(Topic ID: 187420)

Aerosmith LE- No shaker

By sepins

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 7 years ago

Borg LE's never come with a shaker. He claims he'd rather put the budget into features since someone can add a shaker themselves, but can't add a feature if he has to cut it. On Xmen for instance, he wanted two Nightcrawler pop ups but could only do it by removing the shaker.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I get that, but with the price increases, I'm not really sure it's that close to make the bill of materials unless those were cut too. Maybe the art package costs more than we know, but Aerosmith isn't exactly the most packed game for the cost.
Shakers are neat, but not critical. It's fine if the designer chooses not to use one for the game. I can't really see what would be added to the game in lieu of a shaker on this one though.

Oh, I agree that it's bullshit and they should always include it with the LE...but that's the internal logic that goes down to leading to a game without one. It probably came down to "Do you want multicolored G.I or a shaker?" ...and he figured the buyer can add the shaker but not the multicolored GI. The shaker code is there, so it's easy enough on our end even though it's another $100. I think people sometimes forget Tron LE, Metallica LE, X-Men LE, TWD LE and Kiss LE didn't come with shakers. Tis the Borg way!

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

My Transformers Autobot LE came with a shaker.

Gomez game. His come with shakers.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup. Heck, if you have a 10" subwoofer hooked up to your game that can act like a shaker alone.

There's still something really fun and satisfying about a well integrated shaker. For example, when Sparky is electrocuted in Met and the shaker sorta feels like the game is being zapped. MMr when the castle is exploding or the trolls pop up. Iron Man's shaking is great - it's choreographed with every explosion, Monger hit, machine gun rattle, Whiplash whip. Spider-Man has tons of great shaker. Little bursts every time you get a combo, "hits" every time you hit a villain, "growls" when Venom growls, choreography to Sandman & Doc Ock's actions and DMD footage.

As for Aerosmith - not sure what the shaker situation is! I have to imagine it's synced to hitting the box and the Multiball ball release at the very least.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-le-no-shaker?tu=Rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.