View topic image gallery

gary rob brooke (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_1205 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#100 7 years ago

I played the Pro about three weeks ago in Switzerland. I got me right from the very first ball. Even though it was brutally set up. Any little nudge gave a tilt....

But LEDs are smooth and not so aggresive like on the other SPIKE machines, maybe they improved that with SPIKE2. The display looks great, the animations are way better than expected after seeing photos. The shots are fun AND they are "real shots" - not like the two Hobbit ramps, which can be hit backhand, forehand easily 11 out of 10 times

The toy (box) is one of the best toys ever - a real killer toy. You can load your lock randomly from the side, I am not sure whether I like that. I won't like it in tournament - especially if my opponent does not only get all inlanes but also tons of random locks But as someone said... you can lock with a skill shot, if you have already lit one or more locks. I like this idea... lock the ball, deny the multiball and quickly have your hand on the plunger to avoid a wild auto plunge - then use the short period before the re-autoplunge to set up a proper skill shot into the lock.

The MBs also look well designed. Qualifying for the elevator MB by shooting the orbits is very nice as also the reward of super modes for mode/song completion. There is some 2x and 3x scoring (not sure about how to qualify), there are add a balls... all great ingredients for a fun machine.

Will get mine before the week - it's been quite some time since I looked so much forward to carry a new machine downstairs.

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

For those that don't know the rules of the upper pf; you hit 5 targets fairly quickly then shoot the ramp and start double scoring, do it again while double scoring is active and you get triple scoring. There is only one way to skillfully and consciously start double scoring on the pro, and that's locking a ball in the toy box during toys mb. The other way is a random award via mystery - not so fun or strategic especially for competitive players. So the premium you can enable double/triple scoring during single ball play to really boost your super modes (which is what the game is missing if I'm being honest - single ball dynamic scoring). Or, you can build up for a huge 6x scoring + multipliers if you have triple scoring going + toys mb double scoring + standard multiplier shots. Holy Sweet emotion Batman, that's some serious scoring dynamics, strategies, and depth that the pro is lacking!

Many thanks for explaining this issue - I agree, that's nice for huge scoring but the price is (except of the extra money), that you have some typical tiny little chopping on a mini playfield. If you do not mind doing this, then lucky you (honestly) For me personally it is pure pain... anti pinball, sorry - I am exaggerating

Mini playfields are my "nemesis"... so don't take me too serious. I simply just don't like them at all. Exceptions are the non typical mini playfields on Shadow and Twilight Zone.

I am also more a player who goes for goals... completing missions, getting to wizard modes, etc. Scoring (i.e. maximizing CIU) can also be a goal, but it's just one among others.

So for me - 100% Pro... and this time lucky me, because that saves some money

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 12.75
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-big-review-surprise-of-year?tu=frg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.