Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by 0geist0
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drag0nball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

Hello all, I would like some advise on purchasing a No Good Gophers Machine, and would like to know what to offer, here are some facts.

* Was routed and was shipped abroad to France, used there, and back to US and routed.

* The coin door and mech is an import not US, but it is set for homeplay where it would be used.

* Playfield looks decent but filthy, unshopped, there is some damage under the ramp, where it hit the playfield. I understand there is a decal out there for that.

* The wheel spinner works good but needs a decal.

*On the sides of the cabinet there is damage on the Headboard, small chunks of wood missing on both sides, looks like some bondo work there, and would have to match paint.

* Some minor nicks and scratches on the cabinet and on the metal

* All electronics work, and games plays good.

On a scale of A-F, like a school grade I would give:

*C-: for it's history, since it was abroad to france and used, then back to states and used on route, and it's coin operation is import.

*C- for cabinet, since it has some damage that would need some bondo work and paint (missing wood from bangs) both sides of headboard, but rest of the cabinet looks decent and graphics decent some nicks and scratches, nothing major.

* C- for the playfield since it is filthy, unshopped, some damage under the slam ramp, but the rest of it looks decent as far as damage, but still dirty, some small parts may need replacing.

* B+ for the guts, electronics and playabilty. All electronics look in decent shape and game plays fine.

Thank you very much.

#3 12 years ago

1800? even with the missing wood damage on both sides of headboard of the cabinet? Sounds a little high, would I be out of line offering $800? remember its history, damage to cabinet, damage to playfield ect...

Thanks again for advise...

#8 12 years ago

Thanks for the comments all. It is much appreciated. To further detail the situation, it 's not for a NGG game in decent condition, it is beatup and banged up on the cab and some of the playfield, as in missing some headboard wood from the sides, from hitting walls it appears, damage under the ramp on the playfield, ect.

Since I don't have time and i'm not into restorations, I would have to pay someone to fully shop it, restoring it from it's filthy condition, fix the wood situation and other scratches, ect.

I apologize for leaving out the part where i would have to pay someone to restore it and phsically fix the banged up parts. It does not sound cheap to do all that, I'm thinking a grand, which would put it at $1800, around where you guys said.

With this new info, where do you think i should start on an offer? Im still at $800 + $1000 to pay someone to restore the poor thing and bring it back where it should be.

#15 12 years ago

Great info, I think $1500 is a closer offer from what you guys are saying, then I will pay someone to fix everything, should come out to around $2500. Thanks again

#17 12 years ago

Yes, the one I am looking at has a enclosed black box, it just happens to have to crush marks on both side from hitting something hard. Two gouges of wood missing on each side. looks rather ugly but Im sure it can be fixed, maybe with maybe bondo in the hands of someone with that knowledge.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drag0nball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advise-on-a-no-good-gophers?tu=drag0nball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.