Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by lpeters82
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Woz3 (resized).jpg
    Woz2 (resized).jpg
    Woz (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nytewatch33:

Well i ended up buying a beautiful WoZ. Standard edition With shaker and invisa glass. Wife loves it and im enjoying learning the gameplay. Overall very happy with our decision. Thank you again for all of the advice

Woz is a fantastic game. A great first pin. Easy to learn, near impossible to master. Brutal at times, but fun and satisfying. Start reading rulesheets and enjoy your pin. Congrats!

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nytewatch33:

Yes it is a pre-owned WoZ standard edition with shaker and glass upgrade. I was able to take a used set of pinball legs (thank you Whthrs166!), cut them down 5", and had the foot welded back into place. Wire brushed and painted up the new legs, and swapped them out. It was interesting doing the swap and moving the pin by myself (thank you High Lift Jack - lol. I jacked up one side of the pin and then replaced the leg on that side like I was changing a tire on a car. Everything was padded, and I had emergency supports underneath in case the jack slipped) I even took the trouble to install a little felt between the new leg and the pin to make sure there was no scratching behind the legs)
    The WoZ is now installed in the little alcove I had in mind for a pinball, and it fits perfectly! Everything seems to be working flawlessly, with the exception of the crystal ball every once in a while showing colorful "snow" instead of the image that is supposed to show up. Rebooting seems to clear this up.
    Really super happy with it. Broke almost 600K points today, but have a lot to learn.

The crystal ball thing is pretty normal. Happens from time to time. If you lift the playfield and trace the wire to the CPU, you can try reseating the connection. Another thing I would check is that the connection to the crystal ball itself is hot glued. Early editions were just free lancing and could easily come slightly disconnected.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-on-first-pin?tu=Eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.