Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Invi00
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

My brand new Aerosmith has developed some strange malfunction regarding the Toy Box and counting of the balls in play.

When it occurs the Toy Box starts opening and closing and also the bottom mechanism keeps running, see video link:

Often this is accompanied with a wrong number of balls in play: two or more while there should be just one, sometimes it even puts two balls in the shooter lane. This results in the game ending as soon as one ball drains (and other balls are still on the playfield).

This malfunction is not present all the time, but pops up after playing for a while. When it starts occurring, it looks like it keeps occurring as long as the machine stays on, so it doesn’t seem to be linked to software but rather a hardware thing that starts malfunctioning when the machine is turned on for a while.

Trying to pinpoint the culprit we swapped the node board with that of another Aerosmith of a friend and the pin seemed to play correctly for a couple of games (the board had to return with it’s owner). After installing my board back, it played flawless for a few games, but after that the malfunction started again…

Can somebody please help me solving this problem on this otherwise marvellous pinball machine?

#2 6 years ago

have you checked all connectors under the playfield ? esp the ball eject connectors.

#3 6 years ago

I have checked connectors on the nodeboard as well as on the trough prints, since my Metallica had a similar problem that was caused by a bad connector on the trough LED print.

I'll check the rest of the connectors as well.

2 weeks later
#4 6 years ago

Have you found what was the cause of this problem?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.75
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-malfunctioning-toy-box and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.