(Topic ID: 214349)

Aerosmith elevator help

By Doghouse-Studio

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

New owner of Aerosmith pro and new to the whole pinball world. Wondering if anyone has a tip... 90% of the time that a ball goes in the elevator, when it ejects out, goes right between the flippers and that’s the end of that ball. It’s like, the elevator shot is a lost ball nearly every time. Do I just suck at this game or dies anyone have some advice?
Thanks

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from Doghouse-Studio:

New owner of Aerosmith pro and new to the whole pinball world. Wondering if anyone has a tip... 90% of the time that a ball goes in the elevator, when it ejects out, goes right between the flippers and that’s the end of that ball. It’s like, the elevator shot is a lost ball nearly every time. Do I just suck at this game or dies anyone have some advice?
Thanks

Stuff like this is frustrating.

Are you sure the machine is levelled 100%?

Even a couple of degrees can make a difference for things like this.

If you have an iPhone you can download the PINGUY app to help you level it.

rd

#3 6 years ago

goes right between the flippers and that’s the end of that ball.

I believe there's a setting for a short ball-save after the Elevator kick-out. In fact, it's the default setting, if I'm not mistaken? I'm not an owner of AS, just play it a fair bit. All of them have a ball-save after the elevator kick-out.

#4 6 years ago

But I agree that this is frustrating, as the elevator kickout *shouldn't* go SDTM -- the ball-save is a crutch.
Besides checking the level, also consider changing the kickout strength, or bend the metal a bit around the kicker?? Sorry, I have no experience in fixing one of these SDTM kicker issues.

#5 6 years ago

Ideally you want to fix it so that it doesn’t go SDTM all the time.

So -

1/ make sure it is levelled properly. This is an important part of pin ownership and can take a little while to get right. I’d be 80% sure you can sort it this way.

2/ if not - you can probably reposition the scoop a little if needed. A couple of MM that far up the playfield will make a huge difference.

rd

#6 6 years ago

Thanks a lot!!! Seems better after using the leveling app! Thanks everyone. One more question... does anyone know where I can find easy to follow Instructions and strategy for the Aerosmith pro? I know there’s much more to this than just trying to keep the ball alive.

#7 6 years ago

does anyone know where I can find easy to follow Instructions and strategy for the Aerosmith pro? I know there’s much more to this than just trying to keep the ball alive.

Best place for rules:

http://tiltforums.com/t/aerosmith-rulesheet/2499/157

Also:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-owner-then-walk-this-way

For other tips.

rd

#8 6 years ago

Thanks a lot RD !!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.75
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-elevator-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.