Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1911 (resized).PNG
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_1326 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2115 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0261 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0156 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0153 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0152 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0144 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0139 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

I have all dedicated cabs but I know hyperspin can be a nightmare to configure. Depending how many games you want (I mean how many of those 3000 are you REALLY playing) ...

Yeah that was the issue with mine...You want MORE!!! but then the issue is you have way more than you need. Then people come over to play and you're constantyl going out to the main menu and searching through endless games and blah blah it juts becomes really complicated.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

I realized this when a buddy was telling me about the hours and hours he spent setting up 3DO and Atari Jaguar games on his hyperspin.

Too true. And for me it's just crazy with that many ROMs...and then you have the list that reads them and actually shows them in HS. So I really only wanted the games with attract animation in HS so I open this list using C++ that I had to learn what was going on and then edit this list of 400 pages etc etc I mean what a nightmare. And then you gotta get a spinner right? I mean of course you need both a trackball and a spinner etc etc...it never ends.

EDIT: Actually it did end i ripped the thing apart and replaced it with a Pin

#19 6 years ago

Is that Colonel Sanders?

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

Heck, I'd suggest a cocktail table set up, but that's me.

Yeah the issue there is they csn take up a little more space...at least more awkwardly having people on opposite sides. But damn i;ve always wanted a cocktail machine.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

I think it's a great place to put drinks while playing MAME or pinball

For sure...but alas until I can extend my basement I'm out of free space.

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from Oldgoat:

Bite your tongue...It's the Wake Forest mighty Demon Deacon!

I knew what it was. Well I mean I knew it was the Demon Deacon I still don;t know what the hell it's supposed to mean But I've always liked the look.

(Seeing your location, be thankful it's not Yosef...

I was on a raft in a lake on probably beer 15 listening to App state beat UofM and it was one of the best moments of my life. Followed by antother 10 years of great seasons

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from Oldgoat:

Hmm...let me guess MSU or OSU fan?

Anyone that's playing against UofM fan.
    Fork that place...I'm a townie!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-on-mame-cabinet-purchase?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.