Topic Stats

• 212 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Rob_G
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

gary rob brooke (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_1205 (resized).JPG

There are 212 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 2 years ago

Finally got a chance to play a few rounds on a pro this weekend. It was a lot of fun! Unfortunatley the place that had it was packed and I couldn't hear it or get really comfy on the game. I'll go back again sometime when its less busy to try and get to know it a little better but I certainly enjoy it much more than the Kiss that was in its place earlier.

#202 2 years ago

I got quite a few games in on both the pro and the premium over the weekend. Overall, I thought it was a pretty solid game. It's definitely lacking that new feeling that a lot of the other upcoming games have, however. Aerosmith is solid, but they really played it safe on the design. It just feels like something you've flipped before.

The right ramp is deceptively hard to hit consistently, but it's a great shot. Really smooth when you hit it. The orbits are great, and you can actually make the through the pops shot consistently. I'm still not a big fan of Borg's orbits to mid playfield pops that he does, but it's not a deal breaker.

After good time on both, I think that I prefer the pro. The upper playfield isn't AS BAD as people make it out to be, but it's still pretty weak. It does have some good rules paired with it, so it's a bummer that it's not a little more fun to flip. It's nice that it doesn't break the game's flow. But for the added cost the premium/LE demands, pro is what makes the most sense.

The only real gripes I have are the lock shot, Jacky's magnet, and the Aerosmith theme. I can look beyond the theme and enjoy the game, so that's not a big deal. I'm just no Aerosmith fan and the music gets tiresome. Jacky's magnet is a bummer. It's like Sparky, just feels less necessary. I don't know why Borg has to put a magnet in front of all his bash toys, but he needs to chill on that a bit. You get punished for making shots way too often with that noise. In fact, the only drains I really ever had were from Jacky or the pops doing something you couldn't recover from. The lock shot is just sloppy. 90% of the time when you "make" that shot, it's a ricochet off of something else, and clean shots quite often end up not sticking. It feels a little unfinished or forced.

Some of the things I really like are the skill shot, the ramps, and the basic strategy. The skill shot is great, because it allows you to avoid plunging to the pop bumpers completely, and you can get a lock out of it as well much more reliably than shooting for it. The ramps! The ramps are great. If there's one area that Borg is proving to be one of the best in, it's in how he designs his ramps. You'll never get sick of those things. They just feel so good. The basic strategy is also fun at this point. Starting songs, going to CIU, and allowing you to delay multiball (as you can in Mustang) is just great, especially since you can accidentally earn locks easily in this game (Jacky's magnet), and it gives you a chance to wait and stack. Good stuff. I'm sure code will deepen a bit with time, but Ropp has put out a good base. It has a good progression and flow to it. Understandable, but some challenge.

Aerosmith will probably do well, but there's no real big WOW factor. As said earlier, it all feels pretty familiar and it lacks any sort of risk taking or forward thinking. It does do those familiar things well, however, and that's often the most important part. I look forward to seeing what this will become with more time.

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Jacky's magnet is a bummer. It's like Sparky, just feels less necessary. I don't know why Borg has to put a magnet in front of all his bash toys, but he needs to chill on that a bit. You get punished for making shots way too often with that noise.

FYI - you can turn off the magnet in the settings - Problem Solved!

#204 2 years ago

Just a quick update guys this game has it all it's pure fun and so far is the best game of this year; it kicks ass

#205 2 years ago

Had a lot of fun on the premium that was at the Ohio show. Still would like to compare it to the pro.
Definitely one of the coolest ball locks around.
Not entirely sold on it long-term in my collection, I like a variety of shots. From The Limited plays I have on it it seems like the trunk, ball lock and ramp.
Probably will end up with one at some point and try it out in a home setting

#206 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Just a quick update guys this game has it all it's pure fun and so far is the best game of this year; it kicks ass

Alrighty D - I put about an hour on Aero Pro today. I enjoyed it! I'm not as gaga as you are, but it left a good first impression. It's pretty much what I thought it would be - a smooth playing Borg "best of". Rules seemed straight forward. I like how you can risk your multiball to add more balls to it. Screen was more impressive than I thought it would be. Good mix of 2D assets and cel-shaded 3D for Jacky. He character animation is a little too "Archer" for my tastes, but for a pinball display it's fine and its all cohesive.

Mind wasn't blown, but I'll take tried and true if it's fun. Don't see myself buying one, but if I was in the market for a new Stern, this would be the one I'd consider.

#207 2 years ago

With you on this Rare....we had LSOG open house today, with a couple hundred people, including Gary, as
part of the gang!

Aerosmith Surprised me....I enjoyed it enough to put it on my "maybe list".

Definitely high in the fun, one more game mode!

So, Im inviting you to Florida or Texas, on behalf of Ice, without his knowledge, to come and visit,
and spend a little time on GBLE playing well!

Think of Green Eggs and Ham.....you might like them in a Box with a Fox.

Weekends on me...Pickup, Dinner, all pinball....about 180 games within a short distance among the gang!

Id invite Levi.....but I fear hes too set in his ways....

Heres Rob, his wife Brook, and Gary, after winning 2 Playfields, and Gary Signing.....Hot, but Great day In Florida!

gary rob brooke (resized).jpg

#208 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, agree. I don't understand, other then to save money, why Stern only got the license for 9 songs. Also, a couple of the songs are just ok and Dream On (one of Aerosmiths top songs) isn't even in the game...

Wow... "Dream On" is not in the game? That's got to be one of the band's biggest hits. That would be like leaving out "Back in Black" on AC/DC.

#209 2 years ago

"Dream On" is one of my favorites but has a long slow start. It might not be suitable unless they chopped the intro.

#210 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

"Dream On" is one of my favorites but has a long slow start. It might not be suitable unless they chopped the intro.

Yeah the 9 songs they picked are really good; I too wish there was maybe one or two more who knows maybe they might do it, but I doubt it.

#211 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Wow... "Dream On" is not in the game? That's got to be one of the band's biggest hits. That would be like leaving out "Back in Black" on AC/DC.

Dream On might be an iconic song.

However, it isn't a pinball song.

The songs they have picked really suit the machine, and are great to play pinball to. When we were playing the Pro at Pinmasters, everyone was singing/humming the songs by the end of the day.

rd

3 weeks later
#212 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

BIB is the worst playing song in ACDC though.

Rob

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Women
The Flipper Room
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.75
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 50.00
Sale Pending!
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Machine - For Sale
Davie, FL
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
The Flipper Room
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 212 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside