• Pirates of the Caribbean LE 16 votes
    42%
  • Medieval Madness Remake 12 votes
    32%
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Prem 2 votes
    5%

(38 votes)

#1 4 months ago

I am in the market for one final pin to add to my collection. I already have MET Prem, TWD Prem, GB Prem. I can't fit more than four. I've modded the living daylights out of my other machines and simply love them and will not sell them until I am ready to down size/retired which is another 12-15 years away.

Unfortunately, I dont have time to travel to shows to actually test drive new pins, so I have to make a selection based off user feedback, game play videos , and overall appearance and layout.

Factors in my overall decision making process from most important to least:

game play longevity
overall aesthetics (artwork, mod-ability)
fun factor

I have narrowed down my selection to five targeted pins in the following order from highest to lowest.

Dead Pool Prem - Love the artwork, fan of dead pool, game play seems open
MMR - Instant classic, Nice artwork, concerned about repetitiveness and longevity of game play
Pirates of the Caribbean LE - art
Iron Maiden Prem - I am not a fan of band music, I heard good things about game play
GOTG Prem - Feedback seems that the code is better than launch but repetitive, I already own Metallica and has a similar layout

I'd love to get some feedback based on my requirements.

Thanks, all!

#2 4 months ago

Mbr not on your list but it’s amazing.

#3 4 months ago

MBR is a beautiful game but I am not crazy about the game play longevity.

#4 4 months ago

I would get maiden but if you don't like the theme dead pool is a great choice.

#5 4 months ago

POTC- Great long ball time, variety of things to do and numerous shots that feel great. Can't go wrong with this title.

#6 4 months ago

Of your choices, I like MMr just for variety. Deadpool is a blast, though. Those 2 would be my picks.

#7 4 months ago

Based on your collection I'd say Deadpool or IronMaiden.

#8 4 months ago

heya luvthatapex, I remember you from the VP fourms days.

#9 4 months ago

I couldn't name a single maiden song prior to buying it, but its one of the best games I've ever owned imo. To me, the music is just pinball background music as I play the game

#10 4 months ago

From your list of preferences, I would say Deadpool fits the best. It's getting a lot of love right now so pretty safe bet gameplay wise.

For me, fun factor is #1 and that would be Iron Maiden. Gameplay is superb but theme sucks. I also don't think great games have to be super deep. MM would make for nice variety since you don't have any classics.

I don't see keeping the same lineup for 12-15 years. Why not trade out a game every year or so?

#11 4 months ago

If they were stock I would consider but I still have fun playing them and I've modded the living crap out of them - they look so sexy.

#12 4 months ago

If you want more of the same then I’d go with IMDN or DP. IMDN has the better, smoother layout, but DP is a ton of fun/humor. If you want some variety in game play style then POTC is amazing, but I think it is more suited to someone who has above average skills and likes the challenge/strategy of deep rules.

#13 4 months ago

POTC also has the best mods by far.

#14 4 months ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

POTC also has the best mods by far.

I am realizing POTC LE will be hard to get locally as you can't get NIB anymore. For some reason I was under the impression they were still available for JJP. I am not going to spend 10K for a used one.

#15 4 months ago

I'm not a maiden music fan, but it grows on you, some songs I've never heard b4 I owned game I really like. It's a great game, never gets old. Dont know how you can go wrong with it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside