2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ROBWHENT
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockwell.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I am working on a rebuild of a Sorcerer machine, it was delivered to me disassembled, so I was unable to play it beforehand. I am playing and testing the game now, trying to dial everything in. The multiball was kicking out sort of weirdly (kind of bounced around before it got spat out through the gate), so I tried adjusting the position of the kickout arm a few different ways. The video below shows where it is now, I think next I may look at the ball guide and try to re-position that.

If you have a Sorcerer that kicks out a nice MB, I'd love to see an image (top-down look of the ball guide) to see how it looks.

Here's where I'm at. The video is a bit loud, be warned

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HSMvGsEgmgtFxn479

Thanks!

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Looks fine to me. You're never going to get a powerful UMPH out of it because of its design with the raised piece in front of the hole, the eject arm is really just there to get it over the hump and gravity takes care of the rest.
The only thing that might be an issue is the rubber on the exit area if it's too high will grab the ball as it goes by.

I will check the rubber, thanks for the input. My only other thought was maybe I could adjust the little metal ball stop bracket in some way to effectively make it easier for the ball to clear the hump, and give it a little more umph. But that feels potentially like too much risk for not enough reward, I dunno.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

That metal piece in front is raised like that so a ball doesn't hit one waiting there and pop it out if there's some speed off the ramp.
If the 'roof' is adjustable you might play with that, but I think it's ok. I know it would be nice if the ball popped out and always made it to the upper left flipper.
Of course, I didn't see your before adjustment but I'm guessing it was really bad? The lock area is a little tight on Sorcerer so it's not like there's a lot of space for speed to build up.

Yeah, for sure. I can manipulate the metal roof flap and see what that does. Maybe if I hit it with a little wax it would come off of there a bit nicer? Results will probably be minimal, but what the hell. Worth a look.

#7 2 years ago

If you have a Sorcerer that kicks out a nice MB, I'd love to see an image (top-down look of the ball guide) to see how it looks. Going to try and adjust mine a bit, would love a smoother kick-out. Thanks!

#8 2 years ago

So the answer to our question is...adjust the flap on the metal roof piece. The one on mine was a little low, so it sort of kept the ball from coming out of the hole nicely. By lifting it up a bit, it helped the ball rebound off the roof more "forward" instead of "down," which helped a ton.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockwell.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-on-dialing-in-sorcerer-mb-kickout?tu=rockwell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.