(Topic ID: 30351)

Advice Wanted: WPC BackBox Warning Decals

By kmoore88

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0197 (resized).JPG
    Solid_Black.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Anyone used either of these?

1) Solid black version - Does this one cover the enter back? or does it leave a seam visible?

www.ebay.com/itm/WPC-WPC-95-GENERIC-Black-Yellow-Text-BACKBOX-WARNING-DECAL-Pinball-Machine-/230830405325

2) Clear version - Concerned this one will leave visible bubbles, etc:

http://mrpinballa.cart.net.au/details/2789119.html

I know re-screening is the best method but i'm not set up for that. Solid_Black.jpgSolid_Black.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Yes it will cover the entire back.

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from bballfan:

Yes it will cover the entire back.

Thanks!

#4 11 years ago

Find someone with a screen. The stickers look like crap IMO.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Find someone with a screen. The stickers look like crap IMO.

yeah... i was anticipating that response

Hmmm, anyone near eastern Iowa have the screen?

#6 11 years ago

I also 2nd that response.. dont put a sticker on it.

I originally wondered if the thread title meant you read and were asking if it was worth heading

6 years later
    #7 5 years ago

Bringing up this old posting from six years ago...LOL. And I was wondering if anyone has a better solution these days other then silk screening? Is there some other decal nowadays that looks just as good as silkscreen? I need one for my CC cabinet.

John

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Bringing up this old posting from six years ago...LOL. And I was wondering if anyone has a better solution these days other then silk screening? Is there some other decal nowadays that looks just as good as silkscreen? I need one for my CC cabinet.
    John

Cmon John, your pins deserve the best

#9 5 years ago

I'd prefer silkscreening to a giant sticker.

There was someone selling a backbox warning silkscreen kit for a while:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-williams-wpc-backbox-warningpatent-silk-screens

[edit]: It sounds like he had one kit available as of a couple weeks ago: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-williams-wpc-backbox-warningpatent-silk-screens/page/6#post-4905800

#10 5 years ago

I'd rather have the original back there or just painted black than putting a sticker on it. It's just not 'right'.... if you're that anal about your pins that you want the cabinet to be perfect, why ruin it with something non-original that doesn't ever look right?

#11 5 years ago

I used the black sticker once and don’t like it and it was cut crooked 1/4”difference from one corner to the other. Would have been a little better if it was bigger and can trim and sand. I was clearing the whole cabinet so that helped with the Shen of the decal versus painted areas.
    I would just leave it black or silk screen

#12 5 years ago

Thanks guys I'll consider it. Got another question, what about the white serial number sticker? Can anyone reproduce one for me with my serial number on it?

John

IMG_0197 (resized).JPGIMG_0197 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #13 5 years ago

He did, but I purchased it from him. There is just no better way to do this and if you are doing a HEP level restorations you just need to have the back silkscreened.

1 year later
    #14 3 years ago

What is a HEP level restoration???

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-wanted-wpc-backbox-warning-decals?hl=slochar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.