Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by 0geist0
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Hello all, I would like some advise on purchasing a No Good Gophers Machine, and would like to know what to offer, here are some facts.

* Was routed and was shipped abroad to France, used there, and back to US and routed.

* The coin door and mech is an import not US, but it is set for homeplay where it would be used.

* Playfield looks decent but filthy, unshopped, there is some damage under the ramp, where it hit the playfield. I understand there is a decal out there for that.

* The wheel spinner works good but needs a decal.

*On the sides of the cabinet there is damage on the Headboard, small chunks of wood missing on both sides, looks like some bondo work there, and would have to match paint.

* Some minor nicks and scratches on the cabinet and on the metal

* All electronics work, and games plays good.

On a scale of A-F, like a school grade I would give:

*C-: for it's history, since it was abroad to france and used, then back to states and used on route, and it's coin operation is import.

*C- for cabinet, since it has some damage that would need some bondo work and paint (missing wood from bangs) both sides of headboard, but rest of the cabinet looks decent and graphics decent some nicks and scratches, nothing major.

* C- for the playfield since it is filthy, unshopped, some damage under the slam ramp, but the rest of it looks decent as far as damage, but still dirty, some small parts may need replacing.

* B+ for the guts, electronics and playabilty. All electronics look in decent shape and game plays fine.

Thank you very much.

#2 12 years ago

I paid $2400 for one that was recently shopped..had some LED's and the slam ramp decal already installed. I think I over payed by about $200...I would say $1800?

#3 12 years ago

1800? even with the missing wood damage on both sides of headboard of the cabinet? Sounds a little high, would I be out of line offering $800? remember its history, damage to cabinet, damage to playfield ect...

Thanks again for advise...

#4 12 years ago

Maybe the damage is worse than I am gathering from your post. I could be wrong but I think $800 would be a steal!

#5 12 years ago

Yeah - $800 and I'd buy sight unseen. I honestly could care less about the cabinet and the coin door. All I care about is PF wear (not dirt) and it working 100%. Everything else is just elbow grease. I would love to find one, even in that condition, for sub $1500. All the ones I've seen were $3K+. I like NGG but not for $3K thus why it's not really on my wanted list. Super fun pin.

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from drag0nball:

1800? even with the missing wood damage on both sides of headboard of the cabinet? Sounds a little high, would I be out of line offering $800? remember its history, damage to cabinet, damage to playfield ect...

Why don't you post pictures of the game?

I too was thinking $1800--but judging by your reaction, the game must be worse than the picture you paint.

Let me put it this way: $800 for NGG is virtually unheard of.

#7 12 years ago

$800.00 for ngg no way !!!! If you pick it up for that it would be a steal love my ngg !!!I'm honestly suprised it is as cheap as it is last pat lawlor game for wms bally and low production number expect prices to rise on ngg in the future what does everyone eles think ??????????

#8 12 years ago

Thanks for the comments all. It is much appreciated. To further detail the situation, it 's not for a NGG game in decent condition, it is beatup and banged up on the cab and some of the playfield, as in missing some headboard wood from the sides, from hitting walls it appears, damage under the ramp on the playfield, ect.

Since I don't have time and i'm not into restorations, I would have to pay someone to fully shop it, restoring it from it's filthy condition, fix the wood situation and other scratches, ect.

I apologize for leaving out the part where i would have to pay someone to restore it and phsically fix the banged up parts. It does not sound cheap to do all that, I'm thinking a grand, which would put it at $1800, around where you guys said.

With this new info, where do you think i should start on an offer? Im still at $800 + $1000 to pay someone to restore the poor thing and bring it back where it should be.

#9 12 years ago

I think the value in getting a beater is to fix it up yourself. This is close to half of the fun in this hobby. If you are going to pay to restore the machine, I think you are better off getting a nice one to begin with as I will be quite suprised if you can get that one for <$1500.

Although, I might be worried that the price may be headed upward as I think people are realizing that NGG is a $3000 pin all day long.

#10 12 years ago

You can try offering $800, but be ready to be laughed at and shown the door. The boards alone are worth close to that. You are offering parts machine money for what sounds like a fairly typical route machine. If you are serious about the machine, I honestly think you should be offering at least $1500. Even that will be a stretch.

No offense, but I think you are expecting way too much value decrease due to it being a reimport and having a dirty playfield. If a little wear under the ramp is the only playfield issue, that's really not a big deal. That's very typical on this game. A banged up cab is par for the course on a route game. Hard to judge the extent without pics, but honestly I'm not hearing anything to make me believe this is only worth $800, much less double that.

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from drag0nball:

Thanks for the comments all. It is much appreciated. To further detail the situation, it 's not for a NGG game in decent condition, it is beatup and banged up on the cab and some of the playfield, as in missing some headboard wood from the sides, from hitting walls it appears, damage under the ramp on the playfield, ect.
Since I don't have time and i'm not into restorations, I would have to pay someone to fully shop it, restoring it from it's filthy condition, fix the wood situation and other scratches, ect.
I apologize for leaving out the part where i would have to pay someone to restore it and phsically fix the banged up parts. It does not sound cheap to do all that, I'm thinking a grand, which would put it at $1800, around where you guys said.
With this new info, where do you think i should start on an offer? Im still at $800 + $1000 to pay someone to restore the poor thing and bring it back where it should be.

So even with paying someone $1000 to fix it up, you are still expecting to only be $1800 into a fully shopped and at least semi-restored NGG? That is a nice goal, but completely unrealistic. Sorry. If you are expecting the cabinet to be all fixed up, playfield to be repaired, and fully shopped, you are talking about a ~$2500 machine, maybe more.

Best of luck!

#12 12 years ago

Also the headboard...this pin uses decals so painting it probably won't looks so good unless its very small minor touchup. I have not seen any NGG decals out there but they may exist. Do the Gofers work good?

#13 12 years ago

A decent routed working NGG can get $2.5-3k. It is a under rated game for sure, it was a 2k game a few years ago. I have never heard of decals being produced at any time for this game. If it is a complete, non-working beater I would expect to pay $1200-1800. NGG is a fantastic game, some of the greatest shots in pinball, excellent humor, DMD and rules. Buy it

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from drag0nball:

You are trying to talk this down to lower the price but thats not going to work. As you describe it most people on this group would snap that up for 1500 at least. If the game failed to even start and the front was falling off and it was missing a bckglass you might be in $800 land. Hell there is a whitewater on eBay right now that went through a flood and looks to be crumbling to peices fetching $800+. Just stating the facts.........if you get that for $800 you practically stole it.

#15 12 years ago

Great info, I think $1500 is a closer offer from what you guys are saying, then I will pay someone to fix everything, should come out to around $2500. Thanks again

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Also the headboard...this pin uses decals so painting it probably won't looks so good unless its very small minor touchup. I have not seen any NGG decals out there but they may exist. Do the Gofers work good?

I know there were no cabinet decals on NGG (the first Bally/Williams game to receive decals was MB in July of 1998; CC was #2), but I can't remember about the backbox on this one if it had decals or not--I thought this game was completely screened?

#17 12 years ago

Yes, the one I am looking at has a enclosed black box, it just happens to have to crush marks on both side from hitting something hard. Two gouges of wood missing on each side. looks rather ugly but Im sure it can be fixed, maybe with maybe bondo in the hands of someone with that knowledge.

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from NM:

mandelbloom said:Also the headboard...this pin uses decals so painting it probably won't looks so good unless its very small minor touchup. I have not seen any NGG decals out there but they may exist. Do the Gofers work good?

I know there were no cabinet decals on NGG (the first Bally/Williams game to receive decals was MB in July of 1998; CC was #2), but I can't remember about the backbox on this one if it had decals or not--I thought this game was completely screened?

Yea it may be screened actually my bad.

#19 12 years ago

first of all this thread is misleading, the so called buyer here was actually the seller, and accepted the offer of $800, nobody twisted his arm, all he had to say was no to the offer and we would have walked away, and yes the pin is a beater that needs plenty of work

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Boards
PinSound

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advise-on-a-no-good-gophers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.