard Mode, as that's the way I am, but my partner and many friends have already dismissed it as just shoot the toy box and is boring. As it stands WPT and MET are getting more play.

#556 1 year ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I'm not saying I don't like it because I can't finish it.
I've been to the mini wizard mode (for starting all modes) a fair few times, I've even completed all of the modes, with the exception of Elevator, plenty of times as well. At the moment the game just seems to be play constantly start multiball taking a mode into it and then see where it gets you. Any score, or bonus, you get from completing a mode pails into insignificance in comparison to the points available in multiball.
Starting Elevator isn't the problem, even if it needs accurate loops, it's making progress through it that's the issue. Closest I've managed is a 6th floor jackpot.
I've had smart bomb a few times, but only from a mystery award - is this the only way to get it currently?
IMHO it definitely needs a code update. Integrating a skill shot, smart bombs being more readily available - maybe from a skill shot, or 3-way combo, or progressing up a spinner or pop bumper level, rather than just a mystery award, which by default gives you extra time if in a mode or add a ball if in multiball.
There's no way I'll "give up on it" until I've completed the Wizard Mode, as that's the way I am, but my partner and many friends have already dismissed it as just shoot the toy box and is boring. As it stands WPT and MET are getting more play.

Anyone that thinks AS is "just shoot the toy box and is boring" doesn't know jack sh* t about this game. AS is a killer game and a ton of fun!

#557 1 year ago

Had something scary happen last night. I was cleaning and making some minor adjustments and powered the game off while in diagnostics.... loaded balls back up, put the glass back in, powered back up and nothing.

Tried powering back off for about 30 seconds and back on... nothing.

Opened the head and could see all power leds indicating good power... still nothing. Basically spike2 was refusing to boot after shutting down in diagnostics.

I noticed that the 5v led was still barely on after power down apparently slowly drawing from the power supply caps do I unplugged the power supply output lines going to the main board and all nodes. Waited a moment, plugged them back in and powered up. Successfull boot!!!

*phew*
So lesson learned: apparently Spike2 does not have any circuitry to shut off logic on power down and is relying entirely on loss of power to fully reset. The power supply has enough capacitance to keep the logic alive at some level for quite a while after power down. If your system encounteres something you can't seem to clear with a power cycle... maybe give it 20-30 minutes while off or unplug the boards for a moment.

#558 1 year ago
Quoted from merccat:

Had something scary happen last night. I was cleaning and making some minor adjustments and powered the game off while in diagnostics.... loaded balls back up, put the glass back in, powered back up and nothing.
Tried powering back off for about 30 seconds and back on... nothing.
Opened the head and could see all power leds indicating good power... still nothing. Basically spike2 was refusing to boot after shutting down in diagnostics.
I noticed that the 5v led was still barely on after power down apparently slowly drawing from the power supply caps do I unplugged the power supply output lines going to the main board and all nodes. Waited a moment, plugged them back in and powered up. Successfull boot!!!
*phew*
So lesson learned: apparently Spike2 does not have any circuitry to shut off logic on power down and is relying entirely on loss of power to fully reset. The power supply has enough capacitance to keep the logic alive at some level for quite a while after power down. If your system encounteres something you can't seem to clear with a power cycle... maybe give it 20-30 minutes while off or unplug the boards for a moment.

Pretty common with Spike. You just have to leave it off for a hair longer before powering up again.

#559 1 year ago

I am thinking a little out of the box for for a different style of pop bumper cap protectors. "Flower Power" , is the new "old style" shape that looks great with the Aerosmith vintage rock n roll theme. The outer curved out shape glows really well with the factory lighting. Available in clear or yellow. These and other cool Aerosmith mods can be seen at www.modfatherpinball.com
AS_pop_bumpers_1a_1024x1024 (1) (resized).jpg AS_pop_bumpers_3a_large (resized).jpg20170826_125008_1024x1024 (resized).jpg

20170826_125015_large (resized).jpg

#560 1 year ago

Would be cool if someone knows Steven Tyler and could persuade him to add some custom quotes to this game

Custom band member quotes really add to Met and KISS.

#561 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Would be cool if someone knows Steven Tyler and could persuade him to add some custom quotes to this game
Custom band member quotes really add to Met and KISS.

Yeh, that would be cool. How could u not be proud to be on this game?

#562 1 year ago

He charged 2 million to do a birthday party (heard that on celebrity news) wonder how much call outs would cost.

#563 1 year ago

But anyone with an ego that big would surely want to 'star' in his own game, surely?

#564 1 year ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

He charged 2 million to do a birthday party (heard that on celebrity news) wonder how much call outs would cost.

Wow. That kind of make me appreciate MET callouts a lot more.

#566 1 year ago

Those look fantastic......would really love to have one!

#567 1 year ago

Having played SWLE, I never would have predicted a year or so ago, that AS would end up being way more fun than SW, to me anyway. Strange days.

#568 1 year ago

Having played SWLE, I never would have predicted a year or so ago, that AS would end up being way more fun than SW, to me anyway. Strange days.

I think AS is bettwr than SW also....who would have ever thought? It does seem like the AS buzz has died though for some reason. People are overlooking a great pin.

#569 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think AS is bettwr than SW also....who would have ever thought? It does seem like the AS buzz has died though for some reason. People are overlooking a great pin.

Stern buzz in general has died.

#570 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

Stern buzz in general has died.

It has somewhat I agree. The sad thing about it also is it would be so easy to turn things around and just start kicking azz again that it's not even funny. Make a better playfield and BAM.......they're back in business and making pins as fast as they can make them! So so easy........

#571 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It has somewhat I agree. The sad thing about it also is it would be so easy to turn things around and just start kicking azz again that it's not even funny. Make a better playfield and BAM.......they're back in business and making pins as fast as they can make them! So so easy........

Even easier than that.

Finish coding games

#572 1 year ago

And stop stripping out value.

1 week later
#573 1 year ago

Anyone know if the end of game song can be changed using pinball browser without affecting the songs during game play?

#574 1 year ago

It's arrived! Finally ....

rd

IMG_7057 (resized).JPG

IMG_7081 (resized).JPG

#575 1 year ago

Cliffy's finally got the kickout protectors done.....

toyboxv2-02 (resized).JPG

toyboxv2-04 (resized).JPG

diamond-kickout-003 (resized).jpg

diamond-kickout-005 (resized).jpg

diamond-kickout-006 (resized).jpg

#576 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Cliffy's finally got the kickout protectors done.....

I completely forgot to check back in with him about this protector. Awesome he got it done! Pretty much a must-have if you don't want that heavily-used spot to wear.

#577 1 year ago

Easy to fit with the upper p/f?

#578 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It's arrived! Finally ....
rd

Nice!

Would appreciate any tips to score big as just can't score high on this game - highest score so far only 120 million.

#579 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

I completely forgot to check back in with him about this protector. Awesome he got it done! Pretty much a must-have if you don't want that heavily-used spot to wear.

You can see in that first photo how much wear the kick-out hole was already getting. I think these are going to be a must have.

#580 1 year ago

Easy to fit with the upper p/f?

Fits from under the pf, so upper pf isn't an issue.

#581 1 year ago
Quoted from merccat:

You can see in that first photo how much wear the kick-out hole was already getting. I think these are going to be a must have.

Yep, definitely a must-have. I didn't notice that one edge on the left was really worn away from square as it turned the corner from the ball resting there. That'll probably get nasty pretty quickly.

#582 1 year ago

Best thing about this protector is that it will guarantee the ball sits in the same spot every time for the kick.

#583 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Best thing about this protector is that it will guarantee the ball sits in the same spot every time for the kick.

I did not see the protector on the sight. Where did you get yours?

#584 1 year ago

Nice!
Would appreciate any tips to score big as just can't score high on this game - highest score so far only 120 million.

6 games in I have 200m plus ... it's not that tricky.

First up - practice looping the centre ramp over and over again. Try and hit it 10x in a row. This is the same as KISS ... the centre ramp is an important shot. When you light a multiplier X, I'd multiply the centre ramp.

Gameplay: I would start with Walk this Way. Spank the ramps. Completing the mode gives you super ramps which is sweet points. Start Crank it up if you can, this gives even more points during the mode.

Multiball: aim to light all the locks ASAP. if you can, be ballsy and go for the 6 ball multiball, it is worth a lot more points. ALWAYS start a mode before a multiball. This applies to every game. Try and shoot the LOCK lane during MB which will give you 2x scoring for some seconds. If you shoot it again, you'll get 3x scoring for some seconds. Well worth doing!!

That'll give you enough to get more than 120m.

More tips and knowledge on Tilt:
http://tiltforums.com/t/aerosmith-rulesheet/2499

rd

#585 1 year ago

Agree with all Dave posted above with an emphasis on the 5 or 6 ball multiball with super ramps and a multiplier or two going. It's quite a grind for me to get 250 million plus.

#586 1 year ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I did not see the protector on the sight. Where did you get yours?

Email him direct - should be a contact on his website. If not pm me.

#587 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

6 games in I have 200m plus ... it's not that tricky.
First up - practice looping the centre ramp over and over again. Try and hit it 10x in a row. This is the same as KISS ... the centre ramp is an important shot. When you light a multiplier X, I'd multiply the centre ramp.
Gameplay: I would start with Walk this Way. Spank the ramps. Completing the mode gives you super ramps which is sweet points. Start Crank it up if you can, this gives even more points during the mode.
Multiball: aim to light all the locks ASAP. if you can, be ballsy and go for the 6 ball multiball, it is worth a lot more points. ALWAYS start a mode before a multiball. This applies to every game. Try and shoot the LOCK lane during MB which will give you 2x scoring for some seconds. If you shoot it again, you'll get 3x scoring for some seconds. Well worth doing!!
That'll give you enough to get more than 120m.
More tips and knowledge on Tilt:
http://tiltforums.com/t/aerosmith-rulesheet/2499
rd

Will try this, thanks. My AS seems to be a real drain monster but it has a ton of 'one more game' appeal.

Now we have been told a code update is coming, what is essential?

I think in no particular order -

1. Smart missiles. Way more of them ( still haven't seen one in 200 games! )

2. Medley. Too difficult/not rewarding or enough high scoring. Major adjustment needed.

3. Outlane sound, goes without saying.

4. More call outs. From the band? Yeah Dream On And an extra song?

5. Bug fixes.

6. Champion awards - essential to have TITA , Elevator MB. Bonus to have others.

#588 1 year ago

Will try this, thanks. My AS seems to be a real drain monster but it has a ton of 'one more game' appeal.
Now we have been told a code update is coming, what is essential?
I think in no particular order -
1. Smart missiles. Way more of them ( still haven't seen one in 200 games! )
2. Medley. Too difficult/not rewarding or enough high scoring. Major adjustment needed.
3. Outlane sound, goes without saying.
4. More call outs. From the band? Yeah Dream On And an extra song?
5. Bug fixes.
6. Champion awards - essential to have TITA , Elevator MB. Bonus to have others.

Agree, with all of the above, plus need a skill shot for a plunge to the lock - maybe award a smart missile for that.
Medley Wizard Mode - songs should either follow song order you played them (like Encore in AcDc), or skip to those songs you have yet to complete (like SoS in Tron)
Champion awards for each mode, as well as Medley and Final Tour.

I also just want to leave this here Got this last night by completing Final Tour Wizard Mode and cashing in a 1.2 Billion Jackpot

Aerosmith (resized).jpg

#589 1 year ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Agree, with all of the above, plus need a skill shot for a plunge to the lock - maybe award a smart missile for that.
Medley Wizard Mode - songs should either follow song order you played them (like Encore in AcDc), or skip to those songs you have yet to complete (like SoS in Tron)
Champion awards for each mode, as well as Medley and Final Tour.
I also just want to leave this here Got this last night by completing Final Tour Wizard Mode and cashing in a 1.2 Billion Jackpot

Insane score

Also reading on Tilt forum of players getting 90m a ramp shot on WTW mode! And 174m on Rats.

Definitely need some song Champion awards with scoring potential like this.

The game has way more scoring strategy than first realized.

#590 1 year ago

Insane score
Also reading on Tilt forum of players getting 90m a ramp shot on WTW mode! And 174m on Rats.
Definitely need some song Champion awards with scoring potential like this.
The game has way more scoring strategy than first realized.

Well, the Stern of Union post did say that AS was getting a code update soon...

#591 1 year ago

Yep from Stern's facebook for those that don't facebook:

"Status of Code:
We are continuously working to update and improve software for our machines. There are always code updates and bug fixes in various stages of development; as usual we will release them as soon as possible. Here’s a sneak peek at two games that will have updates coming very soon, as well as status on a few other titles:
- Star Wars with its newest asteroid video mode and intense lightsaber duel!
- Batman ’66 with the new major villain cliffhangers!
- Ghostbusters: As soon as Star Wars is complete, we will be focusing on a final update for Ghostbusters.
- Aerosmith: Aerosmith will also be getting a little more polish.
- KISS: We will be revisiting KISS code very soon to create a final update."

#592 1 year ago

Is there a way to increase flipper power - all I see is "coil pulse power"

2 weeks later
#593 1 year ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

Anyone else getting about 75% rejects into the toy box to lock a ball? Mine goes left and out 3 out of 4 times at least.

It's not the diverter adjustment, you want to set the right hole eject power back. Go to adjustments and set it at 200. Mine was 220 and had same problem. Now only occasionally it over shoots. Going to fine tune later.

#594 1 year ago
Quoted from Moeman65:

It's not the diverter adjustment, you want to set the right hole eject power back. Go to adjustments and set it at 200. Mine was 220 and had same problem. Now only occasionally it over shoots. Going to fine tune later.

good info thanks!

#595 1 year ago

Custom premium pics. Waiting on the blades to arrive to finish...

07CF10A9-A4BB-4725-8A21-2CA232A38189 (resized).jpeg

27F46922-E1BA-48AB-B60A-C492568C6AA5 (resized).jpeg

EDE79AE8-38D7-470F-8719-F6249647E22C (resized).jpeg

B27C9522-B9AE-44BF-8161-B668CFA09ABB (resized).jpeg

A58FAF47-5DD5-408D-B808-5290E3E66BAE (resized).jpeg

DDB00C1F-0AF6-43FB-808C-DEC4452E97D1 (resized).jpeg

4C3CBBEA-CBC2-40A8-A0AD-066010DC31CF (resized).jpeg

D863FA7C-910A-4C08-9193-4C4A7947998E (resized).jpeg

A8359D5F-8990-4768-A550-4798609B1CB8 (resized).jpeg

#596 1 year ago

Few more pics. The metallic is gorgeous.

B601E691-B22B-4223-A4C5-2EBFA27EF52A (resized).jpeg

7D0944B1-B13E-4A2A-A7E0-CC2D8534C1E2 (resized).jpeg

A311E6BB-6291-44FF-9AB6-3F7646E04B88 (resized).jpeg

E3C2FB8D-5E1A-40BF-825F-2B976694143D (resized).jpeg

56004E1C-9B03-487C-AC50-2EDC48AC1169 (resized).jpeg

B555E4C7-F36B-4A3C-9072-C2857D23C6D1 (resized).jpeg

443B0A8F-D820-49B7-9042-76C2C143E4C4 (resized).jpeg

#597 1 year ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Few more pics. The metallic is gorgeous.

Aaaaaaand now my Aerosmith sucks.

Thanks a lot... I'm gonna have to put you on "ignore"

#598 1 year ago

That looks AMAZING!

#599 1 year ago

that is by far the best looking AS Premium I've seen!

#600 1 year ago
Quoted from vex:

good info thanks!

Just fine tuned right eject down to a setting of 195 and shot about a dozen balls and didn't miss a one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.75
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
The Flipper Room
$ 169.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 279.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 399.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blandon, PA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plano, TX
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
15522, PA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2538 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 51.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside