image-396.jpg
image-542.jpg
image-458.jpg
image-307.jpg
image-45.jpg
image-352.jpg
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Hello all. Looking for advice on what y'all would pay for this particular pin. I know we just had a similar thread but I would appreciate your input on this particular pin. Guy wants 2500, says it is in great shape with perfect back glass. I don't have a pic of that yet. Works 100%. Has some wear at the saucer/kick out and around the goalie. It would be my first pin and is six hours away so any help would be appreciated. Some photos...

image-287.jpgimage-287.jpgimage-568.jpgimage-568.jpgimage-858.jpgimage-858.jpgimage-596.jpgimage-596.jpgimage-237.jpgimage-237.jpgimage-123.jpgimage-123.jpgimage-396.jpgimage-396.jpgimage-542.jpgimage-542.jpgimage-458.jpgimage-458.jpgimage-307.jpgimage-307.jpgimage-45.jpgimage-45.jpgimage-352.jpgimage-352.jpg.image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Too much $$. I'd say 2k tops for that much wear. Lot of touch up at flipper buttons and massive wear at saucers and what's up with the soccer ball?

#3 10 years ago

$1800 is more like it IMO.....

Edit: you need to fight the temptation to get a machine right away, play a few of them and then decide. WCS is a great pin but in a one pin collection will get boring fast. For 2500 you can get a ton of other pins that have more last-ability. Look at Fish Tales, The Shadow, Rilpley's etc....

#4 10 years ago

Thanks for the reply toaster dog. I believe the soccer ball is spinning, giving that appearance.....unless you are referring to something else

#5 10 years ago

The cabinet is really nice, you don't see bright yellows like that, unless it's been repainted. I'd agree, the touch up near the flipper is quite substantial. Kick out holes are the first things to go on this machine. Also seems like you are missing a star post in the picture with the assist kickout hole. It's not a big deal but for the price he is asking this thing should almost be perfect, including the kickouts. Might want to ask for a shot with the ball not spinning, who knows maybe the ball is really shot. $1800 - 2000.

#6 10 years ago

$1700 - $1800 would be all I would offer. That assumes no credit dot / issues not disclosed, ramps at entrance are not in shambles or cracked up near the lock. Some might say a little more just due to the fact the cab's yellows are actually, yellow but there is a fair amount of wear on that right side flipper button area plus the seller was too lazy to spring for the Cliffys at that price, so points deducted on principle.

Good family game, good theme, easy rule sets, obtainable objectives and while it latest for over six years in my collection was one of the least played games and I finally left it go last year.

-Mike

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

$1800 is more like it IMO.....
Edit: you need to fight the temptation to get a machine right away, play a few of them and then decide. WCS is a great pin but in a one pin collection will get boring fast. For 2500 you can get a ton of other pins that have more last-ability. Look at Fish Tales, The Shadow, Rilpley's etc....

Good advice for sure. Actually I have been looking for about 2-3 months. Part of the problem is there is zero places to play pinball around here. Closest is going to be a probably in Green Bay, Appleton or Milwaukee area which are 2-3.5 hours away.....so no real chance to go play pinball or easily try different games, with work, family, etc........

#8 10 years ago

Definitely too much given the condition. There's a lot of wear at that hole. $1800 or less in that condition, and I wouldn't drive that far at that price

#9 10 years ago

I think you have picked a great machine. I have one and I love it. The problem with playfield wear is that it is hard to repair and if you are anal it will eventually be all you can see. I have learned it is worth it to wait and pay $600 more for a machine with less wear.

#10 10 years ago

$1,500 is what I'd offer for it.. Cabinet looks nice but the playfield has seen better days...

#11 10 years ago

2-2200 IMO. Saucer looks bad all else looks pretty solid.

Very fun game.

#12 10 years ago

1800 tops assuming no other issues. This pin can be found quite often. If u want this title I would wait for a better example.

#13 10 years ago

Plus doesn't WCS just have a translite? so saying the backglass is perfect is a little misleading.

#14 10 years ago

Also since in all the pictures the soccer ball is spinning I would bet that its pretty beat up and faded, it would take more effort than not to take pictures of it ONLY while spinning.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Also since in all the pictures the soccer ball is spinning I would bet that its pretty beat up and faded, it would take more effort than not to take pictures of it ONLY while spinning.

Good point, that soccer ball is spinning in every picture.. Lol

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

I had the same concern. I sent him a text requesting pics of a stationary ball and goalie prior to posting. I will post them here for fun if nothing else.

Post edited by smailskid: spelling

#17 10 years ago

$1800.00 to $2000.00 is spot on. I got mine for $2200.00 with much less wear at the York show last year. I was offering mine for sale earlier fully shopped and LED'd with new soccer ball on pf and soccer ball plunger for $2700.00. I've since decided not to sell it as it's growing on me and I want to do a color LCD conversion. Be patient. You will find a much better specimen for your money, probably here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

8,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-on-first-pin-wcs-94-2500similar-thread-different-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.