You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sw_playfield.jpg
starwars_cab.jpg
star_wars_playfield.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I have found a star wars 1992 in driving distance of me. The machine is in rough shape (outside cab, translite, and some broke play pieces). The pinball works like it is and the guy has put time into rescuing it from a bar, cleaning and finding a few replacement pieces. He is asking 1899 which is no way in as bad of shape as it is.

Issues,
Cabinet is the worst I have seen besides that it appears to have no cracks in it; it is peeling and paint chipping off every where
Coin mech needs cleaning and painting unless you want it to match the cab lol
Playfield seems in ok shape- wear around drop pits but he installed a protecter on both now that covers some of it.
Ramp has a break by the weld and drop down targets are chipped but still work- he has a replacement ramp and drop downs as replacements that will be included
Translite has burned through spots sue to the bar never turning it off -CoinTaker Super Brite LED kit was installed and new rubbers
Chipped top plastic by death star entrance on boba fett, ig88 but does not interfer with play
2 slingshot plastics were warped from old bulb heat but he repalced with 2 more

Knowing you do not have pictures and it's a bit of a shot in the dark, what is a realistic value here;(keeping in mind he has done some work and the game plays)? Secondly how hard is to find some replacement parts for this if I want to get into good condition? Any suggestions on cabinet graphics or solutions to as bad as it is?

Opinions? For $1900 I don't think its worth it especially for what I would want to change out on it.

Thanks for any suggestions guys star_wars_playfield.jpgstar_wars_playfield.jpg starwars_cab.jpgstarwars_cab.jpg sw_playfield.jpgsw_playfield.jpg

#2 11 years ago

I would pass on what you described at that price. But the prices in my neck of the woods might be the reason. Ask yourself this, if you spend all the time and money on this game will there be a nicer one around the corner for what you have into this one? Unless your passion is to restore games because you enjoy it, and the price does not matter, then ignore my opinion.

#3 11 years ago

It usually fetches for $2000 or so in working shape, I believe. Offer $1500?

#4 11 years ago

I'd offer $1200 for it.

#5 11 years ago

800-1000 hard to say for sure without pictures.

If it is heavily routed then you have a lot of money and work ahead of you. Do not get upside for restore parts.

#6 11 years ago

pictures added---

#7 11 years ago

Larger photos would help.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Larger photos would help.

LOL, I clicked on them and thought it was just me until I saw the file size.

#10 11 years ago

yeah those pics came out bad-- but kev linked the machine I was thinking about

#11 11 years ago

thos pictures suck proverbial azz. but that's worth about $1200 in south florida, in that condition.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

I'd offer $1200 for it.

Yeah, $2K is way too much.

#13 11 years ago

I would pass on it for the simple fact that, his auction was impossible to read. Man that was a difficult and shitty setup auction.

#14 11 years ago

Yeah I am thinking I will pass on this too many unknowns and issues. I have found a JM close to my house for $1900 with a rebuilt glove and new dnd board. I will go look at it tomorrow.

#16 11 years ago

+2 sounds like a good choice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-on-pricing-worn-star-wars-1992-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.