10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by lpeters82
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Woz3 (resized).jpg
    Woz2 (resized).jpg
    Woz (1) (resized).jpg

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 months ago
    Quoted from Nytewatch33:

I just have to add this - I was running down options based on all of your feedback with my wife, and she said "I don't really care - as long as it has one of those plungers and the flippy things, and some bright lights and stuff" Thought you guys would appreciate that.

AFM does not have a plunger.

#52 10 months ago

I would buy a decent Fish Tales. They're around $2,500, difficult enough to master, family friendly, great theme, and they sell quickly. Good Luck.

#53 10 months ago

I was in a similar boat very recently, and within the first week my wife was trying to figure out how to reconfigure our furniture to make room for the next pin.

FWIW, I chose a Dialed In for our "only one", and we're super happy with it. It's an amazing table. Wife and daughter love it. Play one if you can find one nearby.

#54 10 months ago

I wouldn't let others on pinside convince you that you need to own more than one or two. I owned 3 at one point and I've cycled through several others of the course of 3 years. I felt owning 3 was too many for me then we went down to 2. Right now we just own a MET Pro and are perfectly happy owning just one. If we get bored we'll sell it and try out something else. Honestly I think 2 pins is the perfect amount, just rotate one of them out every 6 months or so.

Bottom line is you can be happy with one or two pins, you don't need a massive collection to enjoy the hobby. I suggest getting a Star Trek Premium and maybe a classic like AFM remake. Those would make a perfect 2 pin collection.

I did own a WOZ RR, we sold it after 6 months. It was a little more difficult for the family to play, the theme was great for them though. I didn't like how hard it was to progress through the code. It might be worth owning that one for awhile to see if you like it.

#55 10 months ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

For cost:

Avoid Prem, LE or JJP to save money.

LOL.

I love the "...or JJP..." part xD. Comment of the week for me.

#56 10 months ago

The one point that I didnt see in this thread is how tech savoy the OP is or wants to be. If you are not planning on doing your own repairs it might be suggested that you stick to NIB or close to it. Yes you can always hire out but it really takes the fun out of it.

#57 10 months ago

$2500-$3500 (World Cup Soccer / Fish Tales / the Getaway HSII). All very family friendly too!

These are great games / themes. You'll play them for years, sell em and mostly likely break even or make a few bucks.

#58 10 months ago

The Shadow. Perfect for a one pin collection.

#59 10 months ago

Honestly for fun,replayability and deep rule set its not close...GoT premium or LE all day

#60 10 months ago
    Quoted from lockislit:

Honestly for fun,replayability and deep rule set its not close...GoT premium or LE all day

GOT Pro > Premium/LE

#61 10 months ago

I love my Star Trek and would highly recommend it, but if you keep coming back to AFM I would say go with what your gut is telling you.

#62 10 months ago

If budget isn't a concern I would buy the DI LE....if its an issue I would buy any pre 2014 HUO Stern or any of the JJP or CGC machines....there are many great titles out there so pick your theme ......

#63 10 months ago

Well i ended up buying a beautiful WoZ. Standard edition With shaker and invisa glass. Wife loves it and im enjoying learning the gameplay. Overall very happy with our decision. Thank you again for all of the advice

#64 10 months ago

Congrats. Williams Indiana Jones was my “1 pin” and that lasted 3 months. WOZ is a keeper for us as well. It appeals to the masses, in general, and it is a beautiful game.

#65 10 months ago

If you buy a NIB pinball; how can you tell it was not just repackaged by a distributor. What to look for?

#66 10 months ago
    Quoted from Nytewatch33:

Well i ended up buying a beautiful WoZ. Standard edition With shaker and invisa glass. Wife loves it and im enjoying learning the gameplay. Overall very happy with our decision. Thank you again for all of the advice

Woz is a fantastic game. A great first pin. Easy to learn, near impossible to master. Brutal at times, but fun and satisfying. Start reading rulesheets and enjoy your pin. Congrats!

#67 10 months ago
    Quoted from cpr9999:

If you buy a NIB pinball; how can you tell it was not just repackaged by a distributor. What to look for?

I suppose someone COULD repackage a pin but it would be a real PITA.

#68 10 months ago

Congratulations, a nice WOZ is a thing of beauty. Plus, it’s really polished now with finished code etc and all the bugs are worked out.

#69 10 months ago

When you say you bought a WOZ, is that the 75th anniversary edition NIB?

That machine looks awesome...we ended up going wth Dialed in but may see if we can get one next year..although now with Guardians of the Galaxy coming out, and a potential toy story next year....really like the AFMR as well...doh...I haven't even received the 3 I just ordered and I'm lining up to buy more...what a crazy hobby... good luck just buying one!
    Would love pics and thoughts on unboxing etc....we just wanted one and bought 3 and haven't receive do them yet and so any unboxing pics experience would be awesome!

#70 10 months ago

He said Woz standard edition with shaker not the RR edition.

#71 10 months ago
    Quoted from Nytewatch33:

CONGRATS!

Don't don't forget to update your collection information here on Pinside!

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit
    -check out my Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2111218102/pinball-pyramid?ref=bcsjqr

#73 10 months ago

Yes it is a pre-owned WoZ standard edition with shaker and glass upgrade. I was able to take a used set of pinball legs (thank you Whthrs166!), cut them down 5", and had the foot welded back into place. Wire brushed and painted up the new legs, and swapped them out. It was interesting doing the swap and moving the pin by myself (thank you High Lift Jack - lol. I jacked up one side of the pin and then replaced the leg on that side like I was changing a tire on a car. Everything was padded, and I had emergency supports underneath in case the jack slipped) I even took the trouble to install a little felt between the new leg and the pin to make sure there was no scratching behind the legs)

The WoZ is now installed in the little alcove I had in mind for a pinball, and it fits perfectly! Everything seems to be working flawlessly, with the exception of the crystal ball every once in a while showing colorful "snow" instead of the image that is supposed to show up. Rebooting seems to clear this up.

Really super happy with it. Broke almost 600K points today, but have a lot to learn.

#74 10 months ago

Got to show us a picture, especially this alcove area.

#75 10 months ago
    Quoted from Nytewatch33:

Yes it is a pre-owned WoZ standard edition with shaker and glass upgrade. I was able to take a used set of pinball legs (thank you Whthrs166!), cut them down 5", and had the foot welded back into place. Wire brushed and painted up the new legs, and swapped them out. It was interesting doing the swap and moving the pin by myself (thank you High Lift Jack - lol. I jacked up one side of the pin and then replaced the leg on that side like I was changing a tire on a car. Everything was padded, and I had emergency supports underneath in case the jack slipped) I even took the trouble to install a little felt between the new leg and the pin to make sure there was no scratching behind the legs)
    The WoZ is now installed in the little alcove I had in mind for a pinball, and it fits perfectly! Everything seems to be working flawlessly, with the exception of the crystal ball every once in a while showing colorful "snow" instead of the image that is supposed to show up. Rebooting seems to clear this up.
    Really super happy with it. Broke almost 600K points today, but have a lot to learn.

The crystal ball thing is pretty normal. Happens from time to time. If you lift the playfield and trace the wire to the CPU, you can try reseating the connection. Another thing I would check is that the connection to the crystal ball itself is hot glued. Early editions were just free lancing and could easily come slightly disconnected.

#76 10 months ago

600k points is good or else I just suck real bad.

#77 10 months ago

A few pictures of the WoZ in its new home There is actually plenty of room on the sides for the flipper buttons. It doesn't look like it in the pictures, but there is.

Woz (1) (resized).jpg
    Woz2 (resized).jpg
    Woz3 (resized).jpg

#78 10 months ago

Welcome to the club!!

#79 10 months ago

That's crazy. Reminds me of the Pinballlife party where they hung some pins by the ceiling with chains.

#80 10 months ago

Ha, no slap saves there!

#81 10 months ago

Plenty of room to nudge and bump the pin. It's deceptive from the pics. Also the good news is this the largest pin I'm likely to own, so non wide body pins would provide even more room. Honestly it looks like it was designed for a pin - because it kind of was in the back of my mind when I rebuilt the room

#82 10 months ago

Depends on the player I would imagine. I don't really move games a whole lot, so that would probably work great for me... but I know guys who leap up, slap the sides of the cab, fling their arms around, the works. But hey! It works, you got a pin in the house, so that is ALL GOOD.

#83 10 months ago

Looks great in it's new home. I once had a "pinball closet" for my one machine. That quickly turned into a pinball room.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.95
    $ 48.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 159.00
    $ 28.95
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 8.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 105.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside