• Trade CV for AC/DC 17 votes
    68%
  • Trade Tron for AC/DC plus $ 3 votes
    12%
  • Sell ToM and buy another older game 3 votes
    12%

(25 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 11 years ago

I've found myself in an interesting spot..
I've got a ToM I've put a lot of time and effort into and looks fantastic...it's up F/S.
I've just picked up a CV which I'm working on.

I've had my eye on AC/DC for a while. Haven't spent a ton of time playing them, but seems like a fun gig.

Had an offer for a trade for ToM + around $2k for an AC/DC prem
I also had an offer for a straight trade for CV for a NIB AC/DC prem.

I'm actually all sorts of torn up on this. I'm thinking that the ToM I'm ready to part with, but I don't think I've got the cash on hand to make the difference up.
The CV I wasn't even considering, but that's one heck of an offer.

Thoughts?

Personally I love the bally/williams games, they are fun to play, but I also have a blast working on them. But they don't seem to have super-long staying power. The Sterns I have (IM and Tron) I don't work on but I really enjoy playing them.

#2 11 years ago

Which TRON do you have? LE or Pro?

#3 11 years ago

...sorry, just checked your lineup in your profile. I'd sell ToM and put it towards another game (old or new). That's what I did and I haven't looked back.

#4 11 years ago

Wow...no other comments, huh?

#5 11 years ago

get rid of th CV and some fun with ACDC!

#6 11 years ago

IMO you can't go wrong with either of the two options. If you can pull it off, the TOM is the game I would get rid of first. But you're probably getting better value out of trading the CV for a NIB AC/DC.

Get AC/DC in you lineup!

#7 11 years ago

Damn...I haven't even had time to get comfy with CV....

Maybe I need to spend some time playing one. I've gotten my hands on them a few times, but I also feel myself getting caught up in the "EVERYBODY SAYS IT ROCKS" hype and don't want to jump on something just because everyone likes it...!

#8 11 years ago

AC/DC is addictive, I love it, but beware that this is probably not a game everyone enjoys.

Keep CV - you just got it, enjoy it before allowing it to leave...or not.

The TOM + $ seems the best option...except if you do not have the $ of course...

#9 11 years ago

just sent you a PM.....I have a couple of extra NIB AC/DC premiums coming and would love to talk to you....I only need one and have 3 coming !!! I was either going to keep them for a couple of years and use them to generate cash or use them as "trade bait" and I prefer to use them as "trade bait".....

So lets talk and see if we can both end up happy......AC/DC premium does rock and it is #8 and moving higher.....my opinion is that Stern raises the price next run but who knows.....however, that is their "modus operandi" and this pin is proving to be VERY POPULAR so my "gut feeling" is they are seeing that and prices go up next run (but who knows.....I doubt they are going to drop them so I figured pull the trigger and buy 3.....so I did).

However, I did this to improve my collection and that is why I want to talk.....I have a TOM that is Mint and has the Tiger Saw and Brass Lamp.....personally, I love it.....but that is me....I don't ever see me selling it as it looks great and is a great family pin in my opinion.....fun and not too complex and great graphics......and probably one of the nicest looking pins so looks great in a large collection (hard to get bored of anything in my opinion if you have a bunch of pins anyway....I don't play TOM enough since I have so many to play that I doubt I ever get bored of it.....and I like shooting the trunk....I KNOW SOME DON'T....LOL !!).

Well, the PM was sent so we can definitely chat if you want....

#10 11 years ago

Replied to.

#11 11 years ago

Sell Tom and with extra cash lying around get a acdc prem then you will have a great line up

#12 11 years ago

Where is the option for "sell TOM and buy an AC/DC"?

#13 11 years ago

I would take AC/DC over ToM. I like ToM and all, but its not on AC/DC level of fun. CV destroys both of these games in almost every way, so I definitely wouldn't get rid of that. Not too mention CV is much more difficult to find than any new game (obviously). However, Tron is more fun to play than AC/DC for me. Tron is at least unique, AC/DC is classic Ritchie.

#14 11 years ago

play your cv for a while before you make any choices, you just got it!!!!! you can still get acdc nib, so there will be plenty around for while. enjoy the cv for a couple months before selling it (if you do)

#15 11 years ago

Yep, I think you've got it Jim. Unless I get an offer on ToM

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-tomcvacdc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.