Topic poll

“Does your Aerosmith have PF issues?”

• Yes, my inserts are ghosting &/or clearcoat is falling off 32 votes
    27%
  • No, my PF is free of all ghosting/clearcoat issues 87 votes
    73%

(119 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 62 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg
20170809_181320 (resized).jpg
20170809_184001 (resized).jpg
20170809_173443 (resized).jpg
IMG_2404 (resized).JPG
IMG_2402 (resized).JPG
IMG_2406 (resized).JPG
IMG_2938 (resized).JPG
IMG_3079 (resized).JPG
IMG_3078 (resized).JPG
4_G (resized).jpg
IMG_3175 (resized).JPG
IMG_3177 (resized).JPG
IMG_3176 (resized).JPG
IMG_2660 (resized).PNG
IMG_2652 (resized).JPG

There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

The game is F'n beautiful. So pretty I might sleep next to it tonight.

Way ahead of you!

image (resized).jpeg

#202 1 year ago
Quoted from merccat:

I too have a dust spec in my clear...I figure edventually an airball with knock the snot out of it and put a dimple in its place.
Yeah, I hear ya on the fan...I thought WOZ was loud but Spike is easily double the fan noise when that thing spins up.
But my games are basically only on when being played and you never notice it then so it's tolerable considering.

We need more videos as I am also going to change my fans as they are crazy noisy. Rob Zombie was the same.

It must only cost a buck or two extra to put the quiet ones in but I guess it's all about reducing BOM so every part is examined.

#203 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

We need more videos as I am also going to change my fans as they are crazy noisy. Rob Zombie was the same.
It must only cost a buck or two extra to put the quiet ones in but I guess it's all about reducing BOM so every part is examined.

They have to use whatever was in the prototypes when they went through UL for testing and approval.

#204 1 year ago

Fans don't bother me one iota. It's not constant

Congrats Curly, if they can make your OCD ass happy then it's a winner for sure!

She is def one gorgeous pin. I might leave my wife for her

#205 1 year ago

I've seen your wife and I'd leave her for a crusty old Shaq Attack! LOL

So I have a BoP, ST:TNG, Indy500, ST Data east, Monster Bash, NBA Fastbreak, theatre of magic, WPT, GB, TWD, B66

GB is the only game ghosting. It is not normal and I believe that since GOT something changed in how they do the builds and anyone who bought a game in the last 18 months is sitting on a timebomb. Its not a question of if, its a question of when. Note though, I am sure Stern will look after us all, i just want them to fix it so they have more $$$ to hire coders, designers, builders and then we get lots more pins.

#206 1 year ago

I got mine yesterday as well and it really is stunning how beautiful this machine is. No ghosting, cabinet is solid, and it's a little more difficult than I anticipated (that's good). I played until my forearms cramped up last night, really fun game.

#207 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Fans don't bother me one iota. It's not constant
Congrats Curly, if they can make your OCD ass happy then it's a winner for sure!
She is def one gorgeous pin. I might leave my wife for her

You had better hope your wife never reads pinside or your rich ass is Gonna be Sleeping in the pool house till the divorce papers are finished.

#208 1 year ago

How are you liking your new AS PW? Give us a full report! Have you got to Medley tour multiball yet or love in a elevator multiball?

#209 1 year ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You had better hope your wife never reads pinside or your rich ass is Gonna be Sleeping in the pool house till the divorce papers are finished.

F her.

She will never read this! That biatch!

#210 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

F her.
She will never read this! That biatch!

I'm gonna tell. She does sometimes answer your cell phone

#211 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How are you liking your new AS PW? Give us a full report! Have you got to Medley tour multiball yet or love in a elevator multiball?

I think the factory workers must have made every ramp & orbit too narrow & every target too stiff because I seem to miss every shot! No elevator or medley has been reached after 60+ games.

Jokes aside this game changes while I play it. One moment I'm sure its a modern game due to the sound, lighting & LCD. The next minute I'm sure its a classic 1970's game due to the art & theme. I mean that in a very positive manner.

I really like it.

But WTF do the coins do?

Will I ever use the smart button? Other than to sandbag MB?

Is there a way to light CIU back to back to offset the lack of progression (like Otto on TSPP resetting the timer)?

#212 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

Not yet really. This needs some work!

#213 1 year ago

Hi All,
The more I look at this game the more I like it. I see it in my showroom up against the other "new" pinballs and the AS has really got that quality that is going to make it a top pinball. It seems like it was rolled out quickly in between Batman66 and Star Wars . Almost lost in the shuffle. If that ever results in low production numbers then I am going to set a couple aside. This could be the sleeper pinball of the era. We have handled a few of these so far (plus a pro and an LE in the showroom) and have had no QC issues. I am glad to see PW79 loves his Pinball. I am just waiting for a new thread complaining about the decline and narrowing of ramps and orbits and defective targets.

-Jerry

#214 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballAlley:

Hi All,
The more I look at this game the more I like it. I see it in my showroom up against the other "new" pinballs and the AS has really got that quality that is going to make it a top pinball. It seems like it was rolled out quickly in between Batman66 and Star Wars . Almost lost in the shuffle. If that ever results in low production numbers then I am going to set a couple aside. This could be the sleeper pinball of the era. We have handled a few of these so far (plus a pro and an LE in the showroom) and have had no QC issues. I am glad to see PW79 loves his Pinball. I am just waiting for a new thread complaining about the decline and narrowing of ramps and orbits and defective targets.
-Jerry

I agree Jerry, this game is super sweet.......it's a major sleeper for sure. I bet there are many people who aren't even willing to give it a look because it's a music pin or maybe they aren't big into AS etc. I do know what PW is talking about though on the ramps and orbits. My left orbit and my right ramp are too small. Those workers putting these together should have caught that dammit!! It really is a awesome game though and it's never leaving my collection ever.

#215 1 year ago

#216 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

I think the factory workers must have made every ramp & orbit too narrow & every target too stiff because I seem to miss every shot! No elevator or medley has been reached after 60+ games.
Jokes aside this game changes while I play it. One moment I'm sure its a modern game due to the sound, lighting & LCD. The next minute I'm sure its a classic 1970's game due to the art & theme. I mean that in a very positive manner.
I really like it.
But WTF do the coins do?
Is there a way to light CIU back to back to offset the lack of progression (like Otto on TSPP resetting the timer)?

You are at game 60, right now is about where your addiction starts I'd say. This game really does have it all and is the complete package pretty much. Ok, I don't know what the coins do truthfully so I have no answers for you there. I have had 1 smart missile is 430 games and I didn't have a damn clue what to do with it or how to activate it so I'm lost on that as well......hopefully they will be implemented in future code updates. I am tired and probably not thinking clearly but I'm not sure what you mean by lighting CIU to stop the lack of progression....sorry?

I'm glad you are enjoying your game though. Did you get a pro or premium model? I have a Pro myself.

#217 1 year ago

Those orbits are frustrating but when you're hitting them cleanly, it feels oh so nice!

#218 1 year ago
Quoted from merccat:

Those orbits are frustrating but when you're hitting them cleanly, it feels oh so nice!

Yes that is a fact

#219 1 year ago

I notice the coins but wasn't sure what they do so looked it up. Wonder how much they ramp up the super modes? It's things like this that are making this a great game!

Super modes: Playing a mode through to completion awards a specific super mode tied to that mode. When playing a mode you earn "coins" based on how well you play a mode. More shots made as combos and to flashing arrows earn you more coins, and I believe shots made after you Crank it Up are also worth more coins than shots without using CIU. Your coins are 'cashed in' at the completion of a mode toward the base value of your super mode.

#220 1 year ago
Quoted from merccat:

Hitting the right orbit cleanly and hearing the Rat spinner sound is pure gold!

#221 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

maybe they aren't big into AS

From what I'm hearing, this is the biggest obstacle of this game. I'm really not an AS fan either, but on this game it just works - it's just a decent soundtrack to a great game. I can't believe people can't get past the fact that it's Aerosmith.

#222 1 year ago

I've had smart missiles about 5 or 6 times so far. You can hit the button to send a smart missile to "hit" the next shot in whatever song mode you are in. I believe you get like 4-5 missiles.

#223 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You are at game 60, right now is about where your addiction starts I'd say. This game really does have it all and is the complete package pretty much. Ok, I don't know what the coins do truthfully so I have no answers for you there. I have had 1 smart missile is 430 games and I didn't have a damn clue what to do with it or how to activate it so I'm lost on that as well......hopefully they will be implemented in future code updates. I am tired and probably not thinking clearly but I'm not sure what you mean by lighting CIU to stop the lack of progression....sorry?
I'm glad you are enjoying your game though. Did you get a pro or premium model? I have a Pro myself.

It's an awesome game.

#224 1 year ago

Weird, I didn't think Aerosmith was struggling w/sales

#225 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

Weird, I didn't think Aerosmith was struggling w/sales

Well nobody knows for sure but if I was a betting man I would bet that sales aren't as strong as what they could be if people knew how good this machine is. The theme in my opinion is pretty easy to overlook especially now that Star Wars is out. Alot of people I bet overlooked it because they were waiting on SW. This is just my gut feeling of course, I could be totally wrong.

#226 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well nobody knows for sure but if I was a betting man I would bet that sales aren't as strong as what they could be if people knew how good this machine is. The theme in my opinion is pretty easy to overlook especially now that Star Wars is out. Alot of people I bet overlooked it because they were waiting on SW. This is just my gut feeling of course, I could be totally wrong.

If sales are slow its due to Stern's QC, code & service.

Star Wars aint to blame @ this point IMO.

#227 1 year ago

There was a lot of hype for Batman66 . It was a 30th anniversary pinball and I really like it. It screams to us baby boomers who would watch the dynamic duo as faithfully as a ten year old knew how to .I also believe the timing was disrupted (along with other things like code) because of Adam West's health. Star Wars is obviously another high profile game. It is being launched in conjunction with the movie. AS just got squeezed between two high profile release. Some folks just assumed it was just another "music" pinball. I think that Stern is already looking forward. Unfortunate to say the least. I am not even a very big Aerosmith fan. I mean I loved toys in the Attic but that is a long way from Dude looks like a Lady. All of that aside , AS could be the best Stern this decade. As a dealer we look at all pinballs in a very different way. This game is built. It exudes quality. If Stern makes all of its subsequent pinballs in the same way they built AS they and their customers will be happy. The more I play the units the more I like them. I have been agonizing about pulling the LE off the showroom floor. I also ordered a premium and a pro with the intention of hanging on to them for a while to see what happens. I love sleeper cars, and sleeper pinballs are like that too. I do believe that production numbers will be much lower than the pinballs before and after it. If you are a hardcore Pinhead, you need to consider this pin!

-J

#228 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

Sales have picked up big time per a couple of distros.

#229 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

QC I believe has obviously hurt them some in the past year or so, even if their numbers are up. Just because your sales numbers are up (if they are) doesn't necessarily paint the whole picture. They still need to improve these playfields a little. They at least need to be the same quality as AS is.

#230 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

QC I believe has obviously hurt them some in the past year or so, even if their numbers are up. Just because your sales numbers are up (if they are) doesn't necessarily paint the whole picture. They still need to improve these playfields a little. They at least need to be the same quality as AS is.

You hit the nail right on the head. The few issues I have seen with AS play fields for the most part, could have been avoided with proper QC.

#231 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Cabinets too

I have cabinet issues w/my game & no reply from Stern yet.

#232 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

Cabinets too

I feel bad for you.

No one should have to deal with this crap at these prices.

#233 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

Cabinets too

What is your cabinet issue though PW? I think you said it's not in the seams right? Show us a pic please.

#234 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

Cabinets too

Just wondering if anyone has installed inner cabinet metal L-brackets in each of the four corners to ensure issues of cabinet separation will not occur down the road.
I was about to install them on my AS but opted not to as I fear it may damage the cabinet. Is it worth doing?

#235 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What is your cabinet issue though PW? I think you said it's not in the seams right? Show us a pic please.

After further inspection I did find a flexing seam in addition to a plywood issue.

My distro CC'd me on an email to Stern Thursday. I am awaiting a reply currently.

At this point in time I'm keeping my pics/video to myself.

#236 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I feel bad for you.
No one should have to deal with this crap at these prices.

Agreed.

But... Shit can happen. I get it.

I will say I think volume is high so QC is low(er) however.

This cabinet issue does not define Stern, how they handle it does.

#237 1 year ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Just wondering if anyone has installed inner cabinet metal L-brackets in each of the four corners to ensure issues of cabinet separation will not occur down the road.
I was about to install them on my AS but opted not to as I fear it may damage the cabinet. Is it worth doing?

I had no issues with my AS premium cab. but I did install L brackets in the front. Mainly cause I had them around and figured it couldn't hurt. I also have a Star Wars and did mot install in it and have had no issues with it either. Waiting for code update to decide if I want to upgrade to a premium or not.

Phoebe

#238 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

Agreed.
But... Shit can happen. I get it.
I will say I think volume is high so QC is low(er) however.
This cabinet issue does not define Stern, how they handle it does.

Yeah but their volume doesn't remotely approach WMS/BLY back in the day so that's really not a good reason.

Good luck with it. I'm sure they'll make it right.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Sale Pending!
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.95
$ 24.95
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 19.95
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
The Flipper Room
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 8,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Sale Pending!
Chicago, IL
There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside