Topic Stats

• 2,424 posts
  • 251 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by mbwalker
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 377 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190318_201608.png
20190318_201234.png
2F2E97C9-5FF3-4720-9AFA-7494ADE5B846 (resized).jpeg
880AC633-8F2F-4B43-A488-58CBDFB5D4C6 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0038 (resized).jpg
75B38345-3E2B-436A-81A1-83114B3F8D9B (resized).jpeg
20190125_174947 (resized).jpg
20190125_174959 (resized).jpg
Hole Centered (resized).jpg
Back (resized).jpg
Front (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20190113_151009 (resized).jpg
20190113_150957 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2424 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 49.
#501 1 year ago

How many people have the stern side rails?
I added them to my pro and I think they really finish the art work package.

#502 1 year ago

I want them for my game but the price is the problem,I sure I will break down because they look fantastic

#503 1 year ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Agree! I added them on day one.

I wish I could decide what color to powder coat them and the other hardware. That would be the finishing touch.

#504 1 year ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Added them when I removed my premium from the box before I even played a game...along with a shaker motor and Super-Bands.

Phoebe

#505 1 year ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I added them as well. Really think they look great on the pro. As if it wasn't already a stunning art package, these Stern custom rails just put it over the top. Well worth the $250.

#506 1 year ago

How many people would be interested in lighting up those stern side rails rather than mirrored cardboard?
Basically like I did the the Tron legacy side rails a few years back.

lit tron (resized).jpg

#507 1 year ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

How many people would be interested in lighting up those stern side rails rather than mirrored cardboard?

I'm in!

#508 1 year ago

proto - version

Added 18 months ago: These are available on my site after 9-16-17 hookedonpinball.com

http://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/c22/Aerosmith-Pinball-Mods

#509 1 year ago

Pro vs. Premium/LE.
From all the videos I've been watching, it appears that the Pro has more flow than the Premium or LE.
I tried finding some videos showcasing the upper playfield in action with little luck.

For those that have played both, in your opinion, is the Premium/LE worth the extra money?
Does it offer that much more than the Pro?

I'm leaning towards the Pro, but I'm still up in the air.
Thanks for your input.

#510 1 year ago
Quoted from hank35:

Pro vs. Premium/LE.
From all the videos I've been watching, it appears that the Pro has more flow than the Premium or LE.
I tried finding some videos showcasing the upper playfield in action with little luck.
For those that have played both, in your opinion, is the Premium/LE worth the extra money?
Does it offer that much more than the Pro?
I'm leaning towards the Pro, but I'm still up in the air.
Thanks for your input.

Premium is the way to go, plus you have scoring opportunities not present at all on the Pro.

#511 1 year ago

LE has a gorgeous mirrored backglass if you can get a good deal to make it worth extra over premium.

#512 1 year ago

I got a great deal on my LE and it's beautiful. The upper playfield actually adds a lot to the feel of the game and h entire playfield multiplier is a blast using the upper playfield. If you have the cash get a premium or Le. If it's a stretch the pro is a lot of fun too.

#513 1 year ago

yes premium/LE is worth it on this game
metallica? no

#514 1 year ago

I prefer the Premium/LE - I really enjoy the entire upper playefield set up. It makes the game more exciting IMO.

#515 1 year ago

Pro owner and I bought it because of the cost savings. The Prem is better though, so if you have some cash to put towards a Prem go in that direction. If the extra cash is a little much for you then get a Pro. They both play great!

#516 1 year ago

I played a lot of the Pro locally before I purchased... and I picked up the Premium. I really like the upper playfield. Ball isn't up there too long and it's really satisfying to hit all 5 targets then hit the orbit for double scoring.

#517 1 year ago

Pro owner, I couldn't justify the extra expense for the upper playfield to myself, Pro is still an absolute blast to play.

I did run into a funny bug today that I'm not sure if it's been mentioned:

I had like 5 balls in the chest from an earlier game where I restarted a new game before the match sequence that empties the chest. Then after the first ball of the next game I reset the game... not sure if I held down start longer than normal or what since this hasn't happened to me before but it opened and emptied the chest at the start of my first ball.

#518 1 year ago

Pro all the way on this game, for me. Save your LE $ for GoT, much better upper playfield.

#519 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Pro all the way on this game, for me. Save your LE $ for GoT, much better upper playfield.

Wooooooooooooooh big fella! The GOT pro is the way to go with that title.

I bought an AS Pro too. I played both at Texas, pro will do me just fine.

rd

#520 1 year ago

Pro owner - I do like the Prem/Le but not at 2k+ more. Would rather put the cash towards my next machine.

The upper playfield is ok and changes the scoring a bit but I seem to find the Pro faster and a little more difficult, especially getting the elevator multi ball.

Really can't go wrong either way on this one

1 week later
#521 1 year ago

Anyone add just a new subwoofer for more bass or did you swap all speakers out?

I don't think stock sounds bad other than not enough bass.

#522 1 year ago

I did a Polk 10 and like always it helps a lot,I still would like to change my speakers out

#523 1 year ago

I just tweaked the sound in the settings. I usually don't get to play the pins to loud, so the stock is working pretty well for me. I'd rather swap out some of my older pin speakers.

#524 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

I just tweaked the sound in the settings. I usually don't get to play the pins to loud, so the stock is working pretty well for me. I'd rather swap out some of my older pin speakers.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how good the game sounds with the factory speakers. I know it's not mind blowing but it's not bad at all really.

#525 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how good the game sounds with the factory speakers. I know it's not mind blowing but it's not bad at all really.

Definitely one of the better sounding pins with everything stock.

#526 1 year ago

I agree, sounds pretty good.

Could you just a tiny bit more bass

#527 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The new Spike games sound pretty good for stock machines. Separate bass and treble controls in the menu too.

Not quite the same level as Spooky machines though. They kick ass.

rd

#528 1 year ago

https://www.adorama.com/pkaam1055c.html?sdtid=10541876&emailprice=t&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=rflaid62905

$69.99

Polk Audio PSW10 10" Powered Subwoofer, 35Hz-200Hz, 50W Continuous Power, Single
MFR: PSW 10-B

#529 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone add just a new subwoofer for more bass or did you swap all speakers out?

I put in a FF set (2 speakers and sub) and the sound is incredible. I couldn't believe how much better the game sounds now.

#530 1 year ago
Quoted from Foo:

I put in a FF set (2 speakers and sub) and the sound is incredible. I couldn't believe how much better the game sounds now.

+1

I went with the 12" sub, but I think the 10" would be enough for next time.

#531 1 year ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

And I did to my Met

Very easy to do, not too expensive and looks great. Lots of different colours that can be chosen as well.

EL Met (resized).jpg

#532 1 year ago

IMG_4957 (resized).JPG

IMG_4958 (resized).JPG

#533 1 year ago

Hi everybody. I just added AS Prem and LE kickout protectors to my shop. I wanted to post here to let everyone know!
You can buy them here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1082-pin-mods/01064-nudies-clear-shooter-lane-eject-protectors

#534 1 year ago

Well, debating whether to do something I have never done before on a game.......

Bring the outlanes in!

The outlanes on AS seem brutal!

Anyone done this or maybe I just play better

#535 1 year ago

Play better.

With the VIP save you are really only impacting one side.

I'm still trying to get used to the outlane divider on the left as it is more difficult to nudge out of trouble with the wire and not a post.

#536 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Play better.
With the VIP save you are really only impacting one side.
I'm still trying to get used to the outlane divider on the left as it is more difficult to nudge out of trouble with the wire and not a post.

Yeah, left outlane even tougher with the divider!

I found TWD an easier game than AS - gives it plenty of longevity.

#537 1 year ago

Got some time this weekend and put about 90 min or so on an AS Pro I found on location. There was also a GB Pro and a SW Pro there as well. Let me tell you I absolutely had a blast on AS! Love the art, LCD integration, the shots and that damn toy box has to be one of the coolest toys ever. Stern really hit the nail with this one. Only downside was it had a split cabinet and the cheap drains from the pops were annoying at times. Played 2 games on GB and walked away. SW was nice and the theme grabbed me at first but didn't keep me interested very long. Seemed like a cluster F of too much crap going on. Anyways just want to congratulate you AS owners on a super game. Definitely see this one in my house in the near future.

#538 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, debating whether to do something I have never done before on a game.......
Bring the outlanes in!
The outlanes on AS seem brutal!
Anyone done this or maybe I just play better

I admit to doing it. It doesn't help as much as I thought it would. These outlanes are just a bitch.

#539 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Yeah, left outlane even tougher with the divider!
I found TWD an easier game than AS - gives it plenty of longevity.

TWD easier than AS? Geeeeze......no way! The left outline on AS is brutal for sure but I have pretty long ball times on AS, much longer than TWD. I would just say keep practicing because AS is one of the easiest games I've played as far as keeping the ball in play goes.

#540 1 year ago

The short plunge is your friend on AS. I avoid a full plunge whenever possible, especially when I can go for a lock with a skill shot.

#541 1 year ago

I brought the left outlane in. Just seems to be a little fairer playing the game. I wish they would have had a rubber bumper on that side and the solid divider on the other side since there is a save. SW is the same way, so I brought the left one in on it also. I don't mind the games hard, but hate when they feel cheap. I'm not trying to steal my own money, but rather enjoy the game and encourage my wife and friends to play too.

Do what makes you happy.

#542 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The short plunge is your friend on AS. I avoid a full plunge whenever possible, especially when I can go for a lock with a skill shot.

Arrrg, I'm such a newb! For the skill shot I plunge to try to get it to slide in the back door of the lock?

#543 1 year ago

Side rail EL panel now available final version.

Ok these are up and available plug in and play for the Stern side armor.
They are factory stamped to match the cut outs and I ran 25 sets.
I would describe the EL color as purplish blue and it is very hard to take a picture of EL panel.
Wiring tucks behind the rail up to the back box and plugs in.
Simple straight forward mod that is factory finish quality.
Thanks for checking us out.

http://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p114/Aerosmith-Side-Rail-Illumination-Kit-Pinball-Mod

20170911_212905_resized (resized).jpg

#544 1 year ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Arrrg, I'm such a newb! For the skill shot I plunge to try to get it to slide in the back door of the lock?

It depends where I am in the game. I try to always keep lock lit, especially early in the game. The kickout of the lock shot can be just as brutal as the pop bumpers. I find myself short plunging to right flipper and going for the box to light more locks. My strategy may change if a code update makes that backdoor shot valuable.

As it stands, there really isn't a skill shot for points as far as I can tell. I could see the lock shot as being a standard skill shot, and a short plunge to any shot sort of like the long plunge on Metallica. I can't wait for an update!

#545 1 year ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I can't wait for an update!

ME TOO!!!

#546 1 year ago

Just got an AS PRO at home, was really looking forward to it after playing it on site and at a friends, but am starting to get the feeling that it's not really a deep enough game for me with the current code.

What settings has anyone changed from factory to make it more 'interesting'?

I seem to end up timing out the modes, unintentionally, and then getting to mini wizard, which seems like a waste of time atm.
Elevator multiball is so hard to make any significant progress on, especially as it's a pain to actually light the locks and start it!

A smart bomb seems incredibly rare to get - can you only get one from a mystery award, or am I missing something?

Really think it could do with an update, as it just doesn't seem deep enough for a home environment.

#547 1 year ago

WJ, you just listed three things you can't do on the machine: finish modes successfully, elevator MB, play long enough to get a bomb. OK the last on is a stretch for anyone.

If you think Elevator is especially hard, work on it. It's just orbits and elevator.

This machine is simple, but not easy, just like the classics. Doesn't need deep code if you 'can't finish it' regularly.

#548 1 year ago

I got the pro. i can't say i regret it. but if you can afford, i would do the premium. l liked the upper playfield on game of thrones and I think it add something to mix it up on aerosmith.

#549 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Gotta be careful here too. I find that too short and the ball will dribble onto right sling and straight into left outlane.

#550 1 year ago
Quoted from merccat:

Gotta be careful here too. I find that too short and the ball will dribble onto right sling and straight into left outlane.

Maybe incline has something to do with this. I own a premium and my short plunge drops straight down to the right flipper 95% of the time. On the contrary, I play a Pro on location and it always hits the top of the sling or the sling itself which is dangerous.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
The Flipper Room
Sale Pending!
West Chicago, IL
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.75
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
7,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantation, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 2424 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 49.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside