View topic image gallery

gary rob brooke (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_1205 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider musketd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

So I usually try and buy every new stern that comes out but that hasn't been the case lately and even skipped ghostbusters; just way too many air balls and rules. Haven't wrote one of these in awhile; but this game needs it, because it has that magic to it. Ya know that feeling where you just want to hit that start button again and again.
Aerosmith hits on all cylinders and is truly Borg and Lonnie's masterpiece. Big thanks to the entire team on this game because wow they knocked it out of the park in so many ways. Will break it down into several sections here guys and please link any questions you have on this thread and I'll try to answer it as best I can.
Artwork
Well I have a Metallica right next to it and dirty Donny killed that game, and thought it was a game changer in pinball art. Well wait till you guys get to see Aerosmith; he really outdid himself. Whether the backglass, cabinet art, playfield art and even the plastics; he destroyed it. Wait till you see the detail of Jackie and the plastics around him with the evil toys on them. His attention to detail is amazing. He also mesmerizes with the evil toys on the backglass art and all the hidden treats he has on the playfield art too.
Have to give this section a 10 out of 10
Dirty Donny will have a tough time beating this game art guys it's really jaw dropping.

Animations;
Here is where I was very skeptical; I had watched many of the videos online and they seemed just ok we'll wait till you get to see them in real life. Will just go over a couple of the great highlights; wait till you play dude looks like a lady; the animations in this mode are really great and very cool when you start nailing shots on the field. Another one that is really cool is the toys animations when you start nailing jackpots in toys in the black x mball. Some other great modes and animations are back in the saddle, walk this way(nothing like some hot chicks coming across the screen and shaking it), lastly forget which mode but you get to see differnt extermination trucks with differnt album cover art. Overall the display is a please t surprise and really reminds me of an upgraded dmd and has some killer art to it and huge props to the entire team for really doing some cool and unique stuff here. So for animations I'd say it gets a 8.5

Sounds and Music
Well here the new spike 2 sound system shines really get to hear just how good and clear the new system is. Really love how with spike 2 you can go in adjust the bass and treble along with the volume. I was really worried hear because some of the early sound effects seemed like they were borrowed from kiss; well those all seem to be gone now and game really shines hear with the real nice old school Aerosmith tracks. Along with some very cool sound effects. Lastly let's talk about call outs which has been a big topic of discussion here on the group and jackies voice. Jackie's voice does not really bother me but that will be for everyone to see what they think. So keeping all that on in mind; I'd rate this section like this
Music a 9; would be a 10 but no Dream On
Sounds a 8 as they stand and lastly
Call Outs get a 7

Gameplay and Layout
So here is where most of the magic comes from on this game. Your going to want to look at it and say wow looks like Metallica or maybe it looks like Kiss. Well I'm here to tell you it plays way different then both of those games; which is also a great surprise. One of the things I really like is how challenging the game is and it has several very cool and challenging shots on it like the orbits (hitting the left orbit and going right through the pops is one killer shot), another oddly not a gimmie shot is the scoop on the left which is different from your typical Borg scoop, lastly the right ramp can be very challenging; mainly because of the height and ramp opening being very narrow. The easiest shot on the game is the elevator shot. But the game keeps you on your toes and the ball is very fast and wild on this one. The gameplay has a very differnt type of feel to it with some really cool combination shots available like hitting the outer right orbit to the left flipper and then nailing the elevator for the ball lock. The magnet on this game too has some really wild new action to it unlike any other magnets out there really different. The main toy is the jester and it rocks. All I have to say is go for the 6 ball mball for some crazy mball action and some killer points too. Game has a great mix of flow and some stop n go to it. Borgy really gave us a killer layout and table here.
Overall rating for layout and gameplay a 9.5

Lastly let's talk RULES
So I was along with everyone else and was a little worried when I heard LONNIE was in charge of software on this one; we'll let me just start with this and that is this is LONNIE's masterpiece. He really gave us some very cool features on this game. We'll start with the ability to be able to crank up your modes when you are in them and go for some higher point values when you hit the scoop. Another highlight is the combo system with the coins. Not to mention toybox mball and the ability to choose how many balls you want to start mball with and then when you are in mball gives you the ability to lock multiple balls back in the jester too and go for triple scoring. Also love the arrange of super modes that you can achieve when defeating one of the regular modes in the game and he just fixed the roadblack that was in the code for love in a elevator mball. Touching on the code; this is by far the best out of the gate code stern has put out in a long time. I feel here it would be unfair to judge the code just yet though until we get some more updates, but I can say this what's in it already is great fun.
So overall this to me has been the pleasant surprise of 2017 and the best part about it is it's not that expensive for a pro. Borg, Lonnie and the entire team Aerosmith really put their heart and soul into the game and you'll be able to tell when you get to play the game. I'll sum it up like this; game can be very challenging and just gives you that let me hit the start button one more time feeling.
My overall rating guys is a 9.0; please share any thoughts or questions anybody has and you will be very happy when you get your hands on an Aerosmith and get to play it.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Has anyone confirmed no dream on in the final wizard mode?
I hope this is something in future code update if it isn't there already.

There is multiple wizard modes in there but no Dream on yet

#24 7 years ago

I haven't written a review like this in some time for any games and this one deserves it because the bottom line is it is a ton of fun and it's bolted to the floor and sits right next to Metallica

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

My daughters are 32 and 23 and both like some Aerosmith songs. They grew up on 70's and 80's rock from their dad. They would rather listen to the Stones, Bowie, Zeppelin, Cream, Hendrix, Beatles, or Pink Floyd than any current music. I asked them which music pin should I get between Met and AS and they said no way to Met based on the music. Met is fun but I am not a metal fan so it will probably be AS. Kiss is out and AC/DC is just ok to me.

You won't regret it Aerosmith is just pure fun and has that pinball magic in it.

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The game is under the glass, not on the display

Game is under the glass and that is where Aerosmith shines and plays amazing unlike ghostbusters; which just plays off to me with all its air balls and sub par code.

#99 7 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I got a chance to play AS (and BM66) at league night last night. AS was fun, but there seems to be a bug during multiplayer. The chest stayed open UNTIL I locked a ball. Then it closed right as the ball was shot to the chest. This happened three times in a row and I was not able to lock any balls. Despite that, I am anxious to give it another try as it was fun to shoot. And as everyone has said, the artwork is awesome.

That is the way it should work what happens is if there are 2 balls locked and you are about to lock your second ball; then it acts like a virtual ball lock because another player already has 2 balls locked do it will hit the jester in the face then; I know they are working on the code with this part to speed it up and add some other stuff

#185 7 years ago

So I just can't stop playing this game it really is a game changer and the best game stern has put out in a long time; it just put FUN.

#188 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

In what way is it a game changer? I mean...yeah, if it's fun, that's awesome...but what's it going to do to change the game? It's a pretty standard layout...we've already seen Donny art, so - that's not new. Theme seems to be love it or leave it. Are the rules Lyman/Keith level?

Just wait to you play it and you will see why I say that it hits on all cylinders and yes the rules in the game are awesome. I've said it before this game is lonnies masterpiece

1 week later
#204 7 years ago

Just a quick update guys this game has it all it's pure fun and so far is the best game of this year; it kicks ass

1 week later
#210 7 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

"Dream On" is one of my favorites but has a long slow start. It might not be suitable unless they chopped the intro.

Yeah the 9 songs they picked are really good; I too wish there was maybe one or two more who knows maybe they might do it, but I doubt it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.75
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider musketd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-big-review-surprise-of-year?tu=musketd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.