Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I have a back glass, soundboard and body to a quicksilver and I'm looking for ideas or advice on how to make it whole again. I thought it over and could go several ways but if anybody has done this sort of thing before and has any advice I'd appreciate it.

Option 1: build the head from scratch or find a comparable head. I'd have to buy the displays and a wire harness and the remaining boards. It's an expensive option but I'd have mostly new parts. Determining the position of each back box light would be a pain.

Option 2: find a parts flight 2000 and use that head. I'd have to swap out the ROM and repaint the head. I could use the displays especially because they match the locations of quicksilver. This appears to be cheaper and easier but I don't know if I like tearing up one machine to make another like that. The back box lights would not be in the right positions but oh well.

#2 6 years ago

Just build a new head, and ask someone here to photograph the light array dead-on so you can reproduce it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Spring Grove, IL
$ 959.00
$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 125.00
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sandusky, OH
$ 69.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-on-rebuilding-headless-quicksilver and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.