Advice on possible project: Cyclone

By MFPinball

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hi guys,

Me and my friend are thinking about restoring/upgrading his Cyclone machine. We are considering replacing ramps, putting in led, upgrading/rebuilding flippers etc. When we looked at the playfield more closely though, we saw it has some potentially serious issues. First off: The inserts have risen significantly above the playfield. When doing some research on how to fix this, we came upon this video

which makes fixing this seem very doable.

However: the playfield has a plastic layer put on it, which i think is mylar (seems a bit thin, could be the age, dunno), which has risen with the inserts and in other places on the playfield, creating bubbles. Now I'm afraid that when we are lowering the inserts using the trick in the video above, we are going to end up with folded plastic which would be nearly as bad as risen inserts (I assume).

Do you guys have any tips on how to tackle this?

All help appreciated!

gr Mario

// Error: Image 386990 not found // // Error: Image 386991 not found // // Error: Image 386992 not found // // Error: Image 386993 not found //
#2 9 years ago

Freeze and remove Mylar before leveling inserts

#3 9 years ago

Vids guide to ultimate playfield restoration will give you step by step instructions

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Freeze and remove Mylar before leveling inserts

After removing mylar you can clean it up and re-mylar it with this:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-7960-564-1

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-on-possible-project-cyclone-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.