Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 271 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Pimp77
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1476481414299 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1476481407791 (resized).jpg
    8d19a0565d9455499eb33ba19ce5420b1f2c4071 (resized).jpg
    4345458038ba6e0f8cedb6d6ad7c677045adf99d (resized).jpg
    Ozzy-ironman (resized).jpg
    Angus (resized).png
    download (resized).jpg
    Tyler_Skittles (resized).JPG
    whoanellie02 (resized).jpg
    owl (resized).jpg
    IMG_0535.JPG
    empiredazedconfused (resized).jpg
    rhcp-pinball (resized).png
    de46357a7ae95e1c2aaac6ad8be26c3c59ccf457 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2895 (resized).PNG
    0mdXp5u (resized).jpg
    There are 271 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
    #101 7 years ago

I would venture to say that this is as appealing to me as an itchy rash, very itchy.

#102 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballpal:

Dam if this is true looks like no lyman on star wars shoot .

Star Wars - Ritchie / Dwight

#103 7 years ago
    Quoted from Collin:

Wow, a lot of thumbs down for early info. Some people would rather get upset with the truth than accept it. Haha!

I didn't shoot the messenger, just the message. Some of these chosen pinball themes of late are a real joke. Just shows the state of the industry at this time. Outlived and outdated.

#104 7 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

It's not worth getting upset over some thumbs downs on a pinball forum. People probably thought you were trolling and if you posted what you did above about CC it probably would have gone over better. I gave you a thumbs up to lighten up the mood.

I don't really mind the thumbs down, I just find it hilarious that people are so upset about the theme that they'll react negatively to someone bringing them info.

For as much as we all claim to hate Stern build quality and themes, it's amazing they're still in business

#105 7 years ago

Don't take it personally. I think a lot of the thumbs-down clicks were from people simply disagreeing with your predicted date, since Stern has said that their next pin will be announced in January.

#106 7 years ago
    Quoted from Collin:

For as much as we all claim to hate Stern build quality and themes, it's amazing they're still in business

Yes, it truly is.

#107 7 years ago
    Quoted from Collin:

it's amazing they're still in business

For every person that doesn't buy into these old rock band pins there are two or three more that can't wait to spend 10k on a Styx LE.

#108 7 years ago
    Quoted from Collin:

I don't really mind the thumbs down, I just find it hilarious that people are so upset about the theme that they'll react negatively to someone bringing them info.

You are taking it way too personally. A simple thumbs down in this case can mean a lot of things, but based on what many (including myself) are saying in this thread, it's quite likely that most of the thumbs down are due to the fact that we don't care for Aerosmith as a theme.

It's not as bad as WWE, but other than that one title, you would have to go back quite a few years to find a theme worse than this one for me personally.

#109 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

For every person that doesn't buy into these old rock band pins there are two or three more that can't wait to spend 10k on a Styx LE.

LOL... I'd buy that before Aerosmith.

And then use the mod program to swap out for Cartman's version of Come Sail Away.

#110 7 years ago

I'm not a huge Aerosmith fan either but there are a lot of factors that go into co-branding. Co-branding is a great strategy and you look for brands that your primary market segment identify with and brands that you can afford to bring in. The marketing arrangement has to help both brands. The Stones, KISS, AD/DC, Metallica and Aerosmith are all big brand, household names that still generate money with their brands, merchandise and fill mid-to large arenas. How many bands have their own rollercoaster at Disney World?

I haven't seen the market analysis for pinball but the primary market segment for pinball machines is likely older dudes that can afford to buy them. They're obviously selling because they keep making new rock pins. As long as it plays well and the art doesn't completely suck I'd be interested. The only showstopper for me is the hillbilly WWE theme. Just can't do that one. but I understand there is a huge market for that type of entertainment.

#111 7 years ago

If it's fun to play, that's all that matters to me. I'd rock a Barry Manilow pin with Dirty Donny art. Copa Cabana multiball. Hells yes!

#112 7 years ago

There are lots of ways this could be terrible. Definitely a theme that I find a turnoff. But you know what? With Borg/Lyman/Donnie it could also be great. Theme's already locked in, no amount of bitching will make it not happen, so why not just chill until you see the game?

Metallica is one of Stern's best games in my opinion, so as much as I find Aerosmith dull and uninspired you can't argue with the team's results.

#113 7 years ago

Even though I'm not a huge ACDC fan, that was a great choice, so was metallica, but their music is timeless compared to Kiss and Aerooldfart. I see themes like the new Alien, Walking Dead, Star Trek, Ghostbusters(with the new movie re-release) as great choices - current pop culture that old AND a younger generation can enjoy. Stern's going to bury themselves if they don't choose their themes correctly. I'm sure they lost their shirt on WWE, and to some extend KISS, especially the LE. The market seems so limited for Aerooldfart - basically a small segment of people aged 45-60 years old. It's going to be an epic fail. If I had money to burn right now, I certainly would be looking at a different manufacturer. I don't know who makes these awful theme decisions unless the band is injecting some serious funds into making this game, which I bet is indeed happening. It doesn't make sense otherwise.

#114 7 years ago

The aerosmith ride in hollywood studios at disney is pretty nice, but im not buying an aerosmith pin..no way, and i grew up on their early (good) stuff.

Im still waiting on a Matrix pin.

#115 7 years ago

I love Dirty Donnys artwork but not enough to buy this pin. Holding out for Iron Maiden

#116 7 years ago
    Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Looking forward to it. Mostly cause Borg/Lyman/Donny, to be sure

That's why its on my radar.

I'm not buying Star Wars because its not Lyman. I love my GBLE but it could be so much more if they would finish it TWD style. Sorry Dwight.

Too much great stuff to choose from, a HUO pin has to have GREAT and DEEP code for me now and that means Lyman and Keith/Ted and we'll see about Alien.

I'd rather take an ass whipping than see an ABBA or Backstreet pin!

#117 7 years ago

I'd love a Dirty Donny shirt but the're all black. Hate black tshirts.

#118 7 years ago

Why not finish coding kiss before releasing another shitty old band no one cares about anymore.

#119 7 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Why not finish coding kiss before releasing another shitty old band no one cares about anymore.

Because Kiss isn't Lyman? Lyman will at least kick ass on code.

It's F ing aggravating.

#120 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Now it's
    Release music pin from 40 years ago (Kiss)
    Release movie pin from 30 years ago (GB)
    Release TV show pin from 50 years ago (BM66)
    So good luck getting that modern music pin.

I'm sure all of you have thought of this, sorry if the obvious has been stated in this thread, but Stern have targeted baby boomer themes to a great extent based on who has discresinary money to spend on $10,000 (and up for Batman66! ) Sorry for the run on sentence.
    toys!

#121 7 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

There are lots of ways this could be terrible. Definitely a theme that I find a turnoff. But you know what? With Borg/Lyman/Donnie it could also be great. Theme's already locked in, no amount of bitching will make it not happen, so why not just chill until you see the game?

This is Pinside, and we can (and most certainly WILL) bitch all we want before we even see a single picture of the pin.

Why? Because there isn't much to talk about other than the theme and the fact that it appears that Borg, Lyman and DD are the team working on this.

As much as I dislike the theme, I am not going to rule this one out because Lyman is my favorite programmer by far. But regardless of how great the ruleset is, and how good the layout that Borg comes up with is, the pin could have been better if it was attached to a better theme.

#122 7 years ago

Better Aerosmith than Star Wars!

start an argument (resized).jpgstart an argument (resized).jpg

#123 7 years ago

Does everyone own all the games on their dream list and only have to worry now about getting the latest cookie cutter from Stern?

Just curious. There are lots of older games I'd rather own than a new Stern regardless of the theme. They are all very similar. Maybe Batman66 will be different, but I really doubt it.

#124 7 years ago

The "Stand Up Paddle Board" mode.

300-StevenTyler-111611_194557 (resized).jpg300-StevenTyler-111611_194557 (resized).jpg

#125 7 years ago

This has all the appeal of Rolling Stones VE with ghosting insert issues.

#126 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

You are taking it way too personally.

Uhh, didn't he just say he didn't care?

#127 7 years ago
    Quoted from Euchrid:

Uhh, didn't he just say he didn't care?

Yes. That's what he said.

Your point?

#128 7 years ago
    Quoted from Apollyon:

Star Wars - Ritchie / Dwight

Great another fuckin wood chopping game unless Dwight wakes up.

#129 7 years ago

I'm not really surprised by all the hate here, Metallica was the same way. Aerosmith is almost a mirror image of Metallica's career popularity, they both put out some great albums and had a good following, but after they had a big mainstream album it became cool to hate both of them for it. For some reason in the music industry, it seems like becoming popular generates large amounts of negativity.

Considering Metallica was a top 10 game made by the same team, has less mainstream music, and was completely ridiculed before being revealed, I would think Aerosmith would have a pretty good chance of being decent. My biggest concern would be that I don't think Dirty Donny art necessarily goes with Aerosmith, in fact I think that's probably going to be the downfall if anything, not the music.

#130 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

But regardless of how great the ruleset is, and how good the layout that Borg comes up with is, the pin could have been better if it was attached to a better theme.

Can't argue with that. I get the need for licenses, they sell. But there's an entire world out there, millions of options. Why settle for such a boring, tired, over-exposed band? They've had two video games made about them, and one was on the Wii, that's the definition of overdone. If I was in highschool still I'd probably call them sellouts.

And I'm mad about it because I'm a customer for a Borg/Lyman/Donnie game, Metallica is the only LE I own (I have an ACDC Premium too, not a Stern band pin hater obviously), I want to see what the team does this time. But Aerosmith ... I don't want to listen to that, or even see their logo in my garage. It's worse than dull, it's straight up unappealing. And if it's packed full of songs like Love in an Elevator ... I just can't take listening to that repeatedly when I'm playing.

Music pins seem like they always polarize, music is so personal, I'm ready for companies to stop making them. Iron Maiden is a rumor again, but Pinside won't be mad about that! Not a game for Donnie's art though IMHO.

#131 7 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

My biggest concern would be that I don't think Dirty Donny art necessarily goes with Aerosmith, in fact I think that's probably going to be the downfall if anything, not the music.

From what I've heard it looks like his current work, so just look at his recent stuff, or even the Pabst pin, and you'll probably get the idea. Maybe it will only be old music to go with the oldschool art style. That would help some if they lost all the pop hits.

#132 7 years ago

Yea I could see it being good, dont care for the band really but it could be like metallica that way that its fun to play but the theme is meh. Time will tell!

#133 7 years ago

I heard today that the art is awesome on it. Personally I find it a waste of dd talents.

Oh well. Plenty of other games to enjoy

#134 7 years ago

I hate to admit it, but I think the hate-on is a bit preemptive. Like, I don't want to be the one having to defend AEROSMITH, but if the table was bottom-heavy on the first half of their catalog, didn't have photoshop of their current look, and celebrated their history, I think it has a real chance of being pretty great.
    I am NOT an Aerosmith fan, but I still grew up with them in the 80s and can't help enjoying some of their classics.

And then toss in Borg, Lyman, DD, and it might just be another Metallica.

#135 7 years ago

Also, if they redid the theme as a Golden Girls limited edition, I am sure they could sell as many as they are of Batman 66...

#136 7 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

I hate to admit it, but I think the hate-on is a bit preemptive. Like, I don't want to be the one having to defend AEROSMITH, but if the table was bottom-heavy on the first half of their catalog, didn't have photoshop of their current look, and celebrated their history, I think it has a real chance of being pretty great.
    I am NOT an Aerosmith fan, but I still grew up with them in the 80s and can't help enjoying some of their classics.

Borg, Lyman, DD are huge pluses for me but I REALLY can't get past the band. If it turned out to be a killer pin, and you can pinball browser off all of aerosmith maybe.

#137 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

You are taking it way too personally. A simple thumbs down in this case can mean a lot of things, but based on what many (including myself) are saying in this thread, it's quite likely that most of the thumbs down are due to the fact that we don't care for Aerosmith as a theme.
    It's not as bad as WWE, but other than that one title, you would have to go back quite a few years to find a theme worse than this one for me personally.

Irony, the butthurt dude downvotes you based on your opinion lol.

#138 7 years ago
    Quoted from konjurer:

I'm not a huge Aerosmith fan either but there are a lot of factors that go into co-branding. Co-branding is a great strategy and you look for brands that your primary market segment identify with and brands that you can afford to bring in. The marketing arrangement has to help both brands. The Stones, KISS, AD/DC, Metallica and Aerosmith are all big brand, household names that still generate money with their brands, merchandise and fill mid-to large arenas. How many bands have their own rollercoaster at Disney World?
    I haven't seen the market analysis for pinball but the primary market segment for pinball machines is likely older dudes that can afford to buy them. They're obviously selling because they keep making new rock pins. As long as it plays well and the art doesn't completely suck I'd be interested. The only showstopper for me is the hillbilly WWE theme. Just can't do that one. but I understand there is a huge market for that type of entertainment.

Hey Captain Obvious! J/K

#139 7 years ago

Aerosmith probably has the strangest history of album sales of any rock band. They started off between 1973 to 1977 doing very well. Then they went through a dark period (drug problems) from 1978 to 1986 during which their album sales were poor by their standards. Then they had a re-birth from 1987 to 1993 where they had huge sales numbers. Then they faded quickly from album by album.

If you look at the music they recorded from 1973 to 1977 and from 1987 to 1993 they have a lot of music that gets regular play on classic rock stations to this day.

I choose to judge them based on their best music rather than what they have done the last 10 years.

#140 7 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

You nailed it! I'm sure Stern are aware of what pinheads want and what Aerosmith fans want. This is why they're putting the big guns on this project. Some great rock songs (no soppy ballads) and this should he a fun pin. I'm not going to lose it over the theme just yet. The band isn't a favourite of mine, but there seemed to be a lot of people hating on Metallica until they actually saw and played it.

Good point on being bottom heavy on the first half of their catalog. Stern didn't include "I Was Made For Loving You" in KISS, so I'm guessing they will do a similar thing with Aerosmith.

At the end of the day, there are that many great machines coming out, it will just make it an easier decision to pass on it if you don't like the theme.

#141 7 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

What if they sent me the pinball I paid for in March....

Spider-Man VE?

#142 7 years ago

Aerosmith is the best selling American rock band of all-time.

If it's a fun game, it'll sell.

#143 7 years ago
    Quoted from clg:

Borg, Lyman, DD are huge pluses for me but I REALLY can't get past the band. If it turned out to be a killer pin, and you can pinball browser off all of aerosmith maybe.

Right now, I've got Springsteen, Skynyrd, Pat Benatar, Queen, Boston, The Cars, The Stones and my favorite Ac/dc songs in my premium.

I'd do the same thing with Aerosmith. Already know the art will be great, Borg is my favorite designer and Lyman is the real king!

#144 7 years ago
    Quoted from clg:

Me too. It might be a great player but I'd rather put my genitalia in the hands of a madman with a meat tenderiser than listen to Aerosmith.
    Dude looks like a lady ? Fuck off.

#145 7 years ago

Gross man...really... ugh.

#146 7 years ago

Possible translite
    IMG_3128 (resized).JPGIMG_3128 (resized).JPG

#147 7 years ago

Next up after Aerosmith a New version of GNR!!

I would be interested!

#148 7 years ago

So now it appears LYMAN is not doing Aerosmith; let's hope it's not Lonnie on it guess we will all find out soon enough

#149 7 years ago

An Aeroshit pin? Please let's pray this is just a rumor...

#150 7 years ago
    Quoted from musketd:

let's hope it's not Lonnie

I hope it is Lonnie, save Lyman for a theme that I actually like.

There are 271 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-is-coming-with-dirty-donny-art/page/3?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.