“?”

• Woz 42 votes
    58%
  • GB premium 24 votes
    33%
  • Meh 7 votes
    10%

(73 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I've had a WOZ since Oct 2013 and its been very reliable, no light board issues.
If you buy a WOZ I would recommend buying one made Sept 2013 and going forward as those have the 7.5 light boards. The games that are prone to light board issues were the early ones using 5v boards. 7.5v game's can have issues but I haven't heard of many.
It seems like most owners of games with 7.5v unbuffered boards and 7.5v buffered boards haven't had issues. The games with 5v boards likely exhibited issues years ago and have hopefully had boards replaced.
There are multiple revisions of the WOZ light boards
1. 5v original light boards
2. 7.5v unbuffered, started Sept 2013
3. 7.5v buffered, not sure on date
4. 2.0 board system

Again, this information is not accurate. There are 5v buffered boards that have the daughterboards attached that buffer them. They are considered by JJP to be as reliable as any buffered or unbuffered 7.5 board. It isn’t an issue of 5v vs. 7v. The issue is whether they are buffered or not.

4 weeks later
#50 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

These games aren’t in the same league - I’m on my 2nd WOZ and it’s a 2.0 system.... I haven’t called JJP since it was delivered other than to order Dialed In - the build quality is amazing. Also had a Ghostbusters Premium.... that lasted about 2 months of tweaks and fixes, still had non-stop airballs - code was meh... pretty game but awful execution.

I disagree. I just sold a WOZ I had for a little less then a year but my GB Premium has been here for 18 months and will remain for many years to come.

WOZ is a beautiful machine but it is just eye candy. It isn't a great shooter and the drains on it are every bit as cheap and unfair as GB haters claim that game is. I couldn't get into WOZ and the theme and will not miss it at all.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, MA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-regarding-gb-premium-or-woz?tu=Utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.