Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by policano
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

run_away.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

First thing is go to the city hall in this town and find out if you can ( zoning ordinances ) and what licenses you need. Could be on you, your company, each game and location.

Then be sure you get your own insurance in case someone gets hurt by your machine.

No idea on getting location to guarantee their safety, they usually don't/won't do that.

LTG : )™

1 week later
    #8 8 years ago
    Quoted from NateZebra:

the operator with games in here isn't putting in more cause he doesn't have them to spare is what they told me....

Sounds like an euphemism for "the place won't earn more than five games worth no matter how many you put in".

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from BestShot31:

Perhaps more machines at a single site costs less in overhead costs?

More machines doesn't necessarily mean you'll take in more money.

If you have a spot with four games it takes in X amount. Put in 10 more games, and you may only take in the same X amount, spread out over 14 games.

And you'd have the cost of 10 more games, 10 more licenses, etc. etc. And 3 times the work to maintain them.

If you want to be an op, you need to really study things like this.

LTG : )

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Another theory: By adding more pins, it becomes more of a destination for more potential customers who also spend longer in the room because of the great collection. Therefore, the size of the room effectively grows.

That's a heck of an idea.

Go for it. Let us know how it works out for you.

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

If they double the number of pins to 150, will that double the number of customers? No.

Will it double the distance people will drive? No.

Will it double the cash take? No.

Will it double maintenance ? Yes.

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

But what about taking a small, insignificant collection, that is incidental to the main business (eg 1-5 games) and turning it into a relatively large collection, that then becomes a destination.

Quoted from cooked71:

Or is it better to spread those 10 games around 5 destinations? Would that increase the overall turnover? Then you have the same maintenance, but a huge amount of travel time and more hassle liaising with the venues.

Only one way to find out. That is what makes an op an op. Figuring out what works. What your customer base is.

There are no guarantees in this business.

And I sincerely hope "becomes a destination" doesn't become the next over used term like HUO or shopped.

To become a destination, could take years, and a lot of money to try and make happen. And it may not. Look at Castles and Coasters, didn't they have 90 or so pins. Every time there were pictures posted, only a few were being played. And now they are down to 10 or so.

LTG : )

#31 8 years ago

I might point out I'm not telling anyone not to try making their dreams happen. Just learn all you can so you have the best chance at success.

I don't want to see anyone lose their home, business, wife/kids, because of a pipe dream.

The world of coin op is littered with broken dreams, divorce, alcoholism, etc. etc.

Here in the safety of Pinside. Pinball seems to be growing. Barcades or what ever the next big thing is opening up. Pinball is growing. Pinball is coming back. The real world can be a whole different picture.

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

They keep selling off pins and cutting back hours.

The beginning of the end. Sad to see.

LTG : (

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-on-putting-my-machines-at-a-local-lounge?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.