Aerosmith LE- No shaker

By sepins

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I thought all LE's came with a shaker? Mine doesn't have one installed from factory???

#2 6 years ago

Maybe Stern stopped including them since so many cabinets are falling apart?

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

LMAO!! That's funny chit!

#4 6 years ago

FYI - Many LE's have not included a shaker - it varies from game to game. Aerosmith LE does not come with one.

#5 6 years ago

Wait...

You paid Stern $8k for their top tier game and they didn't put a freakin shaker in the game??

#6 6 years ago

Borg LE's never come with a shaker. He claims he'd rather put the budget into features since someone can add a shaker themselves, but can't add a feature if he has to cut it. On Xmen for instance, he wanted two Nightcrawler pop ups but could only do it by removing the shaker.

#7 6 years ago

It was not listed in the feature matrix from Stern so it should be no surprise that it is not in the game. Sorry.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Borg LE's never come with a shaker. He claims he'd rather put the budget into features since someone can add a shaker themselves, but can't add a feature if he has to cut it. On Xmen for instance, he wanted two Nightcrawler pop ups but could only do it by removing the shaker.

I get that, but with the price increases, I'm not really sure it's that close to make the bill of materials unless those were cut too. Maybe the art package costs more than we know, but Aerosmith isn't exactly the most packed game for the cost.

Shakers are neat, but not critical. It's fine if the designer chooses not to use one for the game. I can't really see what would be added to the game in lieu of a shaker on this one though.

#9 6 years ago

Is it still programmed for one?

#10 6 years ago

All have the shaker program

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Wait...
You paid Stern $8k for their top tier game and they didn't put a freakin shaker in the game??

OK, ok. Relax people.

Technically he paid his distributor.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Wait...

When the ultra LE Premium edition comes out it will have one ....

#13 6 years ago

This turned me off too, and was ready to say f**k it. Cheap bastards can't include a shaker in the LE. But "want" got the better of me, and my distro knocked a few bucks off. Now I have my LE with shaker.

Good news...no cab spit yet!

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I get that, but with the price increases, I'm not really sure it's that close to make the bill of materials unless those were cut too. Maybe the art package costs more than we know, but Aerosmith isn't exactly the most packed game for the cost.
Shakers are neat, but not critical. It's fine if the designer chooses not to use one for the game. I can't really see what would be added to the game in lieu of a shaker on this one though.

Jeff - don't fool yourself. The price increase has only something to do with what we've proven we're willing to pay. It ain't manufacturing. It ain't the BOM. It ain't the license.

#15 6 years ago

Just wait for the day when Stern delivers the "IKEA" edition.

You put it together.

Maybe that's what all of their QC issues have been testing?

-Can customers replace decals?
Check
-Can customers install their own playfield?
Check
-Can customers put together cabinets?
Under Investigstion

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

This turned me off too, and was ready to say f**k it. Cheap bastards can't include a shaker in the LE. But "want" got the better of me, and my distro knocked a few bucks off. Now I have my LE with shaker.
Good news...no cab split yet!

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Oh, I agree that it's bullshit and they should always include it with the LE...but that's the internal logic that goes down to leading to a game without one. It probably came down to "Do you want multicolored G.I or a shaker?" ...and he figured the buyer can add the shaker but not the multicolored GI. The shaker code is there, so it's easy enough on our end even though it's another $100. I think people sometimes forget Tron LE, Metallica LE, X-Men LE, TWD LE and Kiss LE didn't come with shakers. Tis the Borg way!

#18 6 years ago

What is best shaker to buy???

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

What is best shaker to buy???

The official Stern shaker is the best. They've really dialed that thing in and it's great.

#20 6 years ago

Buy 6 of them and they are $65 at PBL. That is a deal but I don't think I can hook all 6 up on ASLE

Anyone in Tampa wanna do a group buy???

Has anyone installed shaker in Premium or LE...Is it worth it?

#21 6 years ago

My Transformers Autobot LE came with a shaker.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Dude, you win the Internet for today. That's funny shit, I don't care who you are.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

My Transformers Autobot LE came with a shaker.

Gomez game. His come with shakers.

#24 6 years ago

Read the fine print.

Just another example of how eager
People are to buy a game.

Look for another price increase in future with more defects and cutbacks in quality

#25 6 years ago

I'm cracking open my ASLE tomorrow Sepins, think I'm gonna add one. Borg's TWD didn't have one either.

#26 6 years ago

Game of thrones Le didnt come with one either.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm cracking open my ASLE tomorrow Sepins, think I'm gonna add one. Borg's TWD didn't have one either.

Be ready to play a pin that is close to a 10 out of the box!!!

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Be ready to play a pin that is close to a 10 out of the box!!!

That is a fact! I love this game more and more every time I play it.

#29 6 years ago

Never really got into shakers that much...and certain(t)ly don't think every machine needs one.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

All have the shaker program

I went to install the Stern shaker in my Aerosmith Premium and the holes weren't there on the inside. I looked under the cab and the T-nuts were there. Had to drill the holes to mount the shaker.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from mfishell:

I went to install the Stern shaker in my Aerosmith Premium and the holes weren't there on the inside. I looked under the cab and the T-nuts were there. Had to drill the holes to mount the shaker.

Recent Spike games I've seen have had them pre-drilled in the right front of the cabinet, instead of the front left like before...

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Never really got into shakers that much...and certain(t)ly don't think every machine needs one.

Yup. Heck, if you have a 10" subwoofer hooked up to your game that can act like a shaker alone.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup. Heck, if you have a 10" subwoofer hooked up to your game that can act like a shaker alone.

There's still something really fun and satisfying about a well integrated shaker. For example, when Sparky is electrocuted in Met and the shaker sorta feels like the game is being zapped. MMr when the castle is exploding or the trolls pop up. Iron Man's shaking is great - it's choreographed with every explosion, Monger hit, machine gun rattle, Whiplash whip. Spider-Man has tons of great shaker. Little bursts every time you get a combo, "hits" every time you hit a villain, "growls" when Venom growls, choreography to Sandman & Doc Ock's actions and DMD footage.

As for Aerosmith - not sure what the shaker situation is! I have to imagine it's synced to hitting the box and the Multiball ball release at the very least.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from mfishell:

Are you happy with shaker???

When does it come on?

#35 6 years ago

I dunno. I don't understand how the shaker integrates with the theme. I don't really get why a shaker needs to be in every game. Earthshaker? makes sense. Sparky? Well ok it's got a hammer and an electric chair so I guess you can make a case those things shake. But otherwise to me the shaker can be gimmicky. Tron? no need for one. I prefer games without them honestly (despite owning an earthshaker) because it makes it a bit weird to nudge a shaking game.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Are you happy with shaker???
When does it come on?

I have a Cointaker shaker in my AS premium. I'm happy with it, it shakes when you hit the toybox when you hit a lit shot for a particular song. It shakes when you have double scoring running. When you start MB. I think it is integrated pretty well and I'm happy with it!

Phoebe

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

I have a Cointaker shaker in my AS premium. I'm happy with it, it shakes when you hit the toybox when you hit a lit shot for a particular song. It shakes when you have double scoring running. When you start MB. I think it is integrated pretty well and I'm happy with it!
Phoebe

Thanks!!!

#38 6 years ago

Be careful with the cointaker red tremor shaker. I have one in Metallica and before I modded it, the windows would rattle when it went off.

I wouldn't recommend it, but that's just my opinion.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-tame-cointakers-shaker-motor

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Be careful with the cointaker shaker. I have one in Metallica and before I modded it, the windows would rattle when it went off.
I wouldn't recommend it, but that's just my opinion.

I have a cointaker one in my Aerosmith and barely notice it and it is set to max. It doesn't go off that much and isn't over used. It's very subtle compared to other shakers in other pins I've played. Are you sure you didn't have the cointaker "red tremor shaker"? I think that one is supposed to be pretty strong. You can always buy shaker and if you don't like it just take it out and keep it for another game later. They are really easy to install and remove.

#40 6 years ago

The Red Tremor shaker is ridiculous and annoying. It's super loud, it is way too strong, and it can damage the game. Avoid it.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

I have a cointaker one in my Aerosmith and barely notice it and it is set to max. It doesn't go off that much and isn't over used. It's very subtle compared to other shakers in other pins I've played. Are you sure you didn't have the cointaker "red tremor shaker"? I think that one is supposed to be pretty strong. You can always but shaker and if you don't like it just take it out and keep it for another game later. They are really easy to install and remove.

It is the Red Tremor. We must have cross posted. I went back and edited my post to clarify which one I had. I must have done that at the same time you were posting.

#42 6 years ago

Cointaker shakers in many of my pins, including ASPremium , integrates well.

1 month later
#43 6 years ago
Quoted from mfishell:

I drilled up with small drill bit, and then had to drill down thru guide holes slowly until I hit T-nut.
Shop vac out 'cheap wood' bits. I was annoyed I had to do this.
I'm very concerned that I have one of the 'inferior cabinet's, as this seems like oversight on stern's QC.

I love the pinball life shaker mod on this machine. Much better than when it was on GOT.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-le-no-shaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.