Topic poll

“Does your Aerosmith have PF issues?”

• Yes, my inserts are ghosting &/or clearcoat is falling off 32 votes
    27%
  • No, my PF is free of all ghosting/clearcoat issues 87 votes
    73%

(119 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 62 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg
20170809_181320 (resized).jpg
20170809_184001 (resized).jpg
20170809_173443 (resized).jpg
IMG_2404 (resized).JPG
IMG_2402 (resized).JPG
IMG_2406 (resized).JPG
IMG_2938 (resized).JPG
IMG_3079 (resized).JPG
IMG_3078 (resized).JPG
4_G (resized).jpg
IMG_3175 (resized).JPG
IMG_3177 (resized).JPG
IMG_3176 (resized).JPG
IMG_2660 (resized).PNG
IMG_2652 (resized).JPG

There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

The sad state of affairs is that Stern feels the need to CYA. JJP and Spooky seem able to make games today that don't ghost and chip. Stern made games before 2015 that didn't chip and ghost nearly at the rates their post 2015 games do.
Something changed in their process that is causing this. Stern chose to resolve the situation by claiming delaminating and chipping is normal.

Dude! JJP are having the same sort of issues. At the moment they can handle them as they do not sell as many machines as Stern. I think all the manufacturers will follow suit with similar wording. It is the same BS. One photo going round and round. You would have to be crazy to believe all this crap.

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

That is not what their statement says
That is what you want to believe
I too want to believe it. We are on the same team for sure.
Unfortunately I don't have to look far to see folks w/bad PF's that Stern refuses to replace.
I want to close my eyes & just buy a damn Aerosmith but if the PF is from a different run & I have issues I'm F'd.
I dont think the issues are blown out of proportion either. If it were a small % of problems it would not have made it to the SW cover right?

I actually do believe it's being blown out of proportion. Sure there are some ghosting here and there but stern makes and sells many many games and I bet you it's a small percentage and nothing like when GB released. Look how Cabinet gate got blown out of proportion. It appeared that EVERYONE'S cabinets were falling apart. I called BS and everyone of the Stern haters hated me for my opinion and now what do you hear about the "sterns new cabinets"...........crickets dude! Blown out of proportion just like I said!

I'm certainly not going to try to talk you into buying the AS that you want so bad but I'll say this, there have been virtually ZERO quality complaints on AS and if you decide to pass I believe you're missing out on one of Stern's greatest pins ever. I absolutely love my AS Pro!

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I actually do believe it's being blown out of proportion. Sure there are some ghosting here and there but stern makes aND sells many many games and I bet you it's a small percentage and nothing like when GB released. Look how Cabinet gate got blown out of proportion. It appeared that EVERYONE'S cabinets were falling apart. I called BS and everyone of the Stern haters hated me for my opinion and now what do you hear about the "sterns new cabinets"...........crickets dude! Blown out of proportion just like I said!
I'm certainly not going to try to talk you into buying the AS that you want so bad but I'll say this, there have been virtually ZERO quality complaints on AS and if you decide to pass I believe you're missing out on one of Stern's greatest pins ever. I absolutely love my AS Pro!

well said!

#54 2 years ago

Ty...and just to clarify, if I got a new game and it had ghosting I'd be unhappy and I'd want a new playfield for sure. I'm certainly not down playing it and saying it's not a big deal or anything like that at all. I do however think Stern would replace a badly ghosted playfield though. It just sometimes takes them too long and i can see why people get irritated sometimes. I would not be afraid to buy a new game right now though personally.

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Just paid for my AS pro in full and it ships tomorrow. After talking with JJ, I'm not worried about it. I've played about 20 games on an AFMr that's on location fairly close to me and it was awesome.

You're going to love it, I really think it's going to get more popular. Love in an Elevator multiball is cool and being able to lock six balls in toy box multiball is insane

This game keeps getting more fun for me and my wife.

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

You're going to love it, I really think it's going to get more popular. Love in an Elevator multiball is cool and being able to lock six balls in toy box multiball is insane
This game keeps getting more fun for me and my wife.

People don't understand how cool AS is until they put about 40-50 games on it, and the people that won't even give it a chance are really missing out big time! So addicting and fun!

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

People don't understand how cool AS is until they put about 40-50 games on it, and the people that won't even give it a chance are really missing out big time! So addicting and fun!

I wish the wife wasn't sleeping. I would play a few games before bed

Jackie told me to F$ck off on my game earlier tonight, there is some adult content In the game....

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ty...and just to clarify, if I got a new game and it had ghosting I'd be unhappy and I'd want a new playfield for sure. I'm certainly not down playing it and saying it's not a big deal or anything like that at all. I do however think Stern would replace a badly ghosted playfield though. It just sometimes takes them too long and i can see why people get irritated sometimes. I would not be afraid to buy a new game right now though personally.

My wife and myself feel the same. If we bought a new machine (from any manufacturer) that had ghosting, excessive chipping or any other defect, we would expect this to be rectified.

We wanted to get AFMr but I could not wait all year to get it so we bought ASLE (same price as AFMr SE in Australia). The thinking was to sell ASLE and then get AFMr when available. We have put over 500 games on ASLE and the more you play it, the more you want to play it. It is not going anywhere anytime soon. Fantastic game and we love it!

#59 2 years ago

Jackie told me to F$ck off on my game earlier tonight, there is some adult content In the game....

What a bastard. Hope you kicked that ball straight in his face.

Have never heard that... is there an adult setting that is defaulted to off???

This game fre*kn rocks. Easily Sterns best since TWD or even Metallica. It is getting 3x the plays of anything else in my collection at the moment, and I'm not getting sick of it - in fact the opposite. It keeps getting better. Its one of those games that gets under your skin.

Now that SW has proven to be a dud, AS will become Sterns best selling title all year. Who would of thought?? (edit: OK that might be a stretch, but I'm trying to make a point here )

With all this bullsh*t going on with GB, B66 and Star Wars, its hard not to get down on Stern. But then I play this game and remember that when it all comes together, they're capable of greatness.

Just buy one PW79

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

This game fre*kn rocks. Easily Sterns best since TWD or even Metallica. It is getting 3x the plays of anything else in my collection at the moment, and I'm not getting sick of it - in fact the opposite. It keeps getting better. Its one of those games that gets under your skin.
Now that SW has proven to be a dud, AS will become Sterns best selling title all year. Who would of thought?? (edit: OK that might be a stretch, but I'm trying to make a point here )
With all this bullsh*t going on with GB, B66 and Star Wars, its hard not to get down on Stern. But then I play this game and remember that when it all comes together, they're capable of greatness.
Just buy one PW79

Yes there is an adult setting. He rarely drops an F Bomb but it does happen on occasion.

#61 2 years ago

Our AS has no ghosting issues.

At CAX this year marco had a lot of new games on display. There were about 4 Aerosmiths, all looked perfect and somewhere around 10 Star Wars, two of which I saw ghosting inserts. Neither were terrible, just slivers on a couple inserts each.

Other than that personal observation... just general noise in the forum, haven't seen many AS complaints but SW seems to be a little more active in that department.

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes there is an adult setting. He rarely drops an F Bomb but it does happen on occasion.

Yeah LMAO... first time I heard that I was like... did I just hear that? Second time i was laughing so hard I drained.

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Yeah LMAO... first time I heard that I was like... did I just hear that? Second time i was laughing so hard I drained.

Same here, I was like.......Did he just say WTF? I probably didn't even hear it to around game 200 and I've only heard it about 3 times in 500 games. Pretty funny though.

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just buy one PW79

Yes AS is top notch. Looks like someone else responded about the adult settings. It's easy to find. I think it's in AS specific settings. I am thinking the same thing, with all the BS going on about Stern, this game is amazing.

#65 2 years ago

I'd say it's pretty obvious that AS was made the "old" way and SW is made the "new" way. Looks like they better look at whatever investment they made into the "new" way as a sunk cost and immediately go back to the "old" way.

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just buy one PW79

I tried to twice, no stock.

Then after finding stock Stern says there is no PF warranty.

Current PF stock will run dry. Then what?

Do they have PF's from another run like the ghosted one in their Aerosmith demo video? What if they are sandbagging those PF's for later?

Maybe Stern knows something about their inventory we dont & they made the new PF disclaimer. I think that is the case considering SW is already ghosting.

I'm not anti-Stern. I'm anti-problem. I love my Stern games 101%

Glad to hear Aerosmith is good so far. That was all I needed to hear to justify my purchase until the new disclaimer. Stern's bogus follow up letter did not resolve my concerns so I am just going to relax a bit & see where things go first.

Or.... maybe I buy one today lol. I'm a fickle fucker!

Game on fellas!

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Do they have PF's from another run like the ghosted one in their Aerosmith demo video? What if they are sandbagging those PF's for later?
Maybe Stern knows something about their inventory we dont & they made the new PF disclaimer. I think that is the case considering SW is already ghosting.

Automated Servives in CT has them in stock, great distributor. I will buy all my games from them. I am sure you rather go local, but just thought I would mention. I need one more game, I can only afford having two for now. Now I got lucky with AS pro, I don't know what to get. I really wanted GB pro, but the one at the showroom brand new out of box, they set it up for me, the slimer toy wasn't registering hits that good, some people had to replace slimer already with a new one. I did not study the playfield which I wish I had.

#68 2 years ago

Automated Servives in CT has them in stock, great distributor. I will buy all my games from them. I am sure you rather go local, but just thought I would mention. I need one more game, I can only afford having two for now. Now I got lucky with AS pro, I don't know what to get. I really wanted GB pro, but the one at the showroom brand new out of box, they set it up for me, the slimer toy wasn't registering hits that good, some people had to replace slimer already with a new one. I did not study the playfield which I wish I had.

I'm really on the fence on these two myself. I'm going between AS pro and GB premium. Can't decide.

#69 2 years ago

18 bogus "yes" votes lol

I think we should have the option to choose between anonymous vs transparent polls.

C'mon guys (18 of you) be genuine.

This is serious stuff we're talking about here

#70 2 years ago

TWD Pro would be a nice compliment to AS. TWD won't be made too much longer either I don't think.

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

18 bogus "yes" votes lol
I think we should have the option to choose between anonymous vs transparent polls.
C'mon guys (18 of you) be genuine.
This is serious stuff we're talking about here

Definitely a bogus number I guarantee it. Here's my guess on the AS playfields. There is obviously more than one company making the playfields and I bet the company that got the AS playfields has a contract to make all of them. That would be my guess anyway.

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Definitely a bogus number I guarantee it. Here's my guess on the AS playfields. There is obviously more than one company making the playfields and I bet the company that got the AS playfields has a contract to make all of them. That would be my guess anyway.

That's what I figured as well. I hope we're right.

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Glad to hear Aerosmith is good so far. That was all I needed to hear to justify my purchase until the new disclaimer. Stern's bogus follow up letter did not resolve my concerns so I am just going to relax a bit & see where things go first.
Game on fellas!

If you want I'll report back with pics when my AS gets here next week.

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

If you want I'll report back with pics when my AS gets here next week.

Me too lol

#75 2 years ago

Congrats! It's a fun game and a welcome part of my collection.

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I bet the company that got the AS playfields has a contract to make all of them

And if Stern would say that in writing, I bet Curly would buy one... but they won't. Because that would be admitting that other playfields may not have the same quality. It also would limit them from less expensive runs later.

Their own doing. Past performance is not indicative of future results when it comes to AS.

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm really on the fence on these two myself. I'm going between AS pro and GB premium. Can't decide.

Good luck. Me and my wife took two hours to decide at the showroom. We kept playing each game back and forth. We sat in our truck outside of showroom and had a snack, then weighed out how we felt between each. AS pro was the winner for us over GB pro. Now don't get me wrong we like GB, but that slimer mad me nervous. I heard and have seen the new slimer on later production dates.

Peace out

#78 2 years ago

Awww shit! We're like the two chicks at the end of Thelma and Loiuse. Can't remember their names.

#79 2 years ago

Just two photos through glass of AS pro. I can take more with glass off if any doubters want me to. Be more than happy to. My whole playfield is 100% mint. 140 games

AS pro owners....love in an elevator multiball is set on medium difficulty from factory. After 75+\- games I never achieved it
Until I set it on easy. Just an FYI.....it maybe be achievable now on medium now that I know the game but...I am leaving it on easy.

IMG_0120 (resized).JPG

IMG_0121 (resized).JPG

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Game on fellas!

I don't get why Pinside seems to think that Stern is now going to ignore all playfield issues, just because they've added that new disclaimer. I mean, we don't know, and maybe they will. But imagine how customers will react if they do tell everyone to pound sand. Loyal customers will drop like flies. This isn't news, and I expect Stern knows this.
We need to see what happens the next time a buyer asks for a replacement playfield.
Until then, I am hopeful that Stern continues to show the same support that they did for the Ghostbusters playfields.
In my opinion, and after watching that one Pinsiders flip out to the extreme, calling upon the Illinios States Attorney (or whatever it was that he got involved), Stern would be nuts NOT to include a clause like that.
It is my "belief", (and only my current opinion, so who knows?), that Stern will continue to help customers with playfield replacements, providing it's considered serious, and not minor ghosting on a couple/few inserts, that really don't make much of a difference.
Worst case: wait a little longer until someone has issues, and see how they're handled.

#81 2 years ago

Just recv'd my AS Premium. Many people remember my issues with my ghosting w/ my GBLE. All good with AS!

#82 2 years ago

The Aerosmith manual does not have the "fcked up PF's are normal" verbage.

SW does.

Aerosmith has no documented issues.

SW does.

You know what? Almost seems like SW is flawed & Stern knows it.

I would stay far far away from SW. Maybe I'm wrong about it all but until Stern speaks up all I can do is look @ Data & speculate...

26da32597d9bd37fde9da22660aa524f24fd725c (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20170804-095715 (resized).png

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

after watching that one Pinsiders flip out to the extreme, calling upon the Illinios States Attorney (or whatever it was that he got involved), Stern would be nuts NOT to include a clause like that

Stern deserved all of that IMO.

Its unwise to ignore pissed off people that were wronged. A little communication would have went a long way.

#84 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I don't get why Pinside seems to think that Stern is now going to ignore all playfield issues, just because they've added that new disclaimer.

Why would Stern add the disclaimer if they're not going to use the disclaimer?

#85 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

That's why my wallet is closed to Stern

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

My guess would be, if a Pinsider freaks out because he has one tiny sliver of ghosting on one insert, and he wants an entire new populated play field, they can point to that and say nope.

Another Pinsider has 13 massively ghosting inserts and clear flaking, Stern will replace it.

Just my guess though. As stated, we will have wait and see.

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

My guess would be, if a Pinsider freaks out because he has one tiny sliver of ghosting on one insert, and he wants an entire new populated play field, they can point to that and say nope.
Another Pinsider has 13 massively ghosting inserts and clear flaking, Stern will replace it.

Exactly what I think also

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Stern deserved all of that IMO.
Its unwise to ignore pissed off people that were wronged. A little communication would have went a long way.

Agree 100%. KPG and others had every right to be upset. I call it like I see it, I back Stern and think they're a good company for the most part but they have horrible customer relations and communication.

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Just recv'd my AS Premium. Many people remember my issues with my ghosting w/ my GBLE. All good with AS!

Good to see you back KPG! How do you like your AS? Pretty sweet game eh?

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I think you're probably right. My fear is if they get a lot of bad playfields they are going to move the line. If they get hammered with playfields with 3 ghosted inserts they are going to say you must have at least 5. If its 5 then they will say 7. They need to simply lay it out there and have a clear policy not its what we decide when we decide.

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

That's a really tough call. I have both and I love them both. I will say this much, AS would probably be the better pin if you are an average player and definitely the better pin if anyone in your family isnt very good at pinball because GB is frustrating at times even to a good player, and flat out hell on Noobs.

#92 2 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Mark my words, with this disclaimer he will tell you to go get fucked regardless of how big or small the PF or cabinet problem is and people will still jump to buy his shit.

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Mark my words, with this disclaimer he will tell you to go get fucked regardless of how big or small the PF or cabinet problem is and people will still jump to buy his shit.

I hope not

But if so I'm sure there are some smart people out there who can easily run a quick & very effective smear campaign utilizing platforms Stern cannot moderate.

They will fall if they fck too many people

#94 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I hope not
But if so I'm sure there are some smart people out there who can easily run a quick & very effective smear campaign utilizing platforms Stern cannot moderate.
They will fall if they fck too many people

They sell out of everything. People are still looking to get Star Wars LEs eve after all the BS. " its my holey grail pin". Im almost glad I cant afford pins anymore so I cant buy them and get disappointed.

#95 2 years ago

I can't wait to order my AS Premium when I get back from vacation next week.

#96 2 years ago

My AS pro has over 7k plays and no ghosting, yet. One of my Star wars pro has appx 2k and it has ghosting already

#97 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I really don't think so zr. One or two slightly ghosted inserts....maybe but several ghosted inserts or clear coat chipping I bet he gets it replaced. It may not be as fast as he'd like it to be but I bet he would eventually get a replacement. A good distributor would also help too obviously.

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I really don't think so zr. One or two slightly ghosted inserts....maybe but several ghosted inserts or clear coat chipping I bet he gets it replaced. It may not be as fast as he'd like it to be but I bet he would eventually get a replacement. A good distributor would also help too obviously.

My distributor told me that Stern knows we are aware of what's up and he said they know they would be screwed if it gets worse.

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

My AS pro has over 7k plays and no ghosting, yet. One of my Star wars pro has appx 2k and it has ghosting already

Describe please, how much ghosting? Just curious....

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

WTF, Kpg is back?

Happy you finally took my stock advice and quit getting your ass kicked shorting the market!

When is the next lawsuit against Stern?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Colgate, WI
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
6,250 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Bossier City, LA
$ 50.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside