8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Leeb18509
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I have an owner who wants me to move their game for them.
    1. Drive West an hour and 1/2 or so...
    2. Break their game down and load it into the van.
    3. Drive it 20-30 minutes North.
    4. Unload & setup.
    5. Drive about an hour and 1/2 back home.

So probably 4 hours max...

What would you charge for this service.

TIA for any responses!

#2 8 years ago

Sounds like it would be worth at least 1/2 of your daily salary which probably doesn't include wear and tear on your vehicle (and your back!).

While others may not agree, it would probably depend on the type of game. Moving an $800 EM is probably not worth as much as moving a $8000 HUO Stern LE.

But, I would say name your price you are comfortable with. If they don't like it, they can find alternate options.

#3 8 years ago

300 plus gas. Does the game fold up? If you have to take the head off, 500 plus gas.

#4 8 years ago

I want to say it's Stern's Memory Lane. It's a late 70s early 80s game, anyway.

It may only be an hour there and another back.

So maybe 4.5 hours all finished?

Thanks, guys.

#5 8 years ago

$250 is probably fair

#6 8 years ago

Friends?. Stranger.??? If its someone I know. Gas. Help. Lunch...

You scatch my back < etc. What comes around goes around. I got you next time.

Stranger. Craigslist.. Mover beware... Am I ever going to see the people again. And what if I damage something. ? It worked BEFORE you moved it. WHAT did YOU Do... ?

NT..

#7 8 years ago

It's a game I sold them years ago. Not strange or a friend. A good buyer, I would say. They haven't called once for repair since I sold it to them, that I can remember. That's pretty friendly.

I don't do moves much, just wanted to be fair to both parties.

Thanks!

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

$250 is probably fair

+ 1
    seems fair

#9 8 years ago

Yeah I assumed this was a complete stranger. Since you don't seem like you're going to have any surprises, 300

#10 8 years ago

FWIW, I just drove a pin 4.5 hours one way for someone I didn't know for $100. I was going there anyway, but still had to rent a U-haul and deal with a 2nd pin. Guess I just like earning karma points....

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-on-moving-charge-rate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.