(Topic ID: 187377)

Aerosmith is GREAT! (Unbiased review)

By Otaku

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chuckwebster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 6 years ago

I'm lucky enough to own AS, Metallica and Kiss. All great games despite what the Kiss haters say. Metallica is the most polished for sure, AS is more fun to play with very interesting rules (plays a lot more like ST than Kiss in my opinion) The art work is tremendous on AS (much better than a I thought from the pictures before i bought it) and the new display is wonderful. There's not much not to like on AS. With that said I still feel Kiss has the potential to be the best of the bunch. Earning Playfield multipliers for song completions makes it the ultimate risk/reward game. Only time will tell which is the best.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Gotta agree here. I really WANT to buy this game and even sold a couple of games to potentially fund one as well as some other things I'm looking at. I've played it a lot now at our local arcade and I'm having a hard time justifying the $5200 for it. Game just feels stripped down for the price.
I love the art, music, and flow but the rules just feel bland to me at this point as their doesn't feel like much real variation or flow to them. With that said, I still have fun every time I play it. My concerns are more around longevity in a household environment. The more I play it the more this game feels more like a feed it on route game than an own it game for me. I'm staying tuned for rules updates as it's diffidently got some major potential.
While on the subject, anyone know the value of the button on the lock bar? Seems like it's only used to abort MB or launch a ball right now.

there is a smart missile mystery award that uses the button. it's seldom awarded so as of right now its mostly a launch ball/abort multiball button.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I keep hearing about that lock shot on AS but I don't get it all. You get bounce ins which is great. And you can nail it from the left flipper. It isn't that tough of a shot and I've found rejects to be extremely rare.
I think some you may be biased!!!! This thread is for UNBIASED reviews only.

I like the lock shot- its tough to make from the left flipper and can be made on a ricochet shot from the right off the lower standups. It can also be very satisfying locking balls on the plunge skill shot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 12.75
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chuckwebster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-is-great-unbiased-review?tu=Chuckwebster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.