IMG_1718.JPG
IMG_1717.JPG
IMG_1716.JPG
IMG_1719.JPG
IMG_1715.JPG
IMG_1710.JPG
IMG_1708-543.JPG
IMG_1709.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider r6emperor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 9 years ago

I've been using products from Caswell Plating for years. First for powdercoat then for polishing supplies. I used to build engines and had a bunch of "chromeboys" locked in a battle to out shine each other... I spent a lot of time polishing bolts, cylinder heads, everything you can think of.

Recently bought a combo kit (different sizes available depending on buffer size and HP rating) with several wheels, compounds, and a rake. It comes with a polishing guide to walk you through the process and get you started.

The shooter rod handle -should- be solid aluminum, so some sanding to get past the pitting and then polishing to shine it -should- work. Do you have a similar one to practice on? That would be the best bet, just like soldering, practice on something disposable to hone your skills.

The shooter surrounds are chrome plated, so you can remove the plating if you go to far. Living with minor pitting or replacement are the only easily attainable options. You can strip the platings, polish, and get it replated, but it'll be very time consuming and expensive.

Same for the coin door. I believe they are chromed as well. Any rust coming through means the plating is comprised in that area. You can steel wool it to remove the rust then polish it over to reshine the are, but the rust will come back

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider r6emperor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-on-buffer-wheels-and-polishing-in-general?tu=r6emperor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.