Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

67110915394__6E68060D-3B27-454A-9728-360B78C4163D (resized).jpg
IMG_7116 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deleenhe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

My Wpc 95 AV board is working but the volume is very low. I've swaped boards with another machine to verify its on the AV. I did the high voltage rebuild and it's still the same, working but low sounds. So where is the bad component or what is the bad component?
I don't think the high voltage kit has the item that is the culprit. I also replaced all 4 of the big caps. Same as before. If I turn volume up at coin door it sounds fine but I have to have it all the way up to sound how it would about in the middle level on a normal working game. I didn't do the dmd section rebuild as dmd looks fine (transistors)

I have a similar problem suddenly on my AFM, did you ever fix this issue?

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

The OP replaced parts that had nothing to do with the issue.
The board has 4 1uf caps that are in the audio path. They can fail, but usually this results in either the cabinet or head speakers being weak. Replacing these might help.

Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
Http://chrishiblerpinball.com/contact
http://www.PinWiki.com/ - The new place for pinball repair info

Thanks Chris. The sound on both the cabinet and head is low, unplugging either has no effect on the other. Looking at the component list on that board I don't see any 1uf cap, can you point me to the right one? I also checked voltage at J605-7 and -11 and got 13VAC vs the 18V that the manual states, do you know if this is normal or a sign of an upstream problem? Thanks.

67110915394__6E68060D-3B27-454A-9728-360B78C4163D (resized).jpg67110915394__6E68060D-3B27-454A-9728-360B78C4163D (resized).jpgIMG_7116 (resized).JPGIMG_7116 (resized).JPG
#6 1 year ago
Quoted from scooter8416:

C38, C39, C43, C44
Do you have aftermarket speakers?

Aftermarket speaker in the cabinet, stock in the head. Worked fine until yesterday although I have had it powered down for a few weeks working on refurb.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

13V vs 18V could be the issue.
You didn’t swap transformers, did you?

Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
Http://chrishiblerpinball.com/contact
http://www.PinWiki.com/ - The new place for pinball repair info

No, didn't do anything transformer related but I will start looking at all the supply wiring and see if something is amiss.

#11 1 year ago

I just discovered the 3" tweeter has no continuity so it needs to be replaced. Could this cause the whole system volume to drop?

#12 1 year ago

Ok, so I finally figured out my problem and despite the embarrassment this will cause me, if it saves someone else from my mistake, so be it. A previous owner has installed a potentiometer to control the volume in this machine. I did not realize that it only connects to the speakers in the backbox, I figured this out today while tracing the wiring. I also did not realize that the adjustment buttons on the coin door control overall volume, I'm guessing the pot was to turn down the high frequencies while having the cabinet speaker loud for lots of bass. Anyway, at some point of messing around I must have inadvertently turned down the volume with the buttons, probably while trying to work through the menus with the display disconnected. I turned it back up and miraculously everything is fine. Now I just have a tweeter to replace so at least this led me to that problem. Thanks for the advice along the way.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
£ 38.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
Led
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
12,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 249.00
Playfields
Starcade Amusement
Playfields
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
Led
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 69.99
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deleenhe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advise-on-a-wpc-95-av-low-sound?tu=deleenhe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.