IMG_3079 (resized).JPG
IMG_3078 (resized).JPG
4_G (resized).jpg
IMG_3175 (resized).JPG
IMG_3177 (resized).JPG
IMG_3176 (resized).JPG
IMG_2660 (resized).PNG
IMG_2652 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Good to hear
So far I see 13 votes for good PF's & 2 votes for bad.
Since the two who voted "bad PF" did not upload a pic I'm assuming they are trolls or shills.
I'm aware of the demo game having a ghosted insert but none others so far. Rumor was IIRC the demo game PF was not in the main production PF run but that is 100% pinsider speculation.
I'm trying to be smart & not introduce a unnecessary problem into my life but I also want to have fun with a NIB pinball n shit.
I am likely to order Aerosmith this week & hope for the best if no legit pics surface of games on route or in the hands of owners that have issues.

We have had our ASLE for 2 months. It is the best looking Stern we have ever purchased. PF and cabinet look beautiful. The cabinet issues have been around since 2014. The first thing we did before we played the machine is inspect the cabinet corners (tops). You can see if the corners are not glued properly straight away. You can push on the corner and the edge moves with the decal holding it all together. We found the centre rib not glued in and the left hand side front top not glued. We applied a small amount of glue and cabinet is solid and our decals are perfect. Having said all that we are fussy. The cabinet corner that we glued is underneath the lock bar and is so small most people will never notice it.

We fitted cliffys to the shooter lane before we plunged a ball. On AS you cannot adjust the trough eject power so we put them on first. We have around 600 games on the machine and PF is perfect. No ghosting anywhere. Beautiful machine and the game grows on you the more you play it.

Great choice!

#20 6 years ago

I can smell BS everywhere on Pinside at the moment. Who ever has clicked they have ghosted inserts on AS, post photos in this thread with a piece of paper in the photo with your name and date on it. Lets see how many responses we get. AS has ghosting on the prototype. SW is the same. one photo that keeps going around and around. AFMr same photo that keeps going around and around. DI has a few photos going around. It is all BS. There is nothing wrong with these machines.

People are listening to a few whiners and complainers and not getting to enjoy our much loved pastime of pinball.

Happy Flipping I say! I am not letting a few cranky old pricks that want their old pieces of junk to be worth more money affect me. One good thing is that I am slowly "ignore user" all the complainers. I must say, there are not many.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm sprinkling this here & there today on Pinside
This is why I'm keeping my money. Or diverting it towards rolexs, coke, guns & hoes.
Just kidding. I'm a dad & shit. I will just keep the money until the issues blow over. Stern Pinball & I will be lovers again
Not right now tho.
Dat AFMr tho...

Exactly like I said. Please post the same photos with your name on a piece of piece of paper with todays date on it. My GBLE playfield was worse than that but it has been replaced. I still smell plenty of BS. You asked for AS ghosting. Why are you posting GB photos? These photos could be from anywhere on the internet.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Don't try to confuse Stern's issues on playfields with the hobby. Our much loved pastime of pinball is larger than this. It's nice that you want to stick up for them, but this is really their own doing. The costs of needing to replace playfields was caused by Stern, and it is their problem.

AS had really good playfields. The best we had seen in a while. But it is 100% impossible to know how many playfields were in the original run. There is no public information to know if the next AS that comes off the line has one of those playfields, or one made elsewhere. A distributor will say they have not heard of any issues, but again, you can't actually know that. The only way to know is to spend a lot of money and see what happens. I've had one playfield replaced (GOT). The one on my AC/DC Vault is pretty substandard.

Then you can add me to your "ignore user" list. If my AC/DC VE had come in with a quality playfield like I had seen on AS, I'd be shouting loudly that they had fixed their issues. My above post would have been "Hell yeah, buy". But they are still messing around playfields. And that's the real problem.

Dave, I will not be adding you to my "ignore list" You are a NIB buyer. Be as vocal as you like. I stick up for all manufacturers and everything pinball. I love this hobby (sickness) and genuinely wish for it to be around for a long time. I am in manufacturing. To fix an issue, first you need to deal with fact. From 4000 sales we average 99 quality complaints. Of the 99 quality complaints that we receive less than 1 are genuine. I am the one that has to sort out what is true and what is not. If I can see an issue, I will do whatever it takes to resolve it. How do I make the time to look after the one genuine one, when I have 99 BS ones that constantly harass me for free shit? Of all the complaints that I have let go to court, I have had a decision in my company s favour every time. I feel the same thing is happening to Stern. There are too many BS photos and claims. Lets get the real ones out there and see if they have been resolved or not.

Thanks

Con

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I don't have a photo to support it, but one of the SW Pros we played at the Launch Party here had some serious ghosting already on one of the large "hot dog" inserts....no BS. Believe what you want, but Stern has an issue with this, and they are playing a game of CYA to save their bottom line instead of fixing the production issues they have.
Bad part is I liked the way it played, and I'm still thinking hard on getting a SW Premium early next year, however I'm not putting over $7500 in a machine if I'm having serious second thoughts about quality a manufacturer who is doing CYA instead of taking ownership of the issue...

I am not saying that Stern has no issues. What I am saying is that the few issues Stern have are being blown well out of proportions. The CYA from Stern is not aimed at you and I. It is aimed at the person who buys that second hand machine from us, plays the hell out of it and then demands a new playfield from Stern due to quality issues so they can sell their machine for more than they paid for it. Some NIB buyers want to do the same thing.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

That is not what their statement says
That is what you want to believe
I too want to believe it. We are on the same team for sure.
Unfortunately I don't have to look far to see folks w/bad PF's that Stern refuses to replace.
I want to close my eyes & just buy a damn Aerosmith but if the PF is from a different run & I have issues I'm F'd.

Our ASLE is beautiful. AFMr is a freaking awesome choice as well. We have decided that until any manufacturer stops looking after us we will continue to buy from all if we like the pinny. Our run of buying NIB is coming to an end so now that we have the chance I want to buy what we like. I do not want to base any of our buying decisions on BS and fiction. There are some ghosting and chipping photos on a AFMr on a pinside thread as well. Same BS. one or two protypes that have some ghosting and chipping. It is no big deal. We are in the states this Oct on holidays. When we get to middle finger (play one) a AFMr if we like it, when we get home to Aus we will order one. I refuse to do my head in over this shit.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

The sad state of affairs is that Stern feels the need to CYA. JJP and Spooky seem able to make games today that don't ghost and chip. Stern made games before 2015 that didn't chip and ghost nearly at the rates their post 2015 games do.
Something changed in their process that is causing this. Stern chose to resolve the situation by claiming delaminating and chipping is normal.

Dude! JJP are having the same sort of issues. At the moment they can handle them as they do not sell as many machines as Stern. I think all the manufacturers will follow suit with similar wording. It is the same BS. One photo going round and round. You would have to be crazy to believe all this crap.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I actually do believe it's being blown out of proportion. Sure there are some ghosting here and there but stern makes aND sells many many games and I bet you it's a small percentage and nothing like when GB released. Look how Cabinet gate got blown out of proportion. It appeared that EVERYONE'S cabinets were falling apart. I called BS and everyone of the Stern haters hated me for my opinion and now what do you hear about the "sterns new cabinets"...........crickets dude! Blown out of proportion just like I said!
I'm certainly not going to try to talk you into buying the AS that you want so bad but I'll say this, there have been virtually ZERO quality complaints on AS and if you decide to pass I believe you're missing out on one of Stern's greatest pins ever. I absolutely love my AS Pro!

well said!

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ty...and just to clarify, if I got a new game and it had ghosting I'd be unhappy and I'd want a new playfield for sure. I'm certainly not down playing it and saying it's not a big deal or anything like that at all. I do however think Stern would replace a badly ghosted playfield though. It just sometimes takes them too long and i can see why people get irritated sometimes. I would not be afraid to buy a new game right now though personally.

My wife and myself feel the same. If we bought a new machine (from any manufacturer) that had ghosting, excessive chipping or any other defect, we would expect this to be rectified.

We wanted to get AFMr but I could not wait all year to get it so we bought ASLE (same price as AFMr SE in Australia). The thinking was to sell ASLE and then get AFMr when available. We have put over 500 games on ASLE and the more you play it, the more you want to play it. It is not going anywhere anytime soon. Fantastic game and we love it!

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballAlley:

I think that the disclaimer was about legalese in reference to overseas laws. I do think the way it was done was unfortunate. I did, as well as other dealer, raise some concern. Stern did respond that nothing had changed and that they were going to stand behind their pinballs as they always have. Stern has always been great with me. I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt until they give a reason to second guess them. I also believe that this really is a limited issue. We warranty our new pinballs for a full year. We cover these issues. I covered these exact issues in "Stern new policy-GHOSTING IS NORMAL....OR IS IT?" The post were numbers 365,368,404 and 406. If your dealer stands behind what they sell then these are much smaller issues. I know that many dealers out there are awesome.
The issue I have here is that this post is so unfair to Stern. Does anyone here really believe that 23 units have major problems? This site says that 168 pinsiders own the game. At the same time it is ranked at number 14. All the AS pinballs we have been in contact with have been perfect. In many ways the best yet. One of the things I did mention in the other post is that it is our policy to open and inspect all the games we sell. We do honor NIB request but try to talk folks out of it. If a buyer does a little homework, then it really is easy. Your dealer is responsible in providing you with a positive pinball experience regardless of manufacturer. That is our job. It is important to me that all pinball customers are happy. This is an awesome hobby. I know many dealers out there and they feel the same way.
-J

Good on you for expressing how you feel and posting fact. I feel the same. I keep asking for people to post a piece of paper with their name and the date on it next to the complaints for AS. As I said previously I smell BS and lots of it. My wife and I support everything pinball and we have never been let down. This hobby is sensational and most of the people in this hobby are fantastic.

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

My Aerosmith arrives tomorrow
Fingers crossed

Please let us know how everything turns out!

It is an awesome game.

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

No game yet. There's still 2 hours of my delivery window remaining (2-6 CST) tho.
According to tracking info I'm stop #10 so odds are I'm the last delivery of the day.
The suspense is killing me.

Have you got it yet? Have you got it yet! Post some photos!

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Its here.
Power supply is super loud. Shit. Too loud to stay on in my theater. I need to hear someone elses game to see/hear if thats normal. If it is normal its shitty.
No ghosting but they did clear over a small debris/particle which sucks but I can live with it. PF looks "ribbed" too. I didnt look too closely with a critical eye & I might not ever since life is short (but I dont want a pile of shit for a game either). My TSPP PF has a similar ribbed appearance but its not as pronounced.
It does have some weird splitting or separating between the plys of the cabinet plywood. Not the cabinet joints but the actual sheet of plywood. Its only a few inches, might be a non issue, will investigate more tomorrow.
Tonight I need to eat some grub (todays wait took a lot out of me ha ha) & play the shit out of it. Looks like I have a half dozen Golden Tee wager invites that will be ignored for a few days lol.

Woo Hoo! Woo Hoo!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-ghosting?tu=pinballaddicted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.