View topic image gallery

gary rob brooke (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_1205 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 7 years ago

Nice writeup. I hope Aerosmith continues getting a good amount of code support.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

There is multiple wizard modes in there but no Dream on yet

Cool. Does that mean that "Dream On" will eventually be in the game?

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

People need to start lighting a fire under Stern's ass to get that added in a future code update.
Just seems odd to not have that in the wizard mode.
Also seems kind of cheap to have to listen to the same music for the wizard modes that are hard to acheive. It's a music pin so they should have some unique music to unlock with these modes, jmho. Gives you something to work for other than just points.

Yeah, agree. I don't understand, other then to save money, why Stern only got the license for 9 songs. Also, a couple of the songs are just ok and Dream On (one of Aerosmiths top songs) isn't even in the game...

#46 7 years ago

In terms of modes are there 9 song modes and 3 multiballs? Also, do the modes require the player to work the entire playfield or are they mainly just "hit ramps 5x" type modes? Do any of the modes have stages to them that require various shots to be hit?

Thank you!

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

9 songs total (that I know of), 2 of which are in MB (Toys in the Attic & Love in an Elevator). The other 7 you can select. Song runs until timer runs out. Hitting lit shots extends timer as done shooting scoop when Crank it Up is lit. Crank it Up is like away team missions on Star Trek. Modes are basically the same as KISS. Shoot lit shot, other shots will light. Shoot in succession and double the value. It uses the whole playfield, unless it is an orbit specific mode, then it will be fixed with both orbit shots lit. Once you get far enough in the mode, a super value will light like Super Ramps for Walk This Way.

Thanks! Great info.

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

My only concern with the premium is that it will be similar to GOT in that the upper playfield doesn't seem to be integrated well with the rest of the game. I'm very curious to play AS prem at the Allentown show for this reason.

I hear ya there. Personally I don't think Stern codes their extra premium features very well, at least not enough to justify the price increase going from a pro to a premium on most games. The Iceman ramp in XMEN? Minimal code. The ACDC mini playfield? Minimal code. Upper playfield in GOT? Minimal code? Slimer mech and Ecto Goggles on GB? Minimal code. With AS premium / LE I wouldn't expect more then a basic set of rules that don't differ much from the pro's rules.

Stern has designed some cool premium / LE toys but what is the point of doing so if they lack the rules that can take advantage of them fully? Might as well save $1500-$3000 and go with a pro over a premium / LE. Right now most premium / LE features just seem to be coded minimally and lack the rules that would otherwise unlock there full potential.

#134 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I think GB plays off to people because it is not similar to anything out there.
Aerosmith is very similar to Kiss and other fan layouts. Just my opinion.
I think the code is great on GB. Hope Aerosmith will be great. Haven't played one yet.

I hear ya there. I think Ghostbusters layout is one of the coolest things about the game as its so unique. How many games have we had with the typical left ramp / right ramp that return directly to the flippers and 2 orbits combo? Tons. They are cool but after a while they all start to play the same way.

Also, the traditional fan layout games are always going to play faster as there really isn't much on the playfield to slow the ball down...that can be fine but for today's NIB prices I want all sorts of cool shots and devices that a ball can drop into, shoot out of and interact with.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-big-review-surprise-of-year?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.