By Loupie

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

This might be a good one not to miss. "His collection ranges from thousands of pinball machines, video games...".

http://www.shorenewstoday.com/snt/news/index.php/wildwood-mainmenu/wildwood-leader/13728-sennas-retro-arcade-full-of-boardwalk-nostalgia-.html

#2 8 years ago

Wow! American Pickers hit a place that had a game room and they bought a cocktail table pin, but they had a few rows of machines.

I'm not kidding when I say we could build quite a support group for an intervention. 20 storage containers and a department store of mannequins??? This man needs to have an amusement park as his home. How cool would that be?

Have you all heard of this man before?

#3 8 years ago

Thanks for the heads-up, Loupie! Should be a fascinating episode.

#4 8 years ago

How can I watch without cable/sat? I only get HDTV over the air...

#5 8 years ago

DVR is set thanks!

#6 8 years ago

Nice story

#7 8 years ago

Nice heads up...

#8 8 years ago

I kinda afraid to watch.....I saw the "Special when lit" documentary and it scared me....I had a dream I had so many pinball machines that I was sleeping on one.

#9 8 years ago

Man, I haven't been to Wildwood since I graduated High School.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from wesperron:

I had a dream I had so many pinball machines that I was sleeping on one.

I've had dreams about running out of space due to pinball machines... only I slept *under* them.

#12 8 years ago

That was an, um, interesting intro. We pinheads are a strange bunch.

#13 8 years ago

Damn is there a replay???

#14 8 years ago

I am watching the "Randyland" episode of Hoarders right now. Wow. Interesting personality cluster there. Manikins of himself and bags of his hair? Hmmmmm......... I hope he keeps the best of his stuff and sells the rest, but amusement machines- by definition- exist to amuse, not be stacked in a tractor-trailer! Randy, open an exclusive pinball club and let all us pinheads visit!

#15 8 years ago

Holy Guacamole!

The RandyLand mannequins are creepy. Is that just me?

I'm wondering if he has pins from the 80's, 90's, 00's?
    So far all I've seen are the older models...

He definitely has alot of STUFF.

#16 8 years ago

It'll replay at 1am on the east coast, sweet! I now have it set on my dvr.

#17 8 years ago

Just got done watching it. I would have given him the finger if he told me I was too dumb to move his machines. Nice collection though. Next time I am in Wildwood I will stop by. Might be another 20 years but...

#18 8 years ago

I'm surprised at least one of the backglass didn't get broke in the move. Some were moved with legs on and some off. Randy's right sometimes you have to get involved in a move when it's your stuff. My heaviest machine is a GoldenTee around 300+lbs.

#20 8 years ago

Great Link way2wyrd
    that Randy guy has some pins - maybe I should go down there?

#21 8 years ago

WOW!!! WAS THAT PINHEAD HEAVEN???? Randy has one heck of a lot of pins!!! He may be out there just a little but, and I hate to say this, he was not wrong for wanting to move his machines with care. I wouldn't want someone to move my machines that didn't know how to...... I also have to say I'd love to have just two days to play as many of those pins as I could!!!!!!!! Looks like he had mostly em pins from the 60's and 70's though, I sure would have liked to see them all.

#22 8 years ago

My understanding is that he used to operate an arcade with his machines but put everything in storage due to some health issues with his parents. That wasn't brought up in the episode - I'm assuming because it made for better tv if everyone thinks he hasn't ever done anything with his machines and that they are stepping in and saving him. The lady hoarder they profiled in that same episode was seriously disturbing!

#23 8 years ago

Randyland is about 20 minutes from me, I'll be stopping in sometime this summer to check out his collection. He is definitely a strange but interesting character!

#24 8 years ago

Hey Fusion if you see him tell him about the Pinside
    be cool to have him on board

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

Heres the link to the episode

thanks wayward. that made my night. that guy is a total idiot savant... he is just like that set in his strange and 'different' mentality. I'd like to meet randy, hope his 'new' arcade works out. don't really know what the date of this episode was.

anybody know?

#26 8 years ago

I think probably most of it is just for the show, ominous music etc. Randy did seem a little wierd but he is definately an interesting character. He probably also nominated himself for the show, heck free advertising worldwide! I'll go if I get the chance, those rules that you can only get a licence if you open an arcade on the boardwalk is complete BS.

#27 8 years ago

I found him to be eccentric, but sympathetic. Even with all the TV BS obstuction and editing involved.

#28 8 years ago

I found Randy to be a little eccentric as well. Same for the characters interviewed in "Special When Lit". Whats up with that? I know Im a little off, , but had no idea so many other pinheads were like that.

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

Randy did seem a little wierd

a *little* weird? the guy had manikins made in his own image and keeps his cut hair in plastic tubs! i'd say that's more than a little weird. but i did enjoy that episode ...

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from fusion301:

Randyland is about 20 minutes from me, I'll be stopping in sometime this summer to check out his collection. He is definitely a strange but interesting character!

Get him to take a picture with you, and post it in this thread.

The one thing I will give him alot of credit for is his love for pinball and arcades, and the fact
    that his entire stash/warehouse wasn't littered with refuse/garbage/rats, mice, feces, and all the other really horrible things you see when you watch an episode of hoarders.

I have more respect for the hoarders that aren't living in garbage and filth, and if it's just a matter of collecting that turns into hoarding I have a better understanding of that than the people who refuse to clean up their homes when it's very visble to the human eye that they are living in
    filth, that's it's hazardous to their health and their families health and they need to throw out the trash, clean up the joint and get the help they need.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 46.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 4,199.00
    $ 17.50
    Hardware
    Pinball Haus
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 4.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    ULEKstore
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    $ 180.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Customs
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 18.99
    Playfield - Protection
    PinShield
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 339.00
    $ 19.95
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 18.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside