• Woz 42 votes
    58%
  • GB premium 24 votes
    33%
  • Meh 7 votes
    10%

(73 votes)

#1 6 years ago

I'm debating a new pin to my collection or just wait until the next release cycle.

Just wanted to get some opinions on these two pins seem to have love-hate reviews.

Have played both some but not a lot.

GB rules good/bad?

Woz reliability, buying used how much can I expect to pay for light boards over the years?

Overall want Woz more but cost is a lot more than GB premium.

#2 6 years ago

I like woz more I think it is a better game but I would get a ghost busters instead because it does not break as much. But, I would get a ghost busters pro instead of a premium because on the premium it is easier to get video mode off the plunge and I have played this game in competitions where people will just go for the video mode and It gets boring and annoying.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

but I would get a ghost busters instead because it does not break as much

How do you figure that? I've seen issues with both titles, although once JJP cleared up their light board issues, I haven't haven't heard of anything major. With Stern games right now, there's playfield ghosting, cabinet separation, peeling decals (though I haven't seen any examples of this with GB yet--mainly earlier titles), and node board failures.

#4 6 years ago

Sorry forceflow I forget to mention about the ghosting but the reason I did not say anything was it seems like stern sent replacements out to people and I know a few people in Pittsburgh that own Ghostbusters and have had no problem but a good friend of mine Al thompka had a lot of issues with his wizard of Oz light boards and I know another pinsider who had a lot of issues with the game breaking on route.
We also had a hobbit in our Ohio league and In Pittsburgh the thing would always be broke either balls getting stuck in the trolls or the trolls would not come up out of the playfield.

#5 6 years ago

I've had a WOZ since Oct 2013 and its been very reliable, no light board issues.

If you buy a WOZ I would recommend buying one made Sept 2013 and going forward as those have the 7.5 light boards. The games that are prone to light board issues were the early ones using 5v boards. 7.5v game's can have issues but I haven't heard of many.

It seems like most owners of games with 7.5v unbuffered boards and 7.5v buffered boards haven't had issues. The games with 5v boards likely exhibited issues years ago and have hopefully had boards replaced.

There are multiple revisions of the WOZ light boards

1. 5v original light boards
2. 7.5v unbuffered, started Sept 2013
3. 7.5v buffered, not sure on date
4. 2.0 board system

#6 6 years ago

Maybe it's blown out of proportion but I've spoken to a few Woz owners who said the had to replace all or most light boards that's all well and good but will this continue to occur over time? Will all Woz become light board dependent? I mean with XMLE all needed new aux boards but they didn't present at the same time, mine was 2 years old before it needs Aux board. I'm curious how much the light boards cost for our of warranty Woz.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm debating a new pin to my collection or just wait until the next release cycle.
Just wanted to get some opinions on these two pins seem to have love-hate reviews.
Have played both some but not a lot.
GB rules good/bad?
Woz reliability, buying used how much can I expect to pay for light boards over the years?
Overall want Woz more but cost is a lot more than GB premium.

i own both. WOZ is the better game.

I haven't had significant issues with either one. (weird, i know)

Ghostbusters looks amazing and has some cool modes and callouts, and once you really get going, it can be very fun, but overall it is very frustrating and monotonous. Players tend to either play the video mode to death or play the right ladder ("ok, who brought the dog?") and after a while it starts to feel incredibly repetitive. you will also have a LOT of games where you get nowhere. Many players won't even start a mode. Also it's incredibly linear -- you can only work one mode at a time, and simply being in a mode even disables most side features like Tobins.

It also needs a code update and who the hell knows when and if that will happen.

WOZ is a much more varied experience. you can make progress on anything any time, and stack literally every mode. you're never locked in to one progression path. And the rules are deep enough that you will probably never feel like you "beat" it. I also feel like it's the more impressive machine mechanically and technologically.

my two cents.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Maybe it's blown out of proportion but I've spoken to a few Woz owners who said the had to replace all or most light boards that's all well and good but will this continue to occur over time? Will all Woz become light board dependent? I mean with XMLE all needed new aux boards but they didn't present at the same time, mine was 2 years old before it needs Aux board. I'm curious how much the light boards cost for our of warranty Woz.

If they had to replace most or all light boards I would bet they were earlier games with 5v boards.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i own both. WOZ is the better game.
I haven't had significant issues with either one. (weird, i know)
Ghostbusters looks amazing and has some cool modes and callouts, and once you really get going, it can be very fun, but overall it is very frustrating and monotonous. Players tend to either play the video mode to death or play the right ladder ("ok, who brought the dog?") and after a while it starts to feel incredibly repetitive. you will also have a LOT of games where you get nowhere. Many players won't even start a mode. Also it's incredibly linear -- you can only work one mode at a time, and being in a mode even disables most side features like Tobins.
WOZ is a much more varied experience. you can make progress on anything any time, and stack literally every mode. you're never locked in to one progression path. And the rules are deep enough that you will probably never feel like you "beat" it. I also feel like it's the more impressive machine mechanically and technologically.
my two cents.

Thanks for detailed reply, I'm really leaning towards Woz. I was going to get Woz but the deal fell through so I have time to reevaluate my decision. Woz (looking for a great deal now).

#10 6 years ago

Woz for me is the better of the two games. Buy a newer build and you'll be fine. It's a great game with great rules. The melting witch shot with the ball being dropped by the magnet to the 3rd flipper is such a fun shot.

#11 6 years ago

I have a non-issue GB Premium for sale now. Dead mint. $6400. So I say go with that.

#12 6 years ago

Not even close. Woz is a masterpiece. Both are great though. GB does get a bit monotonous though. I'm currently considering a GB premium myself, and have owned a RR woz for a couple years now. I would never get rid of my woz. It's got everything you could ask for in looks, rules, layout, toys, and build quality. Obviously listen to panzer in regards to getting the good years with good light boards though. As for GB, it's using the new node boards I believe, and those aren't cheap to replace either. My RR has been solid with not a single problem ever. Again, both are great games and unique, so if you're good with both themed, then I would go woz for sure. Also, cost wise, a used GB premium is still around $6300, and used woz can be found around $6500-$7200 for a standard or Le.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I have a non-issue GB Premium for sale now. Dead mint. $6400. So I say go with that.

You'll have to wait until the $5800 and $6000 ones clear out.

I'm generally thinking GB premium as lower price now maybe it's JT blowback or I don't know what else.

Currently 5 listed price less than $6400, this is beginning to look like an XMLE situation.

#14 6 years ago

I'd pass on both of those myself.

AS stated that light board stuff was early versions of WOZ...I'd be a lot more worried (although not a ton) aboot Node Boards.

#15 6 years ago

I own both. Woz hands down.

As Panzer said, just get a later build if your concerned about light boards (but still not a big deal IMHO)

Also depends on what kind of owner you are. if you tend to flip pins often, GB could be fun. But if you tend to keep them and really dive in Woz has soo much packed into it, that it wont get boring fast.

That's my .02

#16 6 years ago

I have woz, RR maybe 2 and a half years a few minor issues out of the box been fine since except broken rubber under Munchkin play field and the throne light went bad.

Honestly with the cost of this game and what I paid I can afford to get things fixed if need be, although finding someone that knows JJP games and how to fix them could be a concern.

On the other hand I've played GB quite a few times
Bought the Hobbit instead.

#17 6 years ago

Its not even a close comparison. They are both fun games, but the WOZ is hands down the better machine. The JJP quality of build is 10X Sterns. You really need to play both games, and see what you like. Personally I think theme matters, and some people are not crazy about the WOZ theme (I love it). The quality of the toys, play fields, graphics, and light shows are second to none with the WOZ.

#18 6 years ago

I have both, I'd pick WOZ but get a later build

#19 6 years ago

Was talking to an owner of a recently built Woz RR from 9-16 build date said he had to replace 2 light boards on it.

Then was looking at JJP web where those light boards are $200+ each. So was curious what the experience is once you are no longer under warranty, do you pay full price on replacement or do you get credit for returned boards?

#20 6 years ago

Owned both. Really thought GB would win out but as others said the gameplay with current code is just lacking. It's such a great package too.

WOZ is becoming my favorite game period. I'm on my third and I think it will stay. Of the three I've had never had one light issue. All were ruby red.

The code on it is deep, the build quality is amazing and with so many toys AND the light show its an absolute stunner. People who stop by and have no idea about Pinball after instantly drawn to it. The game has that same special feeling the movie does.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Was talking to an owner of a recently built Woz RR from 9-16 build date said he had to replace 2 light boards on it.
Then was looking at JJP web where those light boards are $200+ each. So was curious what the experience is once you are no longer under warranty, do you pay full price on replacement or do you get credit for returned boards?

First of all, the game uses 10 "big" boards with many LEDs per board called "WOZ1 through WOZ10" and these are pricey to purchase outright so JJP does an exchange where they send a board to you, you sent yours back and then instead of that being free like it was under warranty, you pay an exchange fee plus the shipping. So it's, for example, $60 or so depending on the big board. The small boards, there are 31 commonly called GIs although they are not all general illuminatiion, are the ones most often swapped. Within a single WOZ these boards are identical save for the metal mounting bracket orientation. These are where there have been more failures (many more) than with the big boards. These can be bought outright or, again, there is an exchange program setup and that fee is typically $20. You can cut a bracket off a GI 29 board, for example, and spin it to orient it however you need (there are three styles, left center and right). So that's basically that, except that from generation to generation there are slightly different revisions of boards. The first (give or take) 500 WOZ machines built use a +5v DC lighting system (and a switching style lighting power supply), then the majority built use a 7.5v LED setup (there are slight variations but it's all workable), then machines built from Christmas of 2016 forward use the new WOZ 2.0 LEDs, a system loosely based on the setup in the Hobbit, although in actuality it is much closer to the setup in Dialed In!. This LED system has proven to be super reliable and will, of course, be installed in every WOZ built going forward as well. The license was renewed so WOZ will be going back on the line soon and continue to be built (only standards and rubies of course; ECLEs were finished years ago) with 2.0LEDs going forward.
The word "buffered" is thrown around a lot and that simply refers to whether or not the boards have small daughter boards added to them (of course later revisions have the buffers built in by the manufacturer) that help to absorb power spikes and shocks (hence buffer) and prevent them going forward on the lighting chain. This was a fix (along with the switch to 7.5v) for the boards causing one another to fail going down the chain. The one great weakness of the initial system is that they are daisy chained together ala Christmas lights, so that one big or small board failure darkens everything downstream (this is NOT the case with version 2.0, Hobbit, DI or any future game). You can bypass one bad board and turn it off in game settings and the game will continue to function sans that one board until you replace it. The software also compensates to try to bring the colors into correct alignment downstream.
I should also note that plans are still going forward in the development of a (it has no name yet officially) "2.0 retro-fit kit" which will allow earlier WOZs with any LED system other than 2.0 to be upgraded to 2.0, thus ending the LED hassle (hopefully) going forward. The major obstacle to this has been cost and the difficulty of doing the changeover, but it is coming relatively soon from what I know. Several customers will no doubt opt to purchase it, although many may not, I'm not entirely sure myself. Look for an announcement about that kit hopefully in the not-too-distant future as the engineering team has been hard at work developing it for months and months now.
Hope that helps you out a bit.

#22 6 years ago

WOZ, and I don't even like WOZ that much. It's at least a cohesive and interesting experience. GB is literally the worst game ever made in the history of games on planet Earth & was designed by a pedophile. One two punch. GB is finished.

#23 6 years ago

WOZ, it's not even a contest. GB is fun for a little while, but you start to get the feeling it's like "magic girl" - looks awesome, plays kinda like crap...

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

WOZ, and I don't even like WOZ that much. It's at least a cohesive and interesting experience. GB is literally the worst game ever made in the history of games on planet Earth & was designed by a pedophile. One two punch. GB is finished.

LOL. This is a demonstrably true statement! One-two punch indeed!

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

GB is literally the worst game ever made in the history of games on planet Earth .

Worse even than XMLE ?

#26 6 years ago

Woz is ok if you can get past the theme and sounds.. which I cant..

GB prem is one of sterns best games, loaded, and is most importantly FUN

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

a good friend of mine Al thompka had a lot of issues with his wizard of Oz light boards

Yeah but Al has a clear coated cabinet so he has the oldest style boards. I was just over his place and 1 letter for the haunted forest was bad. I am unsure if he replaced that board before though, should have asked him.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Worse even than XMLE ?

Absolutely. I don't like X-Men LE for various reasons, but at the end of the day it at least plays and feels like pinball. GB is like an alien attempted to make a pinball machine for the first time.

Quoted from libtech:

GB prem is one of sterns best games, loaded, and is most importantly FUN

...and this is why I've become the anti-pinball pinball fan I am today. There used to be SOME relative consensus as to what was good or bad in a pinball machine...not that we all have to have the same opinion - for instance, I don't like Twilight Zone....but I respect it - I understand why people do. It's not for me, but that's OK..it's still well made/designed/programmed. GB is absolute garbage, and if it didn't have the great theme & art, everyone would be ripping it to shreds. I guarantee - that SAME design and code but themed with Photoshopped GB'16...everyone would F'ing HATE it. The worst game I've ever played, it's NOT that loaded (booger on a string & some molded buildings, whooptie-doo), and most importantly it sucks the fun out of a person's soul and leaves them whithered and despising their beloved hobby. A pox on GB and all it represents. I would put 5 WOZ's in my house before 1 GB.

#29 6 years ago

GB is a fantastic game.. and has lots of scoring strategies. But it is punishing, and poor players will not do well on it (and focus on cheap points like the video mode). Like many good games, it takes timing and combining things right to get those blow out scores.

WoZ on the other hand is loaded with things to see and do... and even basic players will get to explore those various toys. WoZ is difficult to score high on, but is not punishing, so people are willing to play more. WoZ offers incredible depth, but you will need to be a good player to get there... but it's not boring outside of that.

Add some GI to it, and WoZ is a showpiece game. Should be enjoyable by all skill levels. GB is much more flashy and loud.. but is going to be less desirable to more casual players once they get over the 'how cool it looks'.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

First of all, the game uses 10 "big" boards with many LEDs per board called "WOZ1 through WOZ10" and these are pricey to purchase outright so JJP does an exchange where they send a board to you, you sent yours back and then instead of that being free like it was under warranty, you pay an exchange fee plus the shipping. So it's, for example, $60 or so depending on the big board. The small boards, there are 31 commonly called GIs although they are not all general illuminatiion, are the ones most often swapped. Within a single WOZ these boards are identical save for the metal mounting bracket orientation. These are where there have been more failures (many more) than with the big boards. These can be bought outright or, again, there is an exchange program setup and that fee is typically $20. You can cut a bracket off a GI 29 board, for example, and spin it to orient it however you need (there are three styles, left center and right). So that's basically that, except that from generation to generation there are slightly different revisions of boards. The first (give or take) 500 WOZ machines built use a +5v DC lighting system (and a switching style lighting power supply), then the majority built use a 7.5v LED setup (there are slight variations but it's all workable), then machines built from Christmas of 2016 forward use the new WOZ 2.0 LEDs, a system loosely based on the setup in the Hobbit, although in actuality it is much closer to the setup in Dialed In!. This LED system has proven to be super reliable and will, of course, be installed in every WOZ built going forward as well. The license was renewed so WOZ will be going back on the line soon and continue to be built (only standards and rubies of course; ECLEs were finished years ago) with 2.0LEDs going forward.
The word "buffered" is thrown around a lot and that simply refers to whether or not the boards have small daughter boards added to them (of course later revisions have the buffers built in by the manufacturer) that help to absorb power spikes and shocks (hence buffer) and prevent them going forward on the lighting chain. This was a fix (along with the switch to 7.5v) for the boards causing one another to fail going down the chain. The one great weakness of the initial system is that they are daisy chained together ala Christmas lights, so that one big or small board failure darkens everything downstream (this is NOT the case with version 2.0, Hobbit, DI or any future game). You can bypass one bad board and turn it off in game settings and the game will continue to function sans that one board until you replace it. The software also compensates to try to bring the colors into correct alignment downstream.
I should also note that plans are still going forward in the development of a (it has no name yet officially) "2.0 retro-fit kit" which will allow earlier WOZs with any LED system other than 2.0 to be upgraded to 2.0, thus ending the LED hassle (hopefully) going forward. The major obstacle to this has been cost and the difficulty of doing the changeover, but it is coming relatively soon from what I know. Several customers will no doubt opt to purchase it, although many may not, I'm not entirely sure myself. Look for an announcement about that kit hopefully in the not-too-distant future as the engineering team has been hard at work developing it for months and months now.
Hope that helps you out a bit.

thanks for the great post.

I am actually debating to get a new 2.0 Woz although I know it's more $$ than a pre-owend but I've had someone PM me to say that it's worth it for the 2.0 boards (may or may not) but also full 1 year warranty which I know people say JJP stands behind their pins but to me Woz is the most complex or one of the most complex pins around with expensive computer system and light boards that maybe a warranty isn't the worst thing to pay extra for.

What do you think regarding to pay extra for a new 2.0 game?

#31 6 years ago

I second the GI add on - I have it in my WOZ and didn't for the first two I owned - BIG diff. Def get the pinbulbs upgrade.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Absolutely. I don't like X-Men LE for various reasons, but at the end of the day it at least plays and feels like pinball. GB is like an alien attempted to make a pinball machine for the first time.

...and this is why I've become the anti-pinball pinball fan I am today. There used to be SOME relative consensus as to what was good or bad in a pinball machine...not that we all have to have the same opinion - for instance, I don't like Twilight Zone....but I respect it - I understand why people do. It's not for me, but that's OK..it's still well made/designed/programmed. GB is absolute garbage, and if it didn't have the great theme & art, everyone would be ripping it to shreds. I guarantee - that SAME design and code but themed with Photoshopped GB'16...everyone would F'ing HATE it. The worst game I've ever played, it's NOT that loaded (booger on a string & some molded buildings, whooptie-doo), and most importantly it sucks the fun out of a person's soul and leaves them whithered and despising their beloved hobby. A pox on GB and all it represents. I would put 5 WOZ's in my house before 1 GB.

There is a relative consensus, most think its great - which is why its rated 8.29 and #24 out of how many games.

It of course would be rated lower if its art was not as good, thats part of the rating value.

Its a hard game, with great rules and its alot of fun. Not everyone will like its style of course, but good thing there is alot of games to choose from

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

GB is a fantastic game.. and has lots of scoring strategies. But it is punishing, and poor players will not do well on it (and focus on cheap points like the video mode). Like many good games, it takes timing and combining things right to get those blow out scores.
WoZ on the other hand is loaded with things to see and do... and even basic players will get to explore those various toys. WoZ is difficult to score high on, but is not punishing, so people are willing to play more. WoZ offers incredible depth, but you will need to be a good player to get there... but it's not boring outside of that.
Add some GI to it, and WoZ is a showpiece game. Should be enjoyable by all skill levels. GB is much more flashy and loud.. but is going to be less desirable to more casual players once they get over the 'how cool it looks'.

thanks for the post.

I probably agree, however some say adding GI to Woz is not necessary and makes it worse.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

There is a relative consensus, most think its great - which is why its rated 8.29 and #24 out of how many games.

don't go there. It's still very new. Heck XMLE was rated 26 one year after it was released and I still think XM is rated higher than should be at 39 or whatever it is. People who spent $8K on GBLE will rate it higher because they think it's expensive so it should be rated highly.

Much of the rating (may) be due to it's a great looking pin.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

thanks for the post.
I probably agree, however some say adding GI to Woz is not necessary and makes it worse.

It's not necessary by any means - but WOZ is definitely kind of dark in places. GB on the other hand is like Times Square - it's daytime even in the night time! Beautiful game - actually both of them are beautiful. I want a GB real bad, but mostly because it looks so great - I have not enjoyed playing it quite as much as I'd hoped. I have owned a WOZ and my god that is a beautiful game. It does not get your heart racing like Gb or The Hobbit does, for example - I think because of the music. IMO this is what most people are not responding to, not necessarily the theme in general.

#36 6 years ago

I don't miss my WOZECLE one iota and I despise TNPLH, I just let it drain, even when I get stuck playing one during league. I personally don't understand all the love this game gets, with its plodding play, and the way every feature is a big pain in the ass. I know of more that have sold around here than have been kept.

GB is fun if you don't suck and steps have been taken to ameliorate some of the cheap drains. But I would be loathe to let that theme song earworm into my brain every time I played. If I had all the other Sterns I wanted, maybe I'd buy one.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

don't go there. It's still very new. Heck XMLE was rated 26 one year after it was released and I still think XM is rated higher than should be at 39 or whatever it is. People who spent $8K on GBLE will rate it higher because they think it's expensive so it should be rated highly.
Much of the rating (may) be due to it's a great looking pin.

Im not saying that's where it will end up spot wise, new games will come out, it will go down or up depending. However if you have hundreds of reviews saying that its great, and few guys on here who think its 'garbage' then the consensus is that its overall a great game.

And with the looks, of course that counts - thats part of the whole package. You could say that about alot of games that look great eg met or aerosmith or woz even.

#38 6 years ago

WOZ is the better pin. GB is very good. WOZ is a masterpiece.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Its a hard game, with great rules and its alot of fun.

Cheap/poor design makes it "hard"...it's not legit hard/challenging.

Rules are far from great...linear repetitive boring modes, wizard mode isn't in the game (not that anyone could ever reach it due to the airball/gap cheapness)

Not fun. Anti-fun. I can have fun even with games I don't like that much. Playing GB actively makes me never want to touch pinball again...but as long as I never touch GB again I think things will be OK.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Cheap/poor design makes it "hard"...it's not legit hard/challenging.
Rules are far from great...linear repetitive boring modes, wizard mode isn't in the game (not that anyone could ever reach it due to the airball/gap cheapness)
Not fun. Anti-fun. I can have fun even with games I don't like that much. Playing GB actively makes me never want to touch pinball again...but as long as I never touch GB again I think things will be OK.

Dude we get it, you hate Ghostbusters more then anything in the world. Those magna slings really messed ya up man, damn them, damn them straight to hell, lol.

For many others Ghostbusters, especially the premium / LE, is Sterns best modern game. It's loaded with many unique toys, unique shots, has great artwork and an incredible audio package. Also, I think the rules are pretty darn good and I hope theres more to come. Guess what...all pinball rules are repetitive as eventually they never change. ou can start any mode ladder you want in GB.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Dude we get it, you hate Ghostbusters more then anything in the world

Dude, we get it, if someone criticizes a game you own, you write a novel about how unique it is and how many toys it has. That's your schtick. Crapping on GB is mine. It's a SCHTICK-OFF!!! HERE WE GO!!!

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

For many others Ghostbusters, especially the premium / LE, is Sterns best modern game.

It's not though. Metallica takes the crown.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's loaded with many unique toys,

Not really. Booger on a string who's positioning doesn't matter, a hologram that doesn't really do anything but show you a pedophile's cat occasionally...that's about it. Molded buildings and captive balls aren't toys.

They're all awful....type of shots a pedophile would design.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

has great artwork

Yay.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

and an incredible audio package.

"Incredible" in the sense that clear sound comes out of the speakers...sure. The content doesn't capture the movie's personality or character at all.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Also, I think the rules are pretty darn good

The absolute worst. Ever.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

and I hope theres more to come.

Good luck with that. Unfinished games for thousands of dollars lol...pinball is the worst.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Guess what...all pinball rules are repetitive as eventually they never change. ou can start any mode ladder you want in GB.

Nah, not bored of many games after playing them for a decade. Ladders are bullshit, they're the definition of forced repetition. The cheap horrible design guarantees you'll just see the same few over and over for the most part. It plays so terribly, I don't even care about seeing the modes up the ladders anyway

#42 6 years ago

This is not even close.........WOZ

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dude, we get it, if someone criticizes a game you own, you write a novel about how unique it is and how many toys it has. That's your schtick. Crapping on GB is mine. It's a SCHTICK-OFF!!! HERE WE GO!!!

It's not though. Metallica takes the crown.

Not really. Booger on a string who's positioning doesn't matter, a hologram that doesn't really do anything but show you a pedophile's cat occasionally...that's about it. Molded buildings and captive balls aren't toys.

They're all awful....type of shots a pedophile would design.

Yay.

"Incredible" in the sense that clear sound comes out of the speakers...sure. The content doesn't capture the movie's personality or character at all.

The absolute worst. Ever.

Good luck with that. Unfinished games for thousands of dollars lol...pinball is the worst.

Nah, not bored of many games after playing them for a decade. Ladders are bullshit, they're the definition of forced repetition. The cheap horrible design guarantees you'll just see the same few over and over for the most part. It plays so terribly, I don't even care about seeing the modes up the ladders anyway

Unsubscribe, lol.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You know it's not the ladder itself, it's the way it plays like filthy possum shit that does it to me. I was NOT worried aboot the linear aspect because my Pinball Magic is like that and it's great; boy was i wrong on that one.

Quoted from Rarehero:

It's a SCHTICK-OFF!!! HERE WE GO!!!

Nice.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

For many others Ghostbusters, especially the premium / LE, is Sterns best modern game.

The dayI start believing owners of LE machines aboot how good they are will be a sad day

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Unsubscribe, lol.

Shortest Panzer post ever! I think I'm getting through lol.

Quoted from TheLaw:

You know it's not the ladder itself, it's the way it plays like filthy possum shit that does it to me. I was NOT worried aboot the linear aspect because my Pinball Magic is like that and it's great; boy was i wrong on that one.

Yeah, the physical aspect is the worst. The ladder concept on top of it is just the turd on top of the poop sundae. I love Road Show, a linear game. I think it works fine for RS and PM because they're whole original concepts and the narrative is the game's own. When it comes to movie narratives in Pinball, we're used to it being a "best of mashup" and not the literal story. When a bit randomized like that, any player can enjoy the license content from game to game. Any given game of GB should have all kinds of voices and jokes - instead of having them always play in order and locked away from most players.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

thanks for the post.

If your game is anywhere but a super bright room... you want it. It makes a huge difference.

#47 6 years ago

These games aren’t in the same league - I’m on my 2nd WOZ and it’s a 2.0 system.... I haven’t called JJP since it was delivered other than to order Dialed In - the build quality is amazing. Also had a Ghostbusters Premium.... that lasted about 2 months of tweaks and fixes, still had non-stop airballs - code was meh... pretty game but awful execution.

1 year later
#48 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I've had a WOZ since Oct 2013 and its been very reliable, no light board issues.
If you buy a WOZ I would recommend buying one made Sept 2013 and going forward as those have the 7.5 light boards. The games that are prone to light board issues were the early ones using 5v boards. 7.5v game's can have issues but I haven't heard of many.
It seems like most owners of games with 7.5v unbuffered boards and 7.5v buffered boards haven't had issues. The games with 5v boards likely exhibited issues years ago and have hopefully had boards replaced.
There are multiple revisions of the WOZ light boards
1. 5v original light boards
2. 7.5v unbuffered, started Sept 2013
3. 7.5v buffered, not sure on date
4. 2.0 board system

Again, this information is not accurate. There are 5v buffered boards that have the daughterboards attached that buffer them. They are considered by JJP to be as reliable as any buffered or unbuffered 7.5 board. It isn’t an issue of 5v vs. 7v. The issue is whether they are buffered or not.

4 weeks later
#50 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

These games aren’t in the same league - I’m on my 2nd WOZ and it’s a 2.0 system.... I haven’t called JJP since it was delivered other than to order Dialed In - the build quality is amazing. Also had a Ghostbusters Premium.... that lasted about 2 months of tweaks and fixes, still had non-stop airballs - code was meh... pretty game but awful execution.

I disagree. I just sold a WOZ I had for a little less then a year but my GB Premium has been here for 18 months and will remain for many years to come.

WOZ is a beautiful machine but it is just eye candy. It isn't a great shooter and the drains on it are every bit as cheap and unfair as GB haters claim that game is. I couldn't get into WOZ and the theme and will not miss it at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 91.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-regarding-gb-premium-or-woz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.