Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Invi00
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

My brand new Aerosmith has developed some strange malfunction regarding the Toy Box and counting of the balls in play.

When it occurs the Toy Box starts opening and closing and also the bottom mechanism keeps running, see video link:

Often this is accompanied with a wrong number of balls in play: two or more while there should be just one, sometimes it even puts two balls in the shooter lane. This results in the game ending as soon as one ball drains (and other balls are still on the playfield).

This malfunction is not present all the time, but pops up after playing for a while. When it starts occurring, it looks like it keeps occurring as long as the machine stays on, so it doesn’t seem to be linked to software but rather a hardware thing that starts malfunctioning when the machine is turned on for a while.

Trying to pinpoint the culprit we swapped the node board with that of another Aerosmith of a friend and the pin seemed to play correctly for a couple of games (the board had to return with it’s owner). After installing my board back, it played flawless for a few games, but after that the malfunction started again…

Can somebody please help me solving this problem on this otherwise marvellous pinball machine?

#2 1 year ago

have you checked all connectors under the playfield ? esp the ball eject connectors.

#3 1 year ago

I have checked connectors on the nodeboard as well as on the trough prints, since my Metallica had a similar problem that was caused by a bad connector on the trough LED print.

I'll check the rest of the connectors as well.

2 weeks later
#4 1 year ago

Have you found what was the cause of this problem?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 50.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Williamston, MI
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
7,499 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
Sale Pending!
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside