Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 271 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Pimp77
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1476481414299 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1476481407791 (resized).jpg
    8d19a0565d9455499eb33ba19ce5420b1f2c4071 (resized).jpg
    4345458038ba6e0f8cedb6d6ad7c677045adf99d (resized).jpg
    Ozzy-ironman (resized).jpg
    Angus (resized).png
    download (resized).jpg
    Tyler_Skittles (resized).JPG
    whoanellie02 (resized).jpg
    owl (resized).jpg
    IMG_0535.JPG
    empiredazedconfused (resized).jpg
    rhcp-pinball (resized).png
    de46357a7ae95e1c2aaac6ad8be26c3c59ccf457 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2895 (resized).PNG
    0mdXp5u (resized).jpg
    There are 271 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
    #151 7 years ago

The could just make a "Police" pin... "Ghost in the Machine" Version would work well with their inserts.

#152 7 years ago

I'm sure this game will be a real suckcess.

#153 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm sure this game will be a real suckcess.

unless the game plays really well, there will probably be a lot of these sitting around. maybe they can strip the artwork/decals and reuse the cabinets for something else.

#154 7 years ago
    Quoted from Aphex:

unless the game plays really well, there will probably be a lot of these sitting around.

If it flops that might be the best thing that can happen. Enough of these outdated failures might be enough to bring pinball back into the 21st century.

#155 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If it flops that might be the best thing that can happen. Enough of these outdated failures might be enough to bring pinball back into the 21st century.

I guess that means Pokemon Go then?

#156 7 years ago
    Quoted from highdef:

Chicago loves their Aerosmith. Too bad the home versions of Midway's Revolution X flopped. Supposedly, Public Enemy was being considered for the follow-up.
    On a side note, Stern should get the rights to BLADE now that it's in Marvel's hands. I think it would make a great pin theme.

Please no. For the sake of all that is holy, let DP or JJP have Blade.

#157 7 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Even though Gary doesn't release numbers, it's safe to say that AC/DC and Metallica sold well. KISS probably did o.k.
    I wouldn't doubt Aerosmith is next. Not a fan of the band, although I'm not big on Metallica, yet love the game.
    I doubt we've seen the last of the Dadrock bands. I would love a Grateful Dead pin, though.

It would be ridiculed by Pinside but it would also be the first NiB pin I would buy sight unseen.

#158 7 years ago
    Quoted from musketd:

So now it appears LYMAN is not doing Aerosmith; let's hope it's not Lonnie on it guess we will all find out soon enough

If Lonnie does the code, I'll buy the game in 10 years when he finally gets around to finishing it.

#159 7 years ago

As long as we can hack the Spike2 MPU, the game could be good with the proper songs, and none of that sappy power-ballad bullshit

Toys in the Attic
    Kings and Queens
    Mama Kin
    Let the Music Do the Talking
    Lightning Strikes
    Chip Away The Stone
    No More
    Sick As A Dog
    Adam's Apple
    Train Kept a Rollin'

#160 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

the game could be good with the proper songs,

Even with the proper songs, who wants to hear them more than once in a year anymore?

#161 7 years ago

Just listening to my spotify daily mix when an aerosmith song snuck in. I hit the I don't like it button and it gave me the option to make my list aerosmith free yay!

#162 7 years ago
    Quoted from TOK:

Rolling Stones now has competition for worst music pin ever.

Don't forget Elvis.

#163 7 years ago

Just like Metallica, even if you hate the current version of the band, the pin is still crazy fun to play.

#164 7 years ago
    Quoted from Arcadegarage:

Don't forget Elvis.

Elvis is awesome. The man and the pin.

#165 7 years ago

8b22a9aea80147c9de93babe4e49934bd3a80eaf71c2ca71e1d591f60c713ee9 (resized).jpg8b22a9aea80147c9de93babe4e49934bd3a80eaf71c2ca71e1d591f60c713ee9 (resized).jpg

#166 7 years ago
    Quoted from Arcadegarage:

Don't forget Elvis.

Elvis kind of nails its theme and is somewhat cheesy, but in a good way. Its already better than Rolling Stones just because it doesn't look like they had a $150 budget to build it. I can't think of another rock band that gives me the gut reaction to smash the channel button through the back of the radio at the first note like Aerosmith does.

#167 7 years ago

I heard that the Aerosmith pinball cabinet will be the worlds first handicap accessible cabinet. It will have a wheel chair lift on it, just roll up to the cabinet and raise yourself to the proper playing height. This innovation is due to Stern's partnership with AARP.

Rumor has it the topper is a kidney dialysis machine.

Also, Stern will be offering senior discounts and a special sound system for those who are hard of hearing, courtesy of technology by Miracle Ear.

This game is going to do great for operators that have pins in retirement and convalescent homes!!!

#168 7 years ago
    Quoted from TOK:

I can't think of another rock band that gives me the gut reaction to smash the channel button through the back of the radio at the first note like Aerosmith does.

Amen to that, brotha. Any time I listen to broadcast radio, which is rare because it sucks SOOOO bad, if I tune in to a 'classic rock' station (or ANY Clearchannel station) it is guaranteed That I WILL hear 1 of these 4 bands: Queen (We Are the Champions), Aerosmith (Dream On) AC/DC (For Those About To Rock), & Lynyrd Skynyrd (Freebird). My God, what dreck.

#169 7 years ago

|I think everyone needs to "walk this way " ......away.......

#170 7 years ago
    Quoted from CubeSnake:

if I tune in to a 'classic rock' station (or ANY Clearchannel station) it is guaranteed That I WILL hear 1 of these 4 bands: Queen (We Are the Champions), Aerosmith (Dream On) AC/DC (For Those About To Rock), & Lynyrd Skynyrd (Freebird). My God, what dreck.

After those 4 songs, they will ALWAYS play Welcome to the Jungle.

#171 7 years ago

Sounds like Lyman is out. Is Lonnie in? Aren't people going to grab pitchforks if he's programming Aerosmith and Kiss still isn't finished?

#172 7 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Sounds like Lyman is out. Is Lonnie in? Aren't people going to grab pitchforks if he's programming Aerosmith and Kiss still isn't finished?

How certain is it that Lyman is out?

#173 7 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Pitchforks would be out regardless..

#174 7 years ago

0mdXp5u (resized).jpg0mdXp5u (resized).jpg

#175 7 years ago

Can't wait to try out Crippletoe multiball, goal is to hit the lit purple shots to collect enough toe nails to progress towards the Disfigured Foot wizard mode.

IMG_2895 (resized).PNGIMG_2895 (resized).PNG

#176 7 years ago

Did we have this much fun when they announced Kiss? I'll bet they've still got a few of those in the warehouse keeping all the WWEs company.

#177 7 years ago

No Lyman? Lonnie instead? No way.

They must have decided to just mail this one in. But its good news for BM66, Lyman can focus all his time on that one

#178 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Did we have this much fun when they announced Kiss? I'll bet they've still got a few of those in the warehouse keeping all the WWEs company.

You're now to Aerosmith what Teekee is to MMr. Congrats, lol.

#179 7 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

You're now to Aerosmith what Teekee is to MMr. Congrats, lol.

Thanks! If my opinion can sway anybody from buying it, and it totally flops, then it was all worth while.

#180 7 years ago

No interest a yawner.

#181 7 years ago
    Quoted from PhilGreg:

Elvis is awesome. The man and the pin.

I think that depends primarily on the condition it's in (the pin, not the man). If it's well looked after, it's great. But even minor deterioration sucks a lot of fun out of the game- much more so than other pins.

#182 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Thanks! If my opinion can sway anybody from buying it, and it totally flops, then it was all worth while.

Uh, why? I understand Teekee because MMr ruined his profit. Isn't like 90% of your collection like EM's and you've only bought like one Stern? I get that you don't like the theme, but you were never going to buy it anyways no matter what the theme. It's like picketing at a store you don't even shop at because you don't like their brand of tires...yes, you may get some people to not buy that tire, but why?

#183 7 years ago

I have the Revolution X arcade in my gameroom.. and I like it!
    Great music to play the game on.... Walk this way, eat the rich, ..

#184 7 years ago
    Quoted from kpg:

I heard that the Aerosmith pinball cabinet will be the worlds first handicap accessible cabinet. It will have a wheel chair lift on it, just roll up to the cabinet and raise yourself to the proper playing height. This innovation is due to Stern's partnership with AARP.
    Rumor has it the topper is a kidney dialysis machine.
    Also, Stern will be offering senior discounts and a special sound system for those who are hard of hearing, courtesy of technology by Miracle Ear.
    This game is going to do great for operators that have pins in retirement and convalescent homes!!!

You can say the same things about AC/DC.

If the game play is sound, I'm buying one.

#185 7 years ago
    Quoted from Circus_Animal:

I think that depends primarily on the condition it's in (the pin, not the man). If it's well looked after, it's great. But even minor deterioration sucks a lot of fun out of the game- much more so than other pins.

Oh, can't argue with that... I played it on location and loved it. Of all the machines there it was the one I liked best, and they had AC-DC (I'd played it often before though), Spider-Man, and a couple of WMS from what I remember.
    I'm an Elvis fan so I guess that counts for something. I played Rolling Stones once and didn't even finish the game, crappiest game I've seen. I don't like the Stones though

#186 7 years ago

No thank you.

#187 7 years ago

I think everybody in this hobby likes to be able to get excited with new games and believe the hobby they are in is special and relevant. And I'm no different. There has been a large shift recently towards the irrelevant, and I for one would like to see it get back on track.

And your trying to size up what I do and don't like and what I would buy and wouldn't buy is also highly irrelevant.

#188 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I think everybody in this hobby likes to be able to get excited with new games and believe the hobby they are in is special and relevant. And I'm no different. There has been a large shift recently towards the irrelevant, and I for one would like to see it get back on track.
    And your trying to size up what I do and don't like and what I would buy and wouldn't buy is also highly irrelevant.

Alright fair enough, and we've heard you. Maybe you've stated this somewhere already, but which band from today would you consider a relevant enough theme which deserves to be on a pinball game? Maybe you don't think any band should be on a pin? I think it's obvious that Stern will keep riding the musical themed wave for all it's worth, so what would you like to see? Not trying to piss you off, just curious.

FWIW, I personally find quite a few of Stern's recent offerings to be irrelevant to me, but I don't think getting in a froth about it is worth it. I can surely wait for the next theme that checks all the boxes for me, but until then I'll just keep an eye out for the classics. At least Stern and others are still producing games in 2016, which can't be a terrible thing

#189 7 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

which band from today would you consider a relevant enough theme which deserves to be on a pinball game?

Well lets not use the Justin Bieber argument. There are plenty of bands that have been active in the last 20 years. Say a band like Muse. From alternative to hip hop and rap, there are plenty to choose from. Point is GNR is the most current band to get their own machine and it came out while the band was still fairly new and relevant.

#190 7 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

but which band from today would you consider a relevant enough theme which deserves to be on a pinball game?

Phish!

They have been around for decades, just released a new album, fall tour starts this week, they are still going strong, and also have a rabid fanbase.

Toss on that the art is already awesome with artists like www.davidwelker.com

#191 7 years ago
    Quoted from kpg:

Can't wait to try out Crippletoe multiball, goal is to hit the lit purple shots to collect enough toe nails to progress towards the Disfigured Foot wizard mode.

WTF? so many things wrong here, the sandals take top spot as there are disgusting but also allow a view of the trainwreck that are those toes, what kind of man paints his toe nails? I never liked Aerosmith and I always will.

#192 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

There are plenty of bands that have been active in the last 20 years. Say a band like Muse. From alternative to hip hop and rap, there are plenty to choose from.

Megadeth
    Slayer
    Motorhead
    I for one would love to see a Black Sabbath pin and no offense Odin but Muse sucks.

Zero the Hero Wizard mode

#193 7 years ago

"This pin will flop because Steve Tyler is old"

Meanwhile, a few threads over, people can't stop talking about an 83 year old woman.

#194 7 years ago

Yup bring on Motorhead! RIP Lemmy, Bomber Multiball!!

#195 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Zero the Hero Wizard mode

Don't forget a Mob Rules multiball

#196 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

WTF? so many things wrong here, the sandals take top spot as there are disgusting but also allow a view of the trainwreck that are those toes, what kind of man paints his toe nails? I never liked Aerosmith and I always will.

Seriously man. It's like he stepped on a landmine and then painted the shrapnel with toenail polish.

#197 7 years ago

How about a real band still going

#198 7 years ago

Stern just leaked some playfield art of the Aerosmith pinball machine, Donnie really killed it here!

de46357a7ae95e1c2aaac6ad8be26c3c59ccf457 (resized).jpgde46357a7ae95e1c2aaac6ad8be26c3c59ccf457 (resized).jpg

#199 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

How about a real band still going with maybe the best lead singer ever to grace a stage and who is also considered a Metal God.

I remember seeing a thread about what the next Stern pin should be / what your dream theme is etc. There were a lot of really good ideas from Pinsiders but I do not recall Aerosmith being mentioned at all. Why doesn't Stern actually lurk on Pinside to gauge interest on a theme before giving us cripple toes?

I agree with Hazoff, Judas Priest or Iron Maiden would have been a better choice.

#200 7 years ago

i have long been of the opinion that the three worst bands in existence are KISS, Aerosmith, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. so apparently if you want to know what the next Stern music pin after Aerosmith is gonna be ...

rhcp-pinball (resized).pngrhcp-pinball (resized).png

There are 271 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-is-coming-with-dirty-donny-art/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.