Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by policano
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

run_away.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

...be sure you get your own insurance in case someone gets hurt by your machine.

This.

No matter what your contract with the owner says.

No matter what nonsense the owner tells you "Hey, I'm sure my insurance liability will cover you too!!!"

As soon as someone is hurt, EVERYBODY gets sued, every time.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

More machines doesn't necessarily mean you'll take in more money.
    If you have a spot with four games it takes in X amount. Put in 10 more games, and you may only take in the same X amount, spread out over 14 games.
    And you'd have the cost of 10 more games, 10 more licenses, etc. etc. And 3 times the work to maintain them.
    If you want to be an op, you need to really study things like this.
    LTG : )

There is an old OP saying that is 100% true: "There is only so much money in a room".

Between the Pool Tables, the Jukebox, the Dart Boards, the Golden Tees, the Big Buck Hunters, and the Pins, there is a limit to how much customers at that location will spend.

Every OP adds more games until the limit is reached.

Keep an eye on your totals as you add each game.

#16 8 years ago

Pinsideders get upset when you talk about the need for insurance for pins in commercial locations:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-operators-need-insurance-advice-please

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from Msch:

I'd advise the use of periods.

Once a month is enough for me.

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Another theory: By adding more pins, it becomes more of a destination for more potential customers who also spend longer in the room because of the great collection. Therefore, the size of the room effectively grows.
    In theory that is...

Sure, but you still have to find the amount of money in that room.

Let's say that Pinball Polly's has a really deep collection of 75 pins and that brings in people from a 1.5 hour drive radius because it's known as a pinball "destination". Every weekend night the pins take in $1000.

If they double the number of pins to 150, will that double the number of customers? No.

Will it double the distance people will drive? No.

Will it double the cash take? No.

-

Doubling the number of pins will add a small amount of additional customers, but not enough to justify the additional maintenance.

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

But what about taking a small, insignificant collection, that is incidental to the main business (eg 1-5 games) and turning it into a relatively large collection, that then becomes a destination.

THAT'S where you have to find the amount of money in a room.

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Look at Castles and Coasters, didn't they have 90 or so pins. Every time there were pictures posted, only a few were being played. And now they are down to 10 or so.

Same thing at "The Arcade" up in Michigan. Had 100 pins, but too remote of a location. They keep selling off pins and cutting back hours.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vid1900.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-on-putting-my-machines-at-a-local-lounge?tu=vid1900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.