Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Johnnys
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 months ago

Hi everyone. Looking for advice. I own a restaurant and have two machines already. Monster bash remake and stern star wars premium. They both do pretty well and are almost paid for. I really got them because I enjoy the hobby and my customers really like them. It's rare to see any pinball in my area and some people freak out over them. I love it.

Looking to add two more machines. I haven't played many other than my own since I live in a pinball desert. Any reccomendations from 1) other restaurant/bar/on site machine owners and 2) folks who play on site games.

I'm looking for something with broad appeal and reliability. Really like the durability of the Monster Bash/CGC remake.

Thanks.

#2 9 months ago

Grab a CGC MMR or AFMR.

LTG : )

#3 9 months ago
    #4 9 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Grab a CGC MMR or AFMR.
    LTG : )

This or if you want to diversify - deadpool pro, jurassic park pro, ghostbusters pro.

#5 9 months ago

I assume this is a family restaurant, is it the adults or the kids that mostly play?

#7 9 months ago

I would try a Big Buck Hunter Reloaded. Before I figured out how to set mine on free play I was running about $40.00 a hour through it for my girlfriend and I.

#8 9 months ago

Hot Wheels, Dead Pool or Jurassic Park. Set ball save to highest setting 15 second I think. Won't help a good player but a bad player will come back for more.

#9 9 months ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I assume this is a family restaurant, is it the adults or the kids that mostly play?

Restaurant theme and customer demographics needed.

#10 9 months ago

AIQ pro or Getaway are two I haven’t seen mentioned. My getaway earns and earns and earns.

#11 9 months ago

Deadpool and agree with the increase ball save. Deadpool is highly satisfying. Getaway is great. Attack from Mars is ridiculously fun as is MM.

JP is freaking HARD so jack up the ball save time here for sure and boost the ball save time on T. rex multi ball from the default 12 seconds. That’s the mode most people are likely to get at least once and a quick drain here can be super deflating.

Haven’t played Guns N’ Roses or Led Zeppelin.

#12 9 months ago

Total Nuclear Annihilation, Medieval Madness, Hot Wheels , Avengers Infiniti Quest, Heist.

#13 9 months ago

Also Dialed In and Jurassic Park.

#14 9 months ago

If it's a family atmosphere, TMNT with the ball saves maxed would probably do very well. Pizza multiball would wow the casuals.

#15 9 months ago

Medieval Madness Remake standard, Stern Avengers Infinity Quest Premium, Attack from Mars remake Standard, (Keep your) Monster Bash Remake Standard, and Stern Jurassic Park Premium

Sell Your Star Wars. Spider-Man also always does well on location. You will do well and make the most off that lineup.

#16 9 months ago

Willy Wonka standard by Jersey Jack Pinball

"It's rare to see any pinball in my area and some people freak out over them". If your customers freaked out over SW and MB I think Wonka will blow them away. Great family theme too. A Wonka standard will run around $7500, or about the same cost as a Stern premium.

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Games/Willy-Wonka/Willy-Wonka-Standard-Edition-Pinball-Machine.html

#17 9 months ago

Knowledge of the type of restaurant, style, and placement (hotel, beach, entertainment area, etc) would be extremely helpful.

Since we know none of the things, I will play it safe and assume it will need to be fit for all ages. I would suggest something newer, built well, and that has the "wow" factor. To me, those things come down to jjp wonka, AP hot wheels, or sterns JP or AIQ.

If it is more of a bar or adult centric/themed restaurant, you could certainly add quite a few options.

#18 9 months ago

Hot Wheels - Super fun , beautiful machine and Willy Wonka

#19 9 months ago

long ball saves, lots of extra balls turned on can bore beginner to casual players fast and they often walk away with balls to spare.
    those types of players attention spans aren't long enough. they tend to go for quick fixes like claw games and redemption which can be over in 2 seconds.
    Only a seasoned player will accept marathon games and those players spend the least on location.
    from my experience anyhow...

#20 9 months ago

Destin is a cool place, number 2 in the top ten of cool. Nearby Seaside is nice too. Sorry, no recommendations, just daydreaming. You are fortunate

#21 9 months ago

I would get two pinball machines that are proven top earners for ops.

-Jurassic Park and Adams Family

If you can't find a decent Adams-go with a JP and a Stranger Things

#22 9 months ago
    Quoted from ToucanF16:

Restaurant theme and customer demographics needed.

It’s family friendly - not a bar. Breakfast and lunch family restaurant opening for dinner soon. When we open for dinner we will have a bar room so will have adults (and 1 or 2 machines in there) and the family dining room with lots of kids (1 or 2 machines in there). We currently have a good mix of adults and kids who play. Adults like monster bash, kids like Star Wars from what I’ve seen so far.

#23 9 months ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

long ball saves, lots of extra balls turned on can bore beginner to casual players fast and they often walk away with balls to spare.
    those types of players attention spans aren't long enough. they tend to go for quick fixes like claw games and redemption which can be over in 2 seconds.
    Only a seasoned player will accept marathon games and those players spend the least on location.
    from my experience anyhow...

Great idea. Hadn’t thought of this but makes perfect sense. I hate to see new players get frustrated. Thank you!

#24 9 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Willy Wonka standard by Jersey Jack Pinball
    "It's rare to see any pinball in my area and some people freak out over them". If your customers freaked out over SW and MB I think Wonka will blow them away. Great family theme too. A Wonka standard will run around $7500, or about the same cost as a Stern premium.
    http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Games/Willy-Wonka/Willy-Wonka-Standard-Edition-Pinball-Machine.html

Leaving towards this and a AFMrm. JP too. Appreciate the response.

#25 9 months ago

Been waiting for a Jaws (lol) because we live on the coast and I have a lot of Jaws movies posters in the dining room. A man can dream.

#26 9 months ago

Stay clear of new in box games.

#27 9 months ago
    Quoted from cmdestin:

Been waiting for a Jaws (lol) because we live on the coast and I have a lot of Jaws movies posters in the dining room. A man can dream.

I wouldn't hold my breath for jaws, but Fish Tales would be cool for your location.

#28 9 months ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Stay clear of new in box games.

The two I have were new and they’ve been great so far. Maybe I’m lucky. Not many problems and earning well.

Any particular reasons? It’s really hard in my area to find used games, but I guess I could always arrange shipping.

#29 9 months ago
    Quoted from cmdestin:

The two I have were new and they’ve been great so far. Maybe I’m lucky. Not many problems and earning well.
    Any particular reasons? It’s really hard in my area to find used games, but I guess I could always arrange shipping.

New in box are fine, they may require some tweaking to play great. If you don’t have a problem doing minor tweaks to get your games playing great then no reason to avoid buying new.

1 week later
    #30 9 months ago

Hey cmdestin as someone who comes in to the restaurant and plays your Monster Bash a lot, I personally would like to see an AFM remake or a Jurassic Park in there as far as new games. Or an Elviras House of Horrors, but I suppose thats not exactly family friendly. Fish Tales would be a good older game I think and would go with the decor.
    Thanks for having some pinballs on location and keeping them in such nice shape, youre right about this area being mostly a pinball wasteland. We will be by next week for some more Monster Bash!

#31 8 months ago

I have 8 traditional pins in my home and while I love my monster bash remake and dr. Who I'd have to say I love my newest addition the most. recently I purchased my 9th. The multimorphic P3 pinball machine with Heist and I have to tell you its awesome. I find all my friends that like traditional pinball enjoy it and I found it interesting that my 10 yr old grandson liked it best. I think you will find everyone will like it. And kids seem to be drawn to it for its hybrid video game screen so its a win win. I also have the 3 other playfields for it and that would be nice in your business because you can swap out the games in about 5 minutes easily giving your customers something new to try once in a while and than rotate them back in but none are quite as good as Heist.

Even the mini games like grand slam will offer some quick additive game play for cheap money if you have the cannon lagoon playfield which is a short game that would be more like a redemption machine then pinball.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside