Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
WP_20161222_11_32_01_Pro (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Hi All

I have a Zaccaria Aerobatics on loan and I've noticed that the feature lights (LEDs) in a couple of areas are always dimly lit. It has LEDs and I've measured around 3V on the lamps that are dim and should be off. I've attached a photo of the problem - in the bonus area at the bottom the middle one (50000) is correctly the lit and the rest (apart from 80000?) are dimly lit. Similarly on the Loop the Loop area (middle left) only the bottom lamp should be lit and the rest (apart from ABCDE insert?) are dim. Other areas such as ABCDE and the lamps around the top hole are ok. Also in game the features increment correctly but the remaining lamps are dim.

I appreciate that LEDs may highlight the problem but I'm pretty sure when I first had the machine it was fine.

Many thanks for any advice to t/shoot this.

WP_20161222_11_32_01_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20161222_11_32_01_Pro (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Hi I don't have that pin, but 3 volts is more than enough to light an led.
I would suspect that your light circuit does not provide a "0" volt output in a low state.
You would have to look at the schematic to see what the component configuration currently is, to determine if a pull down resistor will fix the issue, or if you need to dig deeper.

#3 7 years ago

Thanks for the advice, I'm new to EMs and their schematics and cant find the bonus increment lamps at all on the soft copy I have for this game. These were all working ok initially (with LEDs) and since I've only had to move/replace a couple of bulbs and lift the playfield so I've changed something to cause this.

I've found the Loop-the-Loop lamps in the 6V section controlled by their own stepper that cycles them - does this mean they should be out of circuit when the stepper arrow doesn't have them selected?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4 7 years ago

ok, my bad, did not know this was an EM.
if the snippet you posted is for the loop unit,them one lite shud always be on. unless there is a cut out on one of the power rails.
there shud be a bonus unit controlling the bonus lites

#5 7 years ago

I've had the playfield up today and identified the bonus unit and the three other stepper units the game supports. The bonus unit and loop-the-loop stepper are both dimly lighting all their connected lamps at approx 3V and the one selected correctly at 6V AC. The other two stepper controlled banks are lit correctly.

What is confusing me, is per the schematic snippet above for loop-the-loop, the un-selected bulbs I read as being switched out of circuit so how can they be lit at all? I've checked the loop-the-loop stepper closely on the lamp switching side and there are no shorts across the wire contacts as the wiper moves across. If it helps, I've attached a photo circling some of the connected bulbs and the side of the stepper I've been checking.

What I have noticed in common is that the two banks playing up are connected to a common return path vs the banks that are working correctly.

Thanks for any help I think I'm missing something basic.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aerobatics-feature-lamps-led-always-dim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.