• Buy it 38 votes
    93%
  • Dont buy it 3 votes
    7%

(41 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2018-08-09_8-23-33 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Metzu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

what should i know about BSD im going to see one that its for sale.also any coments on this title will be great!

#7 5 years ago

I'm surprised that nobody said Nothing about the reStarts does the Daughter boards works for this issue?

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

What he said. If you like challenging pins and monster/horror pins this is THE ONE to own. It's a Top 5 90s pin for me and #1 most challenging and #1 most instense and #1 most satisfying multi-ball stack. It's pretty much the opposite of corny and easy Monster Bash

Yes i have played it before i know its hard but again a lot of people says fish tales its hard too and i own one and i dont think if that hard and you can always set it easier 4 balls ect right

Do you own a BSD?

#15 5 years ago

Oh and tell me about the price of this title its going for

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

Oh and tell me about the price of this title its going for

its true that Gary oldman did the call outs for it???

2018-08-09_8-23-33 (resized).jpg2018-08-09_8-23-33 (resized).jpg
#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Starts at 3k when functional, going up from there based on condition

I suppose im up for a great deal then need to check on it tho

Yes, he did the call outs. Some lines taken from movie, but others were recorded just for the pin. Extra ball!!

I didnt know that!

Quoted from bigd1979:

Still one my favorites after 3 years of ownership and thousands and thousands of games.

Interesting i guess i should get it

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Love my drac. Favorite as a kid and still my favorite after owning for almost 4 years.
But pretty much everything has been covered. Planking is common on this game.
And when checking the mist use the test in the menu. Those optos can cause problems but any issues have been covered pretty in depth on here
honestly bsd has been the most reliable game I have owned. But that's different for everyone

Seller says that "everything works"

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Starts at 3k when functional, going up from there based on condition

Yes, he did the call outs. Some lines taken from movie, but others were recorded just for the pin. Extra ball!!

Did sir Hopkins too recorded the callouts for it?

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Pretty basic stuff, but make sure mist multiball and the castle lock are working properly. I had to adjust my castle lock to prevent it from spitting out two balls at the same time. I also had to adjust the VUK on the left side of the playfield. It's a great game though. Hopefully you can find a way to bring it home.

I didnt get the spitting out two balls at the same time part

#28 5 years ago

can somebody explain me about pinsound? its the same sounds with better quality or are them diffrent sound/callouts/music?

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Pinsound is a developed hardware board that brings true stereo sound to your sound system. It is absolutely incredible in terms of what it can offer, but there are a couple edges that need to be filed:
1. It is user friendly, but not so easy a monkey can do it. To people who are used to installing a ColorDMD or updating code on a Stern, installing PinSound is pretty easy. The board comes with a solid set of instructions; however, some people struggle with swapping boards and tend to hook things up wrong. Just go slowly, and you should be ok.
2. The original sounds will lack severely in audio quality compared to any soundset available from the Pinsound forums. Its sometimes an "all or none" solution with replacing old sounds for new ones. The originals suffer from horrible compression and lowpower. You pretty much will be replacing all old sounds and music for new ones.
3. It takes time to learn. You can create your own Pinsound soundsets. I mean, that's how these sound packages are getting made available; people are taking the time to do them and provide their efforts as downloadable filesets. If you plan to do this yourself, it can be a bit of a learning curve....
4. Expensive. For one game, no big deal, but if you look to swap boards in a 5+ pin collection at $379, it can get expensive quickly.
Just a couple things to consider before putting the money down. BSD does have a solid Pinsound fileset available. Look for it on YouTube....

BSD has a set that its diffrent from the stock one?

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

This guy gets it. Hard to piggyback or top that succinct review! I remember riding the 30M wave the first time. Think I heard the 30M callout once because I was so in shock that I had obtained 3x MB that my nerves froze and I couldn't make any shots, but I knew I wanted to do it again!!! Thus, the vicious "one more game" cycle rinses and repeats....
Get one when you can. I am hearing this game starts at $3000 now....? Wow, I remember when it was $1200 all day long. I think that was before Bowen's tutorial came out - then the game became pretty hot and stayed at the $2500 mark for a long time. Sounds like with the plastics and ramps w/decals now available as well as PinSound and ColorDMD support, the game has gotten some well-deserved attention.
OP, don't be in an insane hurry to get one. They come up fairly regularly. This isn't Data East's King Kong or Bally's Bigfoot - they show up when you least expect it or stop searching the internet everyday. Trust me, you get one - just keep logic ahead of emotion and take a fellow pinball owner or Pinsider with you - especially one that knows this game well. They'll be there to keep your feet on the ground when you start rationalizing "oh, I can fix that." when there's something like an ax sticking right out of the middle of the playfield.

im so curious about the pinsound mix about this title its there a way that i can hear it?

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

im so curious about the pinsound mix about this title its there a way that i can hear it?

i just saw it jesus christ!

omg wtf its this audio i though the stock audio was good but this its....

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

i just saw it jesus christ!
omg wtf its this audio i though the stock audio was good but this its....

how can i get this pinsound ?

its this available?

no matter how much i try i cant register on the pinside website the never send the email confirmation

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

how can i get this pinsound ?

its this available?

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

Wow that pinsound is very cool. The only problem with that video is it looks like that BSD had normal wpc flippers (I could be wrong). The lightning flippers really make BSD the son of a bitch pin that it is. You truly don't get to appreciate the 30 million unless its a rare event... But man after watching this video I think BSD may be the one pin to fork over the big bucks on a pinsound board.
Great game... get one and play it... if you hate it selling it will not be an issue. It was the first pin I bought back in the late 90's. Got the itch for another pin so I sold it after a couple years. Within a few weeks i knew I had made a mistake. It took me a year to find another and its been in the collection for 17 years. The game is humbling and I love stacking the mulitballs would take a ridiculous offer to get rid of mine. The value has skyrocketed in the last year or so. 3k seams to be the equilibrium price for a decent one.
Things to watch for: Planking playfields there are quite of few with these issues seemed to be an issue in 93-94 (doesn't affect play so you could save some bucks by buying one with planking). Mist operation is key as fixing an intermittent MIST issue can be quite difficult to diagnose.
Don't fail here tonight!
Al

thank you for your advices!

so if the mist its working thats it? other than the common things to watch for like flippers VUKS ect?

#39 5 years ago

does this machine has the lighting flippers? i cant tell

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 84.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 5.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Metzu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-on-bsd?tu=Metzu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.