aerosmith files picture (resized).PNG
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
1523045482320803954477 (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

Not sure if anyone posted this but new Aerosmith code is out

V1.05.0 - April 2, 2018
=======================

- Fixed a time out bug in "Back in the Saddle" where, during the "final shot(s)" sequence, the pop bumpers turned off the lit shot(s).
- Fixed a problem where the game could reset if the display tried to render too many layered images after a foreground display effect was finished running.
- Fixed a bug where the flippers where allowed to change the bottom lane lamps during diagnostics.
- Changed the default speech/music attenuation settings on French games.
- Changed the default ball save settings on games for China.
- Fixed a problem where combo shots to the left scoop during Love in an Elevator Multiball were not being scored correctly.
- Removed unused adjustment.
- Added an upper playfield targets completed audit.

- Added AD_TILT_DEBOUNCE adjustment in ms for tilt bob debounce.
- System v1.97, nodebus protocol change and node board firmware update.
- At the start of each ball, check if the stgl5000 codec chip has reset due to static discharge and reconfigure register if needed to recover audio playback.
- Changed debounce logic/timing to prevent double start button detects.
- Added USA_12 Coinage 1/$0.25, 5/$1.00.
- Added audit for total number of one, two, three, and four players games
that have been played.
- Improved sound proccessing.
- Interactively update the backbox brightness while changing Attract Mode,
Game Play, and Service Mode adjustments in the service menu.
- Added adjustments for backbox speaker bass/treble, cabinet speaker
bass/treble, and cabinet/backbox speaker balance to service menu
UTIL->VOL. Speaker balance allows lowering the volume level of cabinet
speaker or backbox speakers vs. the other.
- Improved sound issues at power up.
- Reworked boot time displays for node board firmware update and locating node
boards.
- Added boot time display for overcurrent detected (shorted coil or LED) on
node boards.
- Added support for dynamic detection and isolation of overcurrent coils or
LEDs. Previous behavior would disable all coils and LEDs for 1/2 second each
time a short was detected. New behavior will determine the short coil and/or
LED and disable only the offender.
- Added tech alert for overcurrent coils and LEDs on node boards. New
diagnostic test to retest node board and report with coils/LEDs are drawing
too much current. Excessive current draw could be the result of a shorted
coil, an incorrect replacement LED/incandescent bulb, shorted light socket,
et cetera.
- Every 15 minutes during attract mode overcurrent coils/led will be rechecked
and returned to service if operating correctly.
- Added adjustment for "GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
- Renamed "BACKBOX BRIGHTNESS" to "ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
- The deprecated BILL VALIDATOR adjustment has been removed.
- Updated Norway coin door to 1/5/10/20 Kr for left/center/right/4th
slot.
- Updated Sweden coin door to 1/5/10/2 Kr for left/center/right/4th
slot.
- Added Sweden 3 credit pricing 1 credit for 10 Kr.
- Updated Sweden dip switch setting (0x0B) default to Sweden 3 pricing.
- Replaced hardware version number with OS version number on diagnostic
screen.
- Added a message LOCATING NODE BOARDS. This will display if a required
node board is not discovered, previously it would incorrectly state
UPDATING NODE BOARD and UPDATE FAILED. The node board number(s) of
missing boards will be displayed and updated as boards are found.
- Updated UK pricing.
- Added China dip switch setting.
- Added support for China currency and pricing.
- Added support for e-Wallet psuedo ticket dispenser device. Only selectable
for China dip switch setting. The ticket and redemption systems will
ignore this device if selected.
- Added support for new headphone jack accessory.
- Added SWITZERLAND 3 pricing (the new default for games that are DIP-switch set for SWITZERLAND): 2/1 SwF 5/3 SwF.

#2 5 years ago

This is all Stern can come up with for Aerosmith after 13 months?

What a sad, silly little joke of a company Stern truly is.

#3 5 years ago

this is why you don't buy sterns till they are at least 2 yrs old, minimum!

#4 5 years ago

Not much in there to address actual issues that have been clearly detailed like losing your timer with certain unskippable events and the bug from KISS where you can change the song so you're hearing one song but playing the goals for another.

#5 5 years ago

Stern has recently been stating that Areosmith, KISS, and GB would have their code updated mid-summer. I wonder if Areosmith’s code is out early, or if this is just a pacifier until the real update this sumner.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Stern has recently been stating that Areosmith, KISS, and GB would have their code updated mid-summer. I wonder if Areosmith’s code is out early, or if this is just a pacifier until the real update this sumner.

Pacifier. There's nothing to get excited about in this maintenance update.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

What a sad, silly little joke of a company Stern truly is.

No, that would be Heighway and Dutch.

Code for GOTG, Batman ‘66, and Star Wars have been churning out at a regular pace. This may not even be the final release for Areosmith (see above). New coders have been hired.

Relax, and curb your hyperbole.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

if you're a player, and considering the "code" as being one of the most important part of a pinball, than YES, you're right

and to show you that i agree, i've lately bought a NIB TWD

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Not true in Aerosmiths case at all. It shipped with a pretty damn good code. It needs a few tweaks but the code isnt bad at all right now. I do with they would hurry up and complete it though.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It shipped with a pretty damn good code.

I owned the game for a few months. There seemed to be a few gaps in the game like purpose for some of the counting icons that are on screen, no smart missle and some annoying delayed animations where it seemed like some were stuck on a finished animation (video wise.)

Also seemed like building flowers on some of the songs wasn’t achievable with the default times, even with adding time. I didn’t think the typical player would be able to ever complete any songs.

Another gap seemed to be the upper playfield. You could go through all the work to get 2x by hitting all the targets and then going around the mini orbit but it didnt build if you could do it again during the 2x (memory foggy on exact moves.) but during a multiball where you can accomplish this is pretty difficult and it was a one trick 2x pony. Loved the upper playfield but it sure is limited on what you can do.

Jacky, dirty donny art, the topper, most of the playfield is awesome. Felt Stern wouldn’t complete this one maybe based on low sales, but that was just speculation. I miss the game but dont miss the code.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not true in Aerosmiths case at all. It shipped with a pretty damn good code. It needs a few tweaks but the code isnt bad at all right now. I do with they would hurry up and complete it though.

Complete it? Trouble is no matter what code they put out someone would complain . You cant please everyone. Pretty much with the older pinvalls of the 90s what you bought is what you got.
We are so lucky Stern makes way better complete games compared to the older ones..
No matter what they do with code it will never be complete in a lot of peoples opinions. That goes for all Stern machines or any manufactured in todays world.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Complete it?

I have a rule that I broke when I bought this game. Never buy a Lonny game. It just makes you unhappy with the title (initial seeming like finished code but theres a lot less polish than other games and no updates.) This didnt hold true with Star Trek however. But Dwight stepped in.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from huo:

I have a rule that I broke when I bought this game. Never buy a Lonny game. It just makes you unhappy with the title (initial seeming like finished code but theres a lot less polish than other games and no updates.) This didnt hold true with Star Trek however. But Dwight stepped in.

Star Trek is buggy as hell though and needs an update, even if underlying rules are good.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Complete it? Trouble is no matter what code they put out someone would complain . You cant please everyone. Pretty much with the older pinvalls of the 90s what you bought is what you got.
We are so lucky Stern makes way better complete games compared to the older ones..

No matter what they do with code it will never be complete in a lot of peoples opinions. That goes for all Stern machines or any manufactured in todays world.

Agreed. The simple fact that these modern games can be easily updated overweighs the fact that they ship incomplete. That allows the programmers to respond to feedback from the community. And yes, Stern reads these posts. Some games have shifted significantly after the fact. In the 90’s, you got mostly finished code, but other than a bug fix it two, that was how it stayed. I agree Stern in the past has lagged or forgotten about some games that didn’t sell well, but they seem to be making a concerted effort to improve the situation lately. This summer will tell if they follow through on those three remaining games that they have mentioned.

#15 5 years ago

Why on earth were these bugs not fixed? They were reported right? It would have made the update much more meaningful.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Not much in there to address actual issues that have been clearly detailed like losing your timer with certain unskippable events and the bug from KISS where you can change the song so you're hearing one song but playing the goals for another.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Why on earth were these bugs not fixed? They were reported right? It would have made the update much more meaningful.

Sounds like a system update, with two or three game code fixes - probably reflects the fact that it literally hadn't been touched or looked at in 12-15 months.

#17 5 years ago

I think this update is being overlooked:

“- Added USA_12 Coinage 1/$0.25, 5/$1.00.”

This is huge news for people who play on route and could be a sign that the economy is about to enter a recession. Sell your stocks now and play some pin!

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

if you're a player, and considering the "code" as being one of the most important part of a pinball, than YES, you're right
and to show you that i agree, i've lately bought a NIB TWD

one of the best codes out there!!! nice job!!!

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

...No matter what they do with code it will never be complete in a lot of peoples opinions...

i dont agree

let's make a topo on last STERN pins (the SAM ones seems a good idea)

WPT : done
POTC : done
FG/SHREK : done
SM : done
WOF : missing WZ
IJ : some minor bugs remaining i think
BDK : done
CSI : missing WM
NBA : done
24 : !?
IM : done, but some tweaks may improve
BBH : done
TRON : done
TRS : !?
TF : done
ACDC : done, but some tweaks may improve
MET : done
AV : done
XMEN : done
ST : (already nice but) bugs remaining
MUSTANG : done
TWD : done

right now, all SPIKE games need works, even if few are near to be complete

now, again, if you're NOT a player, you will simply not notice all the little things a players will, and of course i can understand that

#20 5 years ago

Why am I having trouble not like I havnt done this before. This is what I ended up with not sure if it's right. Please take a look thanks.

1523045482320803954477 (resized).jpg1523045482320803954477 (resized).jpg

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from huo:

I’m ok with AS now for a while BUT it needs some polish and another mini added at least

I took a chance on this because it was Kiss cut and paste and Lonnie had a big head start

I will NOT make the mistake of buying another Lonnie pin either

How much value do you put on a game like Lyman does it versus Lonnie?

It’s HUGE

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i dont agree
let's make a topo on last STERN pins (the SAM ones seems a good idea)
WPT : done
POTC : done
FG/SHREK : done
SM : done
WOF : missing WZ
IJ : some minor bugs remaining i think
BDK : done
CSI : missing WM
NBA : done
24 : !?
IM : done, but some tweaks may improve
BBH : done
TRON : done
TRS : !?
TF : done
ACDC : done, but some tweaks may improve
MET : done
AV : done
XMEN : done
ST : (already nice but) bugs remaining
MUSTANG : done
TWD : done
right now, all SPIKE games need works, even if few are near to be complete
now, again, if you're NOT a player, you will simply not notice all the little things a players will, and of course i can understand that

Well im sure others could dissagree on that list. Everyone can pick faults depending on thier own wants and likes so its impossible to please 100% as there is always someone out there not happy no matter what code we put out.

#23 5 years ago

Things are different now. Pricing is MUCH different now.

When premiums and LE's cost what they do these days you can't afford to buy boat anchors.

Great code is the key to a game's staying power. Today, you spend $9k to play for a pin, it needs the depth and creativity to hold on to it for a while before you sell it and lose a couple of grand.

That's why Lyman and JJP appeal to me right now versus everything else.

#24 5 years ago

Wizard mode is not the only thing missing on WoF; there are seven inserts on the playfield that never light up and not integrated into the game, the Trip Multiballs always end showing a score of 500,000, no fancy noise/animation for a high score, etc.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Wizard mode is not the only thing missing on WoF; there are seven inserts on the playfield that never light up and not integrated into the game, the Trip Multiballs always end showing a score of 500,000, no fancy noise/animation for a high score, etc.

Extra Ball is just plain text on the screen, no callouts or anything. LOTS of polish missing from WoF. Lots.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Why am I having trouble not like I havnt done this before. This is what I ended up with not sure if it's right. Please take a look thanks.

You're missing aerosmith_le-1_05_0.spk.003.001.

There was a note that Stern archives are not unpacking correctly with windows zip on some Windows 7-8-10 machines. Download 7-zip and try extracting with that.

Or you have a corrupted archive and need to delete, redownload and re-extract.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

tanx for the infos

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

- Reworked boot time displays for node board firmware update and locating node
boards.
- Added boot time display for overcurrent detected (shorted coil or LED) on
node boards.
- Added support for dynamic detection and isolation of overcurrent coils or
LEDs. Previous behavior would disable all coils and LEDs for 1/2 second each
time a short was detected. New behavior will determine the short coil and/or
LED and disable only the offender.
- Added tech alert for overcurrent coils and LEDs on node boards. New
diagnostic test to retest node board and report with coils/LEDs are drawing
too much current. Excessive current draw could be the result of a shorted
coil, an incorrect replacement LED/incandescent bulb, shorted light socket,
et cetera.
- Every 15 minutes during attract mode overcurrent coils/led will be rechecked
and returned to service if operating correctly.

While other people might not find this all that thrilling, I'm personally really glad to see them building up the Spike core tools. These are some needed and good things right there, that should just have been standard really.

#29 5 years ago

"we"?

Since when are Stern'ers allowed to post here?

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

"we"?
Since when are Stern'ers allowed to post here?

D'oh!

#31 5 years ago

Are we suppose to select quick update or full update when in machine menu?

#32 5 years ago

IMO Try Quick update first - if you have any problems, then redo with Full update.

#33 5 years ago

Even though I have the 2 files on usb won’t even let me get to that point. Says no update recognized insert usb with update.

#34 5 years ago

This is what I have on usb now. It is for the pro model. Game didn’t recognize so I’m assuming it’s wrong. Can someone please post pic of files before and after unzipping so I know when I’ve got it right?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#35 5 years ago

You are missing a file. Should have 3 files.

aerosmith files picture (resized).PNGaerosmith files picture (resized).PNG

#36 5 years ago

This is what it looked like before putting it on usb. I didn’t load upper one because stern says to only take 2 files not folder which I assumed upper was the folder. Edit to upper

#37 5 years ago

The instructions from Stern I believe reference 2 files.

But Sometimes the newest games have 3 files. You need all three even though a couple look similar in size.

should look like the shot in post #35

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

This is what it looked like before putting it on usb. I didn’t load upper one because stern says to only take 2 files not folder which I assumed upper was the folder. Edit to upper

The first file doesn't look right either on your photo in post #36.

#39 5 years ago

That’s what I thought. I started from scratch again. Got all 3 files put them in the usb tried to do quick no go now loading full update and seems to be working albeit slowly.... actually seems to of froze up again....aarrrghhh I’m done for the day.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

That’s what I thought. I started from scratch again. Got all 3 files put them in the usb tried to do quick no go now loading full update and seems to be working albeit slowly.... actually seems to of froze up again....aarrrghhh I’m done for the day.

I had to retry the update 3 times before it actually completed (the other times it froze up at different points).

I'm not sure what the deal was with this update. I've updated pretty much every other Spike game to date at one time or another, but this one took a few tries to complete.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

I had to retry the update 3 times before it actually completed (the other times it froze up at different points).
I'm not sure what the deal was with this update. I've updated pretty much every other Spike game to date at one time or another, but this one took a few tries to complete.

Ditto - pretty much the same experience.

#42 5 years ago

Sucess had to do full and verify. Thanks to all.

#43 5 years ago

thanks all. was glad to see the update today & was confused when there were 3 files in the zip but the ReadMe said to expect 2. Extracting now.

As for complaints, only thing I'd really like fixed it the odd pause the game sometimes takes before shooting the ball at a closed toybox. didn't see it mentioned in the list of fixes but, bottom line is I'm happy to see continued maintenance fixes.

#44 5 years ago

What's the difference between the quick & full update. My hope is that full is for if you weren't already on 1.03 & quick is if you were. Readme didn't say so I picked quick.

20180412_175856 (resized).jpg20180412_175856 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-code-105-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.