Advice on Millionaire

By Gomer1969

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I am going to look at a Millionaire tonight. Don't know much about the game. Anyone have any advice on what to look for and what a fair price is? Did some research but it does not look like these sell to often so not much to go one to judge price.

#2 10 years ago

Hmmm, I've never played one of these before. Williams Sys 11 ?

#3 10 years ago

The roulette wheel seems to often be broken. Look to see if the pivoting shooter lane guide... pivots.
$800 in good shape...?

#4 10 years ago

Millionaire or BBBB are usually considered the worst System 11 games so it doesn't have much love or resell value... I really think game show is just System 11 ass as well.

#5 10 years ago

Millionaire would be a much better game without the roulette, slows down the game wayyyy too much (it's like playing Gottlieb Teed off)

#6 10 years ago

I've played it a few times. My friend got it for $300 bucks and actually thought it was semi-decent.

#7 10 years ago

I like it .. decent game, and fun...

The wheel isn't bad at all... its part of the game.. not everything has to be a non stop fail fest...

7-900 for an ABOVE average shopped fully working game....

4-600 for a fully working beater...

easily worth 2/3's of the high end price in boards alone...

#8 10 years ago

There was one at Allentown within the last few shows that got down to $500 on Sunday and didn't sell. Was in nice shape too. The games has a pretty good soundtrack.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinwizkid:

There was one at Allentown within the last few shows that got down to $500 on Sunday and didn't sell. Was in nice shape too. The games has a pretty good soundtrack.

I would have grabbed this in a heartbeat at $500!!

Not a bad pin imo.

#10 10 years ago

They dont come around often, I like mine! I put it in a show last year and it received 464 plays in 2 days.

Its a good game for the price it typically gets.

Mb

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Mb51:

They dont come around often, I like mine! I put it in a show last year and it received 464 plays in 2 days.
Its a good game for the price it typically gets.
Mb

I agree that it's not a horrible game. Just a hard sell, strange theme...

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinwizkid:

The games has a pretty good soundtrack.

LOL...I have to agree with you. I really like the music on it (and its not that bad of a game too)

#13 10 years ago

I can help w/ any Millionaire queries you might have. I played this game a TON on location bitd. In fact it was the fist pin I ever rolled the score on!

Cosmetic and mechanical wise... see if the roulette wheel and the skill shot motor are functioning. Broken plastics - don't there is another source for these. I've seen some nice Millionaire playfields and seen some blown out.. depends how finicky you are.

My only real issues w/ Millionaire: The game can get real easy. If you have no trouble making the ramp shots on this - you'll easy master this. I always tap pass from the left flipper to the right to make that left ramp. I wish there was more different jackpots once you get pass the diamond. One thing to note, I never had a issue w/ the roulette for the gameplay... I actually kinda like it!

I also want to mention, did any Millionaire owners here (past/present) have the siren on top of theirs?

Millionaire also has one of the most underrated musical scores!

#14 10 years ago

No siren on mine, but it does have the wiring to add it. I have never checked to see if it would activate when the roulette wheel spins. (which is when i thought it was supposed to run)

#15 10 years ago

Mine Has the "Siren" on it. It spins basically Three Times. When you shoot first the ball the shooter lane, it spins until you shoot. It spins during the roulettle wheel, and it also spins when the game ends. I personally like and it makes the game that much brighter. I have no idea why the US games didn't have the light. I got the light from Europe and added it into mine. The game is still very fun and the music is outstanding!

#16 10 years ago

Thanks for the insight...

Two questions) Was the hole already precut on these; wiring for it there? 2) Is it just like the opaque beacon like on F-14?

#17 10 years ago

From pics I have seen it is yellow/amber. My US machine has no hole cut for it, the top of the head is solid and would have to be drilled.

The wiring appears to be there, but I have not checked if it activates when it is supposed to, or not.

#18 10 years ago

The Light is CLEAR (Think f14) with money plastic insert thing. I took the insert out so the light it brighter... I had to cut a hole in the top of the head, I hooked it up and it worked perfectly with the harness that was in there. I'm pretty sure I had to use the relay board that came with the light too. Come on over if you'd like to see it.

#19 10 years ago

i've played it last sunday for the 1st time, i found it easy, too easy, very too easy
lock ball 1, look ball 2, and play multiball, and so on...
and i agree with the roulette "breaking" the flow, but in the same time it match the theme

than !?

#20 10 years ago

I finally went over to IPDB to look at the pics, and it looks like it is clear, I stand corrected. One pic looks to show an insert or sticker....

http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1597&picno=50110

#21 10 years ago

Ok this is my story of Millionare! I was scrounging scrap iron yards on a road trip somewhere in Kansas looking for old gas pumps to buy for restoration projects and stumbled across a garage that had seven pinballs mixed with alternator and starter cores and other parts. I took a while to hook up with the owner but bought all the pins dirt cheap including a millionare.

Brought the games to southern ca. and had a blast restoring them. The millionare was 250.00 and it needed a cabinet restore and playfield touch up here and there. The plastics were very good and the wheel we were able to repair no problem. Bought a stencil kit and did my first repaint. Looked great!!!! Played great and yes the music is nice! If you like pinbot you will hear many of the same sounds! Hauled this game to a pinball show two months ago and it sold for $1000.00 to a guy that also bought one of my pinbot machines. It was a great experience and I was able to keep the other games from that lot that were better titles.
Look at the playfield you will most likley see a round circle worn into the paint near the center of the playfield. Everyone I talked to said they all have this damage spot. The factory had a mylar ring there that had some kind of bad reaction with the playfield paint. Some collectors call this ring the coffee stain!

Hope this info helps,
Rob

2 weeks later
#22 10 years ago

I own one and I like it. Nice music.. easy play for guys and yet challenging. IMO, if it is in decent condition, it is worth $800. If it was in perfect condition, I can see it going for $1500.

I have started restoring mine (have a crap load of spare parts if anyone needs any). And the foam holders under the clear plastic center circle is missing. Any idea what I can add to push the clear circle up so it is level with the PF? Any links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

#23 10 years ago

I'm going to pick one up tomorrow for $100. Not sure of the resale value?

#24 10 years ago

mario: $100? Dam... get it.. don't wait. If its decent, you will get $800

#25 10 years ago

it isnt working but thats the way i like to buy them. stacking jobs up for the winter.

#26 10 years ago

I had one years ago, got it cheap and sold it cheap. I did not like it at all, thought it was very blah. The only way I would buy another is if I could make a couple of bucks on it.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from root:

I own one and I like it. Nice music.. easy play for guys and yet challenging. IMO, if it is in decent condition, it is worth $800. If it was in perfect condition, I can see it going for $1500.
I have started restoring mine (have a crap load of spare parts if anyone needs any). And the foam holders under the clear plastic center circle is missing. Any idea what I can add to push the clear circle up so it is level with the PF? Any links would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

How about some 5/16 rubber bumpers?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-on-millionaire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.