Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Johnnys
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cmdestin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hi everyone. Looking for advice. I own a restaurant and have two machines already. Monster bash remake and stern star wars premium. They both do pretty well and are almost paid for. I really got them because I enjoy the hobby and my customers really like them. It's rare to see any pinball in my area and some people freak out over them. I love it.

Looking to add two more machines. I haven't played many other than my own since I live in a pinball desert. Any reccomendations from 1) other restaurant/bar/on site machine owners and 2) folks who play on site games.

I'm looking for something with broad appeal and reliability. Really like the durability of the Monster Bash/CGC remake.

Thanks.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Restaurant theme and customer demographics needed.

It’s family friendly - not a bar. Breakfast and lunch family restaurant opening for dinner soon. When we open for dinner we will have a bar room so will have adults (and 1 or 2 machines in there) and the family dining room with lots of kids (1 or 2 machines in there). We currently have a good mix of adults and kids who play. Adults like monster bash, kids like Star Wars from what I’ve seen so far.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

long ball saves, lots of extra balls turned on can bore beginner to casual players fast and they often walk away with balls to spare.
    those types of players attention spans aren't long enough. they tend to go for quick fixes like claw games and redemption which can be over in 2 seconds.
    Only a seasoned player will accept marathon games and those players spend the least on location.
    from my experience anyhow...

Great idea. Hadn’t thought of this but makes perfect sense. I hate to see new players get frustrated. Thank you!

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Willy Wonka standard by Jersey Jack Pinball
    "It's rare to see any pinball in my area and some people freak out over them". If your customers freaked out over SW and MB I think Wonka will blow them away. Great family theme too. A Wonka standard will run around $7500, or about the same cost as a Stern premium.
    http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Games/Willy-Wonka/Willy-Wonka-Standard-Edition-Pinball-Machine.html

Leaving towards this and a AFMrm. JP too. Appreciate the response.

#25 3 years ago

Been waiting for a Jaws (lol) because we live on the coast and I have a lot of Jaws movies posters in the dining room. A man can dream.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Stay clear of new in box games.

The two I have were new and they’ve been great so far. Maybe I’m lucky. Not many problems and earning well.

Any particular reasons? It’s really hard in my area to find used games, but I guess I could always arrange shipping.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cmdestin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-on-which-machines-to-get-for-my-restaurant?tu=cmdestin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.