• Star Wars Pro 10 votes
    24%
  • TMNT Pro 5 votes
    12%
  • Godzilla Pro 27 votes
    64%

(42 votes)

#1 2 years ago

I am in the process of selling our Jurassic Park Premium. We absolutely love the game. It has stellar artwork (to me, the best). I ultimately decided in the future I can live without the extras on it, so one day I may revisit JP in pro form.

For now, I own an Avengers Pro. I absolutely love it. We are considering a TMNT Pro, Godzilla Pro, and a Star Wars Pro or Premium. (SW Comic Premium seems unlikely to find at a price we want, so I feel like we'd have to compare pros across the board here.)

I have played all of them. I like all of them for different reasons. I grew up with TMNT and SW, not the biggest godzilla fan but I like how it shoots. My wife and kids play on occasion. Avenger's rules are too complex for them, but they like shooting it.

What do you all think? Advice on pairing Avengers with one of these, as it's going to be here a long time. (Only space for 2!)

#2 2 years ago

My dad owns star wars premium and Godzilla LE and I've got TMNT pro.
TMNT is way too hard for casual players and the scores are low (which bothers a lot of people). Still a very fun game, especially since it's one of the few you can play co-op.
Star Wars is also a very hard shooter and has a combo selection mechanic that would definitely go way over most casual players' heads. The theme would probably be enough for a casual player though.
Godzilla is a great fit. Easy enough shooter for a casual player and there's a lot of mini-modes you can activate by accident.

#3 2 years ago

Word of caution, TMNT and Star Wars are pretty brutally hard shooters, especially TMNT.

Anyway, you should be able to sell your JP premium for 10-11k, which would get you close to two pros.

#4 2 years ago

I own a JP premium and a pro (2 different locations). While the extras on the premium are cool, the game play is essentially the same so I think the pro JP is not really a compromise. And my family likes the cabinet art and translite better on the pro. Still just as fun as the premium for a lot less $. So if you get another JP in the future I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with the pro.

#5 2 years ago

I have both TMNT and AIQ. They actually compliment each other nicely because they are so vastly different games. AIQ is wide open and a flowy shooter. TMNT has a full playfield with many different shots to make but TMNT is as many has said, a very difficult game.

4 weeks later
#6 2 years ago

Any update on what you finally decided? Between my son and I we have all three and all are great choices. I have over 20 games including most modern Sterns and the one I play the most by far is the Mandalorian premium. Also a tough game, but not as tough as Star wars and tmnt. As stated above, for a small collection, Godzilla is the one you want.

#7 2 years ago

We decided to keep JP premium and part with AIQ Pro. I really like AIQ shots and play, if I had room for 3, it would have stayed. (Though… it’s no Godzilla) We traded for the tmnt pro. While it’s quite a bit harder, everyone loves it way more. Between the theme and the excitement of the episodes/lighting/callouts, I think it just had more personality we are connecting with over aiq.

Time will tell, but the difficulty doesn’t seem as much of an issue for everyone given the rest. Coop especially is a hit.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from nTronz:

We decided to keep JP premium and part with AIQ Pro. I really like AIQ shots and play, if I had room for 3, it would have stayed. (Though… it’s no Godzilla) We traded for the tmnt pro. While it’s quite a bit harder, everyone loves it way more. Between the theme and the excitement of the episodes/lighting/callouts, I think it just had more personality we are connecting with over aiq.
Time will tell, but the difficulty doesn’t seem as much of an issue for everyone given the rest. Coop especially is a hit.

Thanks so much for the response. I definitely agree with everything that you have said. Turtles is definitely very challenging, but is an awesome game. Congrats!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,999.00
$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-star-wars-tmnt-godzilla and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.