View topic image gallery

gary rob brooke (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_1205 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 7 years ago

We've been down this well-worn Derek road before.

It's a fun game with a good audio and art package just like most Sterns. And it'll be out of Derek's collection in a couple months.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

So What? Derek is enjoying it now and wants to tell about it. Let it have his fun without being so negative.

Every single new game, ever, gets the "best game ever" review from Derek, and every single time I point out that his opinion on these games can be .... fluid.

That will never change on either account. Derek knows I love him. This has been going on for 15 years.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I spent some time on AS at AMOA and Pinmasters Champs in Dallas.
I'd concur with what Derek has to say mostly.
Seems to be a good fun game. While the layout is similar to KISS it plays quite differently.
I like the lock shot ... and of course the ball flying through the air is very cool. All the AS machines I played (2 pros and 1 premium) the ball lock flying trick worked perfectly. However Nimble tells me on the machines at Banning Expo, it is a bit touch and go.
If you want to see some footage of some good players playing AS, you can see it on the BATCITY twitch feed from Pinmasters. This machine was set up pretty tough though.
rd

The lock shot can be brutal to hit - it's a very tight, weird shot with bounce outs. First good skill shot in a LONG time on a Stern where you can drop it into a lit lock on the plunge.

#122 7 years ago

Aerosmith is super fun but why is this a surprise to anybody?

Stern consistiently and regularly churns out quality games that are fun, and they are the ONLY company that has been doing this since 1999. Aero is just another one. In 6 months they'll release another good game, everybody will hate it before they play it and then Derek will buy one and we'll get the same review.

I've only played Aero 4 times, all in competition this past weekend. Can't wait for some steady play on it and the usual advances when they fix the code. I'm told we'll have one at my bar on April 1. And the op would never joke about stuff like that even given the date!

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Back to Aerosmith! IT'S GRETA!!!!!

Certainly is Greta!

And the fact that Derek thinks it's awesome is indeed the surprise of the year! He's usually so brutal on new Stern games.

I'm still pissed I lost an RGP bet when 24 was released...I said he'd keep it 24 days. He ended up keeping it well over a month and it cost me 20 bucks to one of my most bitter RGP enemies. bastard.

Aero is landing at a bar near me in a week and I can't wait!

#163 7 years ago

"anti GB agenda" makes it sound so sinister, as does every complaint about an "agenda" on games on pinside.

it's an opinion, not an agenda. It's the whole point of this place.

#191 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

So I just can't stop playing this game it really is a game changer and the best game stern has put out in a long time; it just put FUN.

Derek I say this with all sincerity-

I like this game, and I'm interested in it when you sell it in a couple months. PLEASE contact me and give me first dibs before placing an ad!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.75
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-big-review-surprise-of-year?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.