(Topic ID: 227771)

Advice on buying Iron Maiden Premium as a first pin

By LargemouthAss

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider largemouthass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hi everyone! New to the site and already found tons of great info!

When I was 6 years old my Dad brought home Gottlieb's "The Amazing Spiderman" and I played the hell out of it for 18 more years. It is a simple target-based game but it made me a good shot and gave me a solid skill set I have been able to apply to any other pinball machine I have played. Now that I am 38 I recently started frequenting a local pinball pizza shop/bar and have fallen in love with the Iron Maiden Premium machine. I have a daughter who will turn 8 in 2 weeks and a 4 year old son, both LOVE the Iron Maiden game. My daughter has been pushing me to buy it (not that I needed any further motivation). It helps that we are HUGE Maiden fans and my kids met Steve Harris backstage on their last tour.

We have the room in our basement for a pinball machine but to get it into the basement it will have to come down a grass hill in my side yard in order to get to the door, so I was planning on buying one NIB so I can put the packed machine on a dolly without scratching it up. Gameroomguys.com seems to be the best price as they include shipping.

My questions:
1) I am a pretty handy guy but I am not an electrician. I have done some soldering in the past and am willing to learn more. Is the Iron Maiden Premium significantly less reliable than other machines? Is it a bad machine for a beginner? I saw that there have been some issues with the Premium compared to the Pro but the features seem worth it to me. I love the sarcophagus feature.

2) What is the reputation of gameroomguys.com here? Would I be better off buying local? The only vendor that carries the Iron Maiden machine is a 2 hour drive away OR a vendor without a retail location whose website appears to be from 1998 (although he did reply to an e-mail). Both charge a lot for delivery.

3) Is "white glove" setup and delivery worth it or can two guys set this thing up without a hydraulic lift? I am concerned about getting the legs on a 250lb machine but everything else seems simple enough.

Thanks for any help and insight!

#3 5 years ago

Sorry can you clarify what is confusing?

#5 5 years ago

The title said "Iron Man", rather than "Iron Maiden".

My bad!

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

You can probably find an Iron Man (Pro Vault Edition) if you really want one

Have yet to play one but if I get a chance to and love it I will make it happen!

#11 5 years ago

Good information! Thanks!
I have seen that the pinball community tends to buy/sell/trade a LOT but honestly I am the kind of guy who buys and holds on, be it stereo equipment/TVs/etc. I was planning on this being the only pinball machine in the home and it lasting for a decade plus.

EDIT: Should also mention the room this is going in serves as the kids playroom and my wife's treadmill room so I do not have room for more than one pin, at least not until the kids move on from playing with toys.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

I find it very hard to believe that Game Room Guys has the best pricing - maybe check w/ Tilt Amusements or Game Exchange?

Tilt does not have the prices listed but I sent an email. Game Exchange has the same price but appears to charge for shipping.

#15 5 years ago

PM sent. I am worried that a pinball machine will not fit in my 2011 Pathfinder and renting a truck for a long drive will eat into the savings of buying used.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Maybe you can ask for the help of a local pinside member, that lives close by,to give you a hand. That's what I did, and I met a very nice member ,that helped me out.There's a lot of nice people on this forum, so give it a shot.
I did offer a Philly cheese steak and some beer for lunch,to sweeten the pot.

Great idea!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider largemouthass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-on-buying-iron-man-premium-as-a-first-pin?tu=largemouthass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.