Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

600px-JC2-PostPuncher2a (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

So the thieves are robbing me blind. They are stealing catalytic converters off of trucks and even took the driveshaft out of one. I put up outside lighting and for a quick fix put up game cameras till I could get better. I called a alarm company and told them I needed cameras outside along with motion sensors that set off outside alarms and lights. They came today to install all the above for INSIDE THE OFFICE. I was told all they can do for outside is put up cameras where I can watch them take my shit. I need something to make noise to run them off. Any suggestions

#2 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

So the thieves are robbing me blind. They are stealing catalytic converters off of trucks and even took the driveshaft out of one. I put up outside lighting and for a quick fix put up game cameras till I could get better. I called a alarm company and told them I needed cameras outside along with motion sensors that set off outside alarms and lights. They came today to install all the above for INSIDE THE OFFICE. I was told all they can do for outside is put up cameras where I can watch them take my shit. I need something to make noise to run them off. Any suggestions

Shotgun, rack of beer and a lawn chair outside?
    Rig up fireworks?
    Tripwire air-horns would be hilarious

#3 3 years ago

This might do the trick. The post hole puncher 500.
    600px-JC2-PostPuncher2a (resized).jpg600px-JC2-PostPuncher2a (resized).jpg

#4 3 years ago

When going the proactive instead of the reactive route, it is reducing the opportunities.
    Besides cameras- fencing and good lighting. If you make it harder for them to get to stuff, it will reduce the quick grabs.

If you are looking to make noise, you can get IP based outdoor PA Speakers that you can interface to IP cameras to trigger sound when your motion triggers on your cameras. It isn't cheap though. I would look at good fencing before trying to make noises.

#5 3 years ago

How about a mean old gnarly junkyard dog? Or maybe two of then?

#6 3 years ago

Lol. I had one. Now she lives with me

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Lol. I had one. Now she lives with me

LMAO for a second I thought you were making a wife joke!

Is that flying squirrel still around? Maybe you can train that thing to kill.

#8 3 years ago

Vote 2 for dog.
    I have 3. Never even needed a doorbell.
    Train them to go for the nuts.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from BMHouze:

Vote 2 for dog.
    I have 3. Never even needed a doorbell.
    Train them to go for the nuts.

Chopper! Sic balls!!

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LMAO for a second I thought you were making a wife joke!
    Is that flying squirrel still around? Maybe you can train that thing to kill.

I gave the squirrel it’s freedom a long while ago.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Chopper! Sic balls!!

Nice "Stand by Me" reference

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

This might do the trick. The post hole puncher 500.
    [quoted image]

Thunderbolt & Lightfoot

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Thunderbolt & Lightfoot

Jeepers Creepers

#14 3 years ago

Dakota Alert driveway alarms are an option. They transmit a notification or a beep to your receiver inside your home when someone or something enters your property. Here’s the site https://dakotaalert.com. They have several models that may work for your situation. Hope this helps.

#15 3 years ago

I’m very happy with my Kasa outdoor cameras. Wireless except for AC110

For lighting I just use hue bulbs outside and outdoor motion sensor will reach 50 yards or more.

Inside I have Abode security system. Custom built and scalable. Wireless so no drilling for door installs. I like integrating with my water sensors and water main shutoff. You add or remove subscription any time for someone to monitor professional.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.