(Topic ID: 285584)

Aerobatics Add-a-Ball: How should it work?

By callmedoor

10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by callmedoor
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 months ago

Hi all,

Does anyone have an information on how Zaccaria's Aerobatics ruleset works? Specifically, if I have it set to Add-a-Ball which conditions should trigger the ball count to step up on the backglass?

Right now, it steps up when I achieve a replay, but doesn't step up when I gain a "Bonus Ball". Instead, it acts like a "Same shooter shoot again" type of trigger where the ball count doesn't step down and I replay the same ball.

I don't know if this is the intended way that Add-a-Ball is supposed to work or not as this is my first EM, so any help is appreciated!

#2 10 months ago

Hi callmedoor
from what I read from You, ipdb (pictures and text) and looking into the schematics I say: To the different ways "Replay-Mode, Add-A-Ball-Mode is Extraball-Mode, Novelty-Play-Mode and true Add-A-Ball-Pins" - (A) I learned "Aerobatics" can be played (in Replay-Mode) making Replays and (one) EXTRA-Ball (called Bonus Ball) with a ball we are playing, having on the playfield - in play. (B) I learned "Aerobatics" may come as a true Add-A-Ball-Pin not having an Replay-Counter. (C) I learned "Aerobatics" Replay-Pin can be set / changed to true Add-A-Ball and still gives the chance to make one Extraball (called Bonus Ball) with a ball in play. This (C) way is new to me - we must check if this really is the truth.
Here https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=24&picno=77594 we see on the bottom the 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Game Over indicating "true Add-A-Ball, a new game starts on "Balls to Play 5" then as we play it slowly steps down to 4 then 3 ... . On the right of the ipdb-picture, a bit up we see text "Bonus Ball" - to me this is exactly the same as we are used to read "Same Player shoots Again (an Extraball)".

See here https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=24&picno=67174 - the backbox of a (true) Add-A-Ball pin - NOT HAVING an Replay-Counter. Question: In Your pin - is there an Replay-Counter ?
When You change the plugging to Replay-Mode - Question: Can You make that "Bonus Ball" to light up ? and You get what we normally call an "Extraball" ?
Normal Extraball: We are playing a ball, make "Extraball" lighted - loose the ball - bonus is counted down, given - stuff on the playfield resets - ball is kicked over to the shooter-alley NOT stepping to next player / next ball - and I then play the Extraball.

callmedoor - please answer my two questions. It would be great when an owner of an Aerobatics-Pin would chime in and tell us about the logic in play.

Side note: The ipdb-schematics is a bit confusing - the mentioned "Extra Play Unit" is (to me) Replay Unit --- many strange wording and Argh - GAME-RELAY - I always have problems understanding an GAME-Relay. Greetings Rolf

#3 10 months ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Hi callmedoor
from what I read from You, ipdb (pictures and text) and looking into the schematics I say: To the different ways "Replay-Mode, Add-A-Ball-Mode is Extraball-Mode, Novelty-Play-Mode and true Add-A-Ball-Pins" - (A) I learned "Aerobatics" can be played (in Replay-Mode) making Replays and (one) EXTRA-Ball (called Bonus Ball) with a ball we are playing, having on the playfield - in play. (B) I learned "Aerobatics" may come as a true Add-A-Ball-Pin not having an Replay-Counter. (C) I learned "Aerobatics" Replay-Pin can be set / changed to true Add-A-Ball and still gives the chance to make one Extraball (called Bonus Ball) with a ball in play. This (C) way is new to me - we must check if this really is the truth.
Here https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=24&picno=77594 we see on the bottom the 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Game Over indicating "true Add-A-Ball, a new game starts on "Balls to Play 5" then as we play it slowly steps down to 4 then 3 ... . On the right of the ipdb-picture, a bit up we see text "Bonus Ball" - to me this is exactly the same as we are used to read "Same Player shoots Again (an Extraball)".
See here https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=24&picno=67174 - the backbox of a (true) Add-A-Ball pin - NOT HAVING an Replay-Counter. Question: In Your pin - is there an Replay-Counter ?
When You change the plugging to Replay-Mode - Question: Can You make that "Bonus Ball" to light up ? and You get what we normally call an "Extraball" ?
Normal Extraball: We are playing a ball, make "Extraball" lighted - loose the ball - bonus is counted down, given - stuff on the playfield resets - ball is kicked over to the shooter-alley NOT stepping to next player / next ball - and I then play the Extraball.
callmedoor - please answer my two questions. It would be great when an owner of an Aerobatics-Pin would chime in and tell us about the logic in play.
Side note: The ipdb-schematics is a bit confusing - the mentioned "Extra Play Unit" is (to me) Replay Unit --- many strange wording and Argh - GAME-RELAY - I always have problems understanding an GAME-Relay. Greetings Rolf

Rolf,

I would also love for someone who owns one to chime in and give us some direction. I can tell you that I have an Aerobatics that has both the Replay Counter/Stepper AND an Add-a-Ball mode with my current machine set to Add-a-Ball.

In regards to lighting Bonus Ball in Replay mode, yes, it works as intended.

I don't know if this helps, but in Add-a-Ball mode I just lit Special AND Bonus Ball at the same time. When I trigger the switch for Special without Bonus Ball lit, it replays the same ball as well. So, in this particular case I had both lit and drained and I only received "Same player shoots again" where the ball counter didn't step down, but stayed on the current ball. I would think in Add-a-Ball the Special switch would add a ball and then on drain it would add another ball giving me TWO balls. However, I don't know if that is how the game is wired.

I have a hard time reading schematics, but I am learning. Bear with me.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside