(Topic ID: 284707)

Aerosmith 1.07 WTF Edition (Pro/Premium/LE)

By WhiskeyTango

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by wtatumjr
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 10.41.10 PM (resized).png
665F7A59-F831-4904-B2F9-6B3A12D27C86 (resized).jpeg
15A9E417-36D1-4A8B-B6FA-09E975BBC309 (resized).jpeg
BC7AA9E9-78D1-4C69-9AFF-713F973F9306 (resized).jpeg
9F32EE86-AF35-4819-B801-58BCD7351226 (resized).jpeg
237407C9-86F8-4CAE-A6F0-610C5D73E351 (resized).jpeg
D463FFEA-10DA-41AC-A0D6-01875E45DAA4 (resized).jpeg
CFBE677B-7FCA-4CBD-83BA-2A5C69C7BCAA (resized).jpeg
19DF5E13-C865-4B55-B416-5F34E79D6BE8 (resized).jpeg
89C5EFAB-079B-4869-A965-882B82B7ECFB (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

Aerosmith 1.07 WTF Edition (Pro/Premium/LE)

Spinning off a thread to work on customization of Aerosmith 1.07

v1.1 Release Notes

Content Changes:
- Replaced Dude Looks Like a Lady with original music video
- Replaced Dude1 video with clip from Mrs. Doubtfire
- Replaced Dude2 video with clip from Tootsie
- Replaced Dude3 video with clip from Rocky Horror
- Replaced Dude4 video with clip from Hairspray
- Replaced Dude5 video with clip from Birdcage
- Replaced Dude6 video with clip from Some Like It Hot (Not 100% happy with this one)
- Replaced Dude7 video with clip from Priscilla, Queen of The Desert
- Replaced Dude8 video with clip from To Wong Foo
- Replaced Last Child video with live performance from You Gotta Move
- Replaced Love In An Elevator video with original music video
- Replaced Love In An Elevator intro with clip from original music video
- Replaced Sweet Emotion video with original music video
- Replaced Toys In The Attic video with live performance from You Gotta Move
- Replaced VIP Pass video with clip from Wayne's World 2
- Replaced Walk This Way video with Run DMC music video
- Replaced Walk This Way audio with Run DMC version

Adjustments:
- Automatically set to Free Play

Notes:
- Looking for feedback and ideas.

- Per delt31 use ONLY win32img to install into your SD.
https://win32diskimager.download

Great post on how to save your scores:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/10#post-5782782

#2 3 years ago

Downloading Premium now.

#3 3 years ago

That sounds hilarious. Would love to see video.

#4 3 years ago

I'll try it at some point.
Following

#5 3 years ago

File is corrupt when extracting.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

File is corrupt when extracting.

JimB messaged it worked for him. Try downloading again.

#7 3 years ago

The one thing I really want to change right now are the tiles from Dude Looks Like a Lady(Scene 166). I replaced the eight dude videos, but the tiles that get displayed after you get them are still the old content. There are a lot of small image files to mess with and I'm going to see how long my patience lasts with that one.

Each overlay "animation" is 53 images they play in sequence to simulate a video. Need to think about how to make that work.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

- Replaced Walk This Way video with Run DMC music video
- Replaced Walk This Way audio with Run DMC version

ROCK ON!!! The Run DMC version is 10x better, I hate that they only seem to play the original version now. Never hear the Run DMC version on the radio anymore either.

#9 3 years ago

The one thing I really want to change right now are the tiles from Dude Looks Like a Lady(Scene 166). I replaced the eight dude videos, but the tiles that get displayed after you get them are still the old content. There are a lot of small image files to mess with and I'm going to see how long my patience lasts with that one.
Each overlay "animation" is 53 images they play in sequence to simulate a video. Need to think about how to make that work.

I think I have this figured out and will upload test version if anyone wants to try it out.

#10 3 years ago

Yo , your crazy . Shoot me that file when your done . I’ll try it in that Aerosmith I just picked up .

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

Yo , your crazy . Shoot me that file when your done . I’ll try it in that Aerosmith I just picked up .

File is linked above.

#12 3 years ago

Would love to see a video.

#13 3 years ago

It's like a 6.3g file, so it works with the Pro version?

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

ROCK ON!!! The Run DMC version is 10x better, I hate that they only seem to play the original version now. Never hear the Run DMC version on the radio anymore either.

NO way. The original blows that DMC version away. That's why you never hear that shit version on the radio.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

It's like a 6.3g file, so it works with the Pro version?

There are versions for the Pro or Premium/LE.

#16 3 years ago

I made the changes and while it worked in PinballBrowser, it came up as black boxes on my game. Given this, I'm going to table it for the moment and work on other items.

#17 3 years ago

Looking into video clips for that attract and score screens right now. I figure I'll use the music videos from songs that weren't featured on the game.

#18 3 years ago

I don't have my AS (yet), but truly appreciate what you are doing to enhance the game. thank you!

#19 3 years ago

Candidates:

Cryin' (Official Music Video)

Crazy (Official Music Video)

Jaded (Official HD Video)

Janie's Got A Gun (Official Music Video)

Wayne's World: Aerosmith - SNL

#20 3 years ago

I got a lot more videos if you want more options.

#21 3 years ago

Candidates:
Cryin' (Official Music Video)
Crazy (Official Music Video)
Jaded (Official HD Video)
Janie's Got A Gun (Official Music Video)
Wayne's World: Aerosmith - SNL

please a big "NO" on all of these!

#22 3 years ago

Crying’ is an easy choice if you want the classic Alicia silverstone/ get a grip video era. That said, I’d go with Livin’ on the edge.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

please a big "NO" on all of these!

I'm all for feedback, but what do you recommend?

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I got a lot more videos if you want more options.

Absolutely.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Crying’ is an easy choice if you want the classic Alicia silverstone/ get a grip video era. That said, I’d go with Livin’ on the edge.

There are five 20 second segments that can be replaced, so we can use more than one.

Livin' on The Edge is an excellent choice.

#26 3 years ago

Here are the videos I have access to in high quality:

Amazing
Angel
Crazy
Cryin
Dream On
Falling In Love Is Hard On The Knees
Fly Away From Here
I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
Janie's Got A Gun
Livin' On The Edge
Pink
Rag Doll
The Other Side

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Here are the videos I have access to in high quality:
Amazing
Angel
Crazy
Cryin
Dream On
Falling In Love Is Hard On The Knees
Fly Away From Here
I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
Janie's Got A Gun
Livin' On The Edge
Pink
Rag Doll
The Other Side

This is a great list and I put Dream On at the top of the list for the main video. Also, I think it might be cool to replace the 4 Lady videos for Dude Looks Like A Lady with some of the women from these videos.

#28 3 years ago

Good work so far on this, Whiskey. A main suggestion I have after downloading and installing your version is to sync the audio with the video. A few songs are not even matched up close and it's weird looking up at the screen seeing Steven Tyler singing during a guitar solo.

Here's gameplay video of one version I made back on Sept 27th.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vB8FWi3hhRedGn2o7

I've since changed it up and replaced Run DMC's Walk This Way with live Aerosmith video with the matching live audio. Also have since replaced the Sweet Emotion official video with live video and audio. The first 30 seconds of the Sweet EMotion video are boring AF and don't match the high energy vibe I'm going for now.

I also made two SD card versions. One with the stock Rats in the Cellar & Same Old Song and Dance animations because those modes have a lot of screen ovelays and tend to stutter and slow down the video. And another with those songs replaced with video which makes every single song animation replaced with video.

Also made a full version using Guitar Hero videos, which looks kind of cool. I'll take video of the new version tonight and upload it to the owner group tomorrow if anyone wants to see.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Good work so far on this, Whiskey. A main suggestion I have after downloading and installing your version is to sync the audio with the video. A few songs are not even matched up close and it's weird looking up at the screen seeing Steven Tyler singing during a guitar solo.
Here's gameplay video of one version I made back on Sept 27th.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/vB8FWi3hhRedGn2o7
I've since changed it up and replaced Run DMC's Walk This Way with live Aerosmith video with the matching live audio. Also have since replaced the Sweet Emotion official video with live video and audio. The first 30 seconds of the Sweet EMotion video are boring AF and don't match the high energy vibe I'm going for now.
I also made two SD card versions. One with the stock Rats in the Cellar & Same Old Song and Dance animations because those modes have a lot of screen ovelays and tend to stutter and slow down the video. And another with those songs replaced with video which makes every single song animation replaced with video.
Also made a full version using Guitar Hero videos, which looks kind of cool. I'll take video of the new version tonight and upload it to the owner group tomorrow if anyone wants to see.

Sounds cool. I really should have used the audio tracks off the videos when I made the changes, but I wasn't sure how far I would go. I think I'll go back and add the right audio tracks and see what works. The big disconnect will be with the live performances so I'll have to see what to do there.

#30 3 years ago

Sounds cool. I really should have used the audio tracks off the videos when I made the changes, but I wasn't sure how far I would go. I think I'll go back and add the right audio tracks and see what works. The big disconnect will be with the live performances so I'll have to see what to do there.

On this last revision is when I first used audio from a video instead of using the original track or a ripped track from a CD. But when I had a few ideas I realized I wanted a more live, concert feel to my game. Then I had to find not only a live video that looked good, but also a live performance where they sounded good. Hard to do for their classic songs. If the game was based on Pump onward, then you have plenty of quality videos - but shitty songs. lol

#31 3 years ago
15A9E417-36D1-4A8B-B6FA-09E975BBC309 (resized).jpeg15A9E417-36D1-4A8B-B6FA-09E975BBC309 (resized).jpeg237407C9-86F8-4CAE-A6F0-610C5D73E351 (resized).jpeg237407C9-86F8-4CAE-A6F0-610C5D73E351 (resized).jpeg665F7A59-F831-4904-B2F9-6B3A12D27C86 (resized).jpeg665F7A59-F831-4904-B2F9-6B3A12D27C86 (resized).jpeg9F32EE86-AF35-4819-B801-58BCD7351226 (resized).jpeg9F32EE86-AF35-4819-B801-58BCD7351226 (resized).jpegBC7AA9E9-78D1-4C69-9AFF-713F973F9306 (resized).jpegBC7AA9E9-78D1-4C69-9AFF-713F973F9306 (resized).jpegD463FFEA-10DA-41AC-A0D6-01875E45DAA4 (resized).jpegD463FFEA-10DA-41AC-A0D6-01875E45DAA4 (resized).jpegCFBE677B-7FCA-4CBD-83BA-2A5C69C7BCAA (resized).jpegCFBE677B-7FCA-4CBD-83BA-2A5C69C7BCAA (resized).jpeg19DF5E13-C865-4B55-B416-5F34E79D6BE8 (resized).jpeg19DF5E13-C865-4B55-B416-5F34E79D6BE8 (resized).jpeg89C5EFAB-079B-4869-A965-882B82B7ECFB (resized).jpeg89C5EFAB-079B-4869-A965-882B82B7ECFB (resized).jpeg
#32 3 years ago

Here's part fo the struggle with audio sync.
Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 10.41.10 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-12-31 at 10.41.10 PM (resized).png

The lengths of the Audio and Video tracks don't mesh well which presents an issue.
If you make either track longer, it will get cut off abruptly when a sequence ends, too short and it will show a black screen or silence and makes things a little rough.

On early builds, I had issues where the audio and video would go out of sync if a long animation sequence got triggered, etc.

Anyone have some experience here?

3 weeks later
#33 3 years ago

Work is slowing down and I'll be putting more time on this.

2 weeks later
#34 3 years ago

Going to need the video to play during DJ mixer mode.
Mixer mode is said to be coming to all sterns with next code update.

#35 3 years ago

Next code update will most likely be: Mixer Mode and EULA

2 weeks later
#36 3 years ago

Work is slowing down and I'll be putting more time on this.

Any progress?

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Any progress?

Yes and no. I still can't get the mini shots in Dude replaced properly and a couple of other items. I'll keep plugging away and upload something in the not too distant future.

#38 3 years ago

I just found this while looking for instruction cards. And I thought that Aerosmith was pretty much forgotten! I'm definitely glad that the Wayne's World stuff in there.

#39 3 years ago

I wanted to try this today but couldn't get the image to boot on my Aerosmith Pro. I can see now that I downloaded the LE images by mistake. It doesn't look like the google drive link has the files anymore I guess you are still changing them?

1 week later
#40 3 years ago
Quoted from textaddict:

I wanted to try this today but couldn't get the image to boot on my Aerosmith Pro. I can see now that I downloaded the LE images by mistake. It doesn't look like the google drive link has the files anymore I guess you are still changing them?

Make sure you're using a good SD card and win32diskimager.

11 months later
#41 2 years ago

The link posted above for the custom code no longer works does anyone have an updated link?

2 months later
#42 1 year ago

Hello,

I have an Aerosmith Premium

I would like to update some songs and videos

Could you help me ?

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from Dav_59_fr:

Hello,
I have an Aerosmith Premium
I would like to update some songs and videos
Could you help me ?

PoMC did the work for me. He might can help you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

6,984 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 12.75
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerosmith-107-wtf-edition-pro-premium-le?hl=scootss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.